November 2, 2018
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
Healthy “Vape” Pen I've Been “Smoking”:
OK, OK, this is not a vape pen per se, but rather an essential oil “inhaler” pen that is so simple and safe to use that even my kids are “taking hits” on peppermint essential oil before school. It's called a “FUM pen”. I've been taking hits on cinnamon and nutmeg for focus, lavender for relaxation, and peppermint for a pre-workout, lung and head-clearing effect. Studies have even shown that using a pen like this with black pepper essential oils can help get rid of smoking and nicotine cravings (for those of you who have been chomping on too much of that nicotine gum I recommended a few weeks ago). Plus, handcrafted just west of Calgary, AB, Canada, the thing just looks sexy and super functional. Get your pen here, and get your essential oils to go along with it here. When you enter code BEN at checkout, you'll get free shipping on your pen in the U.S. and Canada when you spend $40 or more bones.
The Most Amazing Yogurt Ever:
Dr. William Davis, a leading cardiologist and the author of the brilliant book, “Undoctored“, has a free article on how to make a special strain of yogurt that heals the gut, shuts down appetite, increases collagen production for hair/skin/nails and even enhances production of the love hormone oxytocin. No joke. The stuff is super simple to make at home, and my boys and I have been making big ol' batches of the stuff for smoothies, salad dressing or just a treat all by itself. I modified his recipe and added a bunch of gelatin and vanilla stevia after making it, then refrigerated for an awesome creamy treaty. Read his article on how to make it here, and listen to my boys' podcast on it here.
Low-Calorie Drinks I've Been Enjoying:
I'm often asked what I turn to as low-calorie alternatives to sugary kombuchas, soft drinks or ways to keep the appetite satiated when water is just, too…boring. Here are my favorites:
- Pellegrino in glass bottles (I highly recommend adding Omica Organic Butterscotch Toffee Stevia)
- Zevia Soda (click here to listen to my fascinating podcast with the CEO)
- Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks (*AMAZING* digestifs, but choose versions with no sugar, like Ginger Spice)
- Kevita Coconut Water Kefir (also choose versions with low residual sugar/calories, like Lemon Cayenne)
- Any tea of choice including green tea, black tea, specialty teas or (if organic) decaf coffee.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Learn to Forage and Grow More of Your Own Food No Matter Where You Live :::
…Keeping chickens and goats…growing your own vegetables…foraging locally for herbs and edibles…
If you have dreamed of having the skills to source your own food, but aren't sure where to begin, this online series is perfect for you. With the right tools, information, and advice, you and your family can source much more of your own food no matter where you live. This free online series will equip you with more tools for living closer to the way our human ancestors did. Register here.
::: Beyond Treating Symptoms: Cultivate a Healthy, High-Performing Brain :::
We cannot count on a single pill to solve our health problems. But, hope is NOT lost! The Superhuman Brain Masterclass will give you access to the upgrades you've been looking for: maximized memory, exceptional focus and greatly productive brain function. When you join me for this free masterclass, you'll learn the “Superhuman Brain proprietary methodology”: simple checklists, step-by-step solutions and little-known protocols that invite healing, brain upgrades and next-level performance.
Whether you're in need of healing OR enhancing your brain, you are going to learn practical wisdom and next-level hacks to enhance your mind. The Superhuman Brain Masterclass is online and free from December 3-9, 2018. Register here today.
::: Join Me For a Very Special Dinner in NYC :::
Join me and the renowned Chef David Bouley for a wellness-inspired, multi-course dinner followed by a presentation– “The Ultimate Anti-Aging Diet – The Perfect Foods To Eat Your Way To Longevity.”
This immersive dining and educational culinary experience is part of Bouley’s “the Chef and the Doctor” series– a series of health-focused, multi-course culinary experiences featuring world-renowned doctors and Chef David Bouley. Each event begins with a reception featuring passed canapés and a specialty health tonic cocktail. After the doctor discussion, Chef Bouley will prepare a healthy wine dinner featuring products and ingredients to further enhance the topic of the evening. You’ll learn, wine and dine at Bouley Test Kitchen. This event space features an open kitchen meaning unfiltered access to seeing the Bouley Chefs preparing and cooking your meal! An evening not to be missed! RSVP here.
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 1, 2018: Spartan AT&T Park Stadium Sprint, San Francisco, California. Can you feel the energy, San Fran? Run around the concourse. Rope climb in the outfield. Do burpees in the dugout. Challenge yourself to three miles that will include 20+ signature obstacles. See you there!
– December 2 – 8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 14 – 16, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low libido and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– Jan 20 – 21, 2019: Serious Business Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana. This conference is going invoke thought and insight and expose you to new ideas and thinking on self-development and business in the beauty industry. Register here.
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) October 31, 2018
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Every weekend I try to do something epic, like a big hike, a long paddleboard session, a bike ride through the farmlands…
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Evidence for the heart and brain health benefits from omega-3 fish oil is undeniable.* But LivingFuel SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ does not stop there. It is far more than just fish oil; it is a sophisticated Antioxidant Essential Fatty Acids supplement and it’s ideal for the entire family.
Conventional fish oil supplements contain significantly more EPA than DHA (typically a 3:2 EPA:DHA ratio), but SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ contains additional DHA that gives it a 1:1 EPA:DHA ratio. Mounting research suggests that higher levels of DHA are optimal for human health, supporting the new 1:1 ratio.
Not all fish oils are created equal. The best quality Omega-3 fats like those in SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ come from small fish like sardines and anchovies that thrive in cold waters. Unfortunately, many of the supplements lining the aisles of health food stores contain inexpensive fish oils from large fish that swim in suspect waters. Plus, they often contain fillers and synthetic materials that can rob the body of nutrition. Order it here.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!