Ben Greenfield Life is a creative, dynamic and entertaining educational experience for people who want teaching, content and media that empowers them to live an adventurous, joyful and fulfilling life. BGL is a portal of discovery for those who, like Ben Greenfield, desire to live life to the fullest; experience deep meaning, purpose, happiness, fulfillment and connection; explore and enjoy every nook and cranny of God’s great creation; get connected to and learn to use the most cutting-edge time and trench-proven strategies to better their lives; and discover how to achieve full optimization of mind, body and spirit, all with boundless energy that equips them to go and conquer every mountain they’ve been called to climb, along with a supportive community of fellow lovers of life who have a deep desire to make maximum impact while loving others fully and savoring every step of the journey with passionate authenticity and energetic curiosity. By discovering and following BGL’s content and teaching, people will be fully educated, equipped and inspired to maximally live their life’s purpose with full vitality.
We passionately empower people to live a bold, purpose-filled and adventurous life infused with health, hope, happiness and love.
As Content Manager, this role is responsible for overseeing the creation of multiple forms of content, executing on the broader content strategy and ensuring all processes and procedures are being carefully followed. Duties include leading a team of content professionals, helping to create content strategies highlighting products and services and reviewing competitor content and market trends to identify new content ideas.
You will review campaign calendars to determine upcoming content deadlines, review marketing reports and look at data from previous campaigns to make predictions about current and future campaign success. Host meetings with content specialists and other team members, to check on progress, answer questions and assign new content tasks accordingly.
To be successful in this role you:
- Are excited about Ben’s new mission, vision, and core values of Ben’s new brand, Ben Greenfield Life. Your purpose connects with our mission, vision, values, and focus.
- You have been a regular follower of Ben’s podcasts, articles, and social media content and you want to be apart of driving our message forward into the world.
- Have been in an agency or related role for a minimum of three years or in an equivalent role with similar experience.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including advanced writing and editing skills
- Approach work with a meticulous attention to detail
- Can think creatively and present new ideas for content
- Possess strong management and organizational skills
- Have a detailed knowledge of current online tools and marketing trends, including SEO
- Are a problem solver and can solve problems swiftly
- Have experience creating content and/or experience running a content creation team
- Are someone who has excellent analytical skills and attention to detail and enjoys utilizing these skills to implement continuous improvement models
- You are comfortable writing and planning for messaging with faith-based, Christian content across diverse subject matter topics
- A solid grasp of content strategies across social media platforms
- Good understanding of SEO
- Systematic problem-solving approach with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make progress in areas where high ambiguity and uncertainty exist.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills.
- Must excel at using tools such as Asana, Slack and Zoom.
- The social media space, basic strategies for content and how they apply to specific platforms.
- Emerging digital and social media platforms and how to leverage them
- Affiliate marketing experience a plus, but not required
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Leading a team of content creators and overseeing content creation for the company’s digital footprint across multiple websites, social media platforms.
- Targeting a specific set of keywords for all the articles written and published
- Repurposing content to fit the publishing media, video production or social media
- Working closely with the company’s marketing team and partnerships team to devise online marketing strategies
- Updating content on an ongoing basis
- Understand BGL’s products, services, target audiences and customer reviews to help drive content strategies
- Manage highly complex content marketing calendars to highlight deadlines for specific campaigns, ensure proper content mix and optimize for maximum engagement.
- Work closely with managers across the organization to collaborate on product launches and the design of bonus content across all media streams.
- Oversee a content production team's creation and management of targeted content for BGL’s website and social media platforms.
- Cooperate with the brand marketing, coaching, events and partnerships team to create digital content and monitor its effectiveness over time
- Maintain a content marketing calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year
- Stay abreast of current best practices in the industry and review competitor websites to compare their activities with those of BGL
- Research and identify alternative media opportunities and devise implementation and integration plans with other media.
- Full-time exempt salaried position in the range of $60,000-80,000 DOE
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision coverage available; employer paid STD/LTD/Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- 401K plan available
- Gym/Fitness and Cell phone stipends; birthday and work anniversary gifts
- Get your ideal work setup: We believe that creating the right environment makes everyone more productive. We will reimburse up to $750 for equipment you need to do the best work of your life.
- Educational Incentives: We're all about growth & development and want to make sure you can do that in your role.
- Remote work with the ability to work flexible hours
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Required to attend annual team retreat, huddles, and All-Team meetings unless otherwise approved by the supervisor
- Reporting directly to the Director of Content and working under the Division of Brand Marketing and Sales
- We are remote friendly for all states except CA, IL, NV, NJ, OH, and PA; we are only hiring US residents at this time
If you want this to be your future, please apply at this link: bengreenfieldlife.com/contentmanager with your resume, a 2-3 minute video introducing us to you (what you bring to the role and what about BGL excites you) and a letter of interest on why you are the right fit for this role and the BGL team! Please only apply if you fit the requirements and responsibilities listed above. Only candidates who submit all items requested will be considered for this role.
All application materials must be received by: Sunday at 11:59pm PST, September 18, 2022.
Thank you – we look forward to working with you!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives. The salary range listed describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.