Ben Greenfield Life is a creative, dynamic and entertaining educational experience for people who want teaching, content and media that empowers them to live an adventurous, joyful and fulfilling life. BGL is a portal of discovery for those who, like Ben Greenfield, desire to live life to the fullest; experience deep meaning, purpose, happiness, fulfillment and connection; explore and enjoy every nook and cranny of God’s great creation; get connected to and learn to use the most cutting-edge time and trench-proven strategies to better their lives; and discover how to achieve full optimization of mind, body and spirit, all with boundless energy that equips them to go and conquer every mountain they’ve been called to climb, along with a supportive community of fellow lovers of life who have a deep desire to make maximum impact while loving others fully and savoring every step of the journey with passionate authenticity and energetic curiosity. By discovering and following BGL’s content and teaching, people will be fully educated, equipped and inspired to maximally live their life’s purpose with full vitality.
We passionately empower people to live a bold, purpose-filled and adventurous life infused with health, hope, happiness and love.
The role of Editorial Assistant for Ben Greenfield Life will be to assist with and execute against the full editorial strategy for Ben Greenfield Life. This role will be responsible for working with and providing editorial support for the BGL Editorial Manager and more broadly, the BGL content team.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in English, communications, or other relevant educational background.
- Previous experience in copywriting and/or as an editorial assistant.
- Fluent in editing and writing processes for blog articles, emails, social copy, materials and more.
- Experience with content management software is a plus.
- A natural collaborator with demonstrated sound work ethic.
- Demonstrated fluency with editing grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- Can collaborate with many teams and individuals across an organization.
- A critical eye for detail and ability to deliver with a high level of accuracy.
- Email setup, scheduling and platform experience are a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for editorial, blog, email and social media copywriting.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally on all written content.
- Ensure timely and appropriate development and delivery of digital content that conforms to editorial style.
- Execute against an established workflow via small, medium, and long-term projects.
- Create weekly contributions to all written copy that make up the BGL platform.
- Contribute to the editorial vision and strategy that pushes forward growth, retention, discovery, and revenue generation.
- Assist content personnel in editing, writing, and structuring copy.
- Assist in producing a high-quality product according to BGL specifications.
- Willingness and ability to learn how to write specifically in Ben’s voice.
- Follow established playbook documents and best practices to ensure consistent processes.
- Create schedules, monitor deadlines, track assignments and workflows, prepare and communicate deliveries.
- Create, further develop, and maintain the accuracy of project guidelines, templates, checklists, data.
- Oversee daily and weekly project workflows and meet critical adoption and partnership deadlines as directed by supervisors.
- Effectively communicate with team members to accomplish content development goals and to ensure consistency of content implementation across product type.
- Align with SEO best practices across departments, advise on execution of continuous improvement models.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with autonomy and propose solutions to supervisors as they arise.
- Able to plan tasks appropriately in advance to mitigate consistent last minute checkups.
- Setup, schedule and manage outbound email communications, campaigns, newsletters and promotional efforts.
- Part-time hourly position in the range of $18/hr-$23/hr DOE
- Up to 28 hours per week
- Telemedicine Benefit
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K plan available
- Gym/Fitness and Cell phone stipends; birthday and work anniversary gifts
- Get your ideal work setup: We believe that creating the right environment makes everyone more productive. We will reimburse up to $375 for equipment you need to do the best work of your life.
- Educational Incentives: We're all about growth & development and want to make sure you can do that in your role.
- Remote work with the ability to work flexible hours
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Reporting to the Editor
- We are remote friendly for all states except CA, IL, NV, NJ, OH, PA, and WA; we are only hiring US residents at this time
If you want this to be your future, please apply at this link: bengreenfieldlife.com/editorialassistant with your resume, a 2-3 minute video introducing us to you (what you bring to the role and what about BGL excites you), this linked writing assignment bengreenfieldlife.com/writingassignment, and a letter of interest on why you are the right fit for this role and the BGL team! Please only apply if you fit the requirements and responsibilities listed above. Only candidates who submit all items requested will be considered for this role.
All application materials must be received by: 11:59pm PST, Monday, March 13, 2023.
Thank you – we look forward to working with you!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives. The salary range listed describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.