Full-Time / Remote
ABOUT BEN GREENFIELD LIFE
Ben Greenfield Life is the number one podcast and blog for the world’s hard-charging, high-achievers to get all the information they need to live truly limitless lives with fully optimized minds, bodies and spirits.
The Editor position will play a lead role within our global media team, which is responsible for scheduling, creating and publishing all written content for Ben Greenfield Life (“BGL”). You will be a results-oriented person with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a broader team.
This role will schedule content; write and edit copy (including email), manage contract writers, blog contributors, and provide editorial guidelines to external contributors. In collaboration with the broader BGL team, planning, creating and editing written materials for release on the various BGL media channels. Some of the main duties include editing copy and improving on it, educating writers on best practices, identifying ways to improve the flow of materials, and advising writers on content pieces. Managing a content calendar and coordinating the various resources to deliver high quality content.
Ultimately, this role is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality and delivery schedule of BGL’s written materials.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with experience working in a fast-paced environment with the following abilities:
- 2-4 years of experience in writing and a Bachelor's degree in journalism or english
- Digital media experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal savvy and communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with project management
- Experience with content management systems
- Great attention to detail with an ability to understand brand voice
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with content management systems, Google Workspace, Asana, Active Campaign, WordPress, Slack
- Scientific, medial and/or health related writing experperice preferred
- Interest in health, fitness, spirituality, biohacking preferred
New Content Creation
- Review all articles for consistent voice and language
- Working closely within the content team and Marketing Director to schedule content, brainstorm ideas and monitor performance of content.
- Ensure FDA, FTC, and Copyright compliance
- Proofreading and links
- Providing editorial guidelines to blog contributors and managing their production (contract writers included)
- Manage pretty links, affiliate linking edits, replacements
- Write and edit written content (including email)
- Maintain a content calendar, together with the BGL content team.
- Editing new podcast show notes release
- Collaborate with BGL partnerships team on sponsored/dedicated content
- Communicate with podcast guests and coordinate article releases
- Write newsletters
- Promotional emails
- Short promotional copy for banners and ads
- Weekly Roundup post and newsletter
Scheduling and Posting
- Maintain schedule of emails, and newsletters in Asana
- Publish all articles and newsletters
- Ensure all SEO guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure proper use of UTMs
- Schedule all BGF website and email content
Editing Old Content
- Audit and roadmap for old content updates
- Correct legal issues (FDA/FTC/Copyright)
- Update CTAs
- Update SEO
- Update ebooks and lead magnets
- Systematically review and update old content based on new information, products, and strategy
- Upload and format posts in WordPress
- Fix reported broken links in posts
- Send emails to podcast guests informing them that the podcast is going live and that they should share on social channels
- Full-Time; Pay range is $50,000-75,000/year
- Remote; Monday-Friday schedule
- Full benefits available; Monthly phone and gym stipend
- Opportunity to grow professionally
If you want this to be your future, please send an email to: [email protected] with your resume, portfolio or writing samples, a 2-3 minute video introducing us to you (what you bring to the role and what about BGL excites you) and brief summary of why you are interested and the right fit for this role! Please only apply if you fit the requirements and responsibilities listed above. Only candidates who submit all items requested will be considered for this role.
Thank you – we look forward to working with you!