June 23, 2010
Do you like this post? Let us know with the Facebook like button above!
In this June 23, 2010 special 100th free audio episode: a trip down memory lane back to the first BenGreenfieldFitness.com podcast, how to make your kitchen healthier, calories in walking vs. running, how long it takes to burn off caffeine, how long it takes to build tolerance to caffeine, whether caffeine after a workout helps, is aloe vera a scam, how to determine how much salt is in your sweat, how to know if you're running hard enough, and how often should you train in hot weather?
Remember, if you have any trouble listening, downloading, or transferring to your mp3 player just e-mail [email protected]. And don't forget to leave the podcast a ranking in iTunes – it only takes 2 minutes of your time and helps grow our healthy community! Justclick here to go to our iTunes page and leave feedback.
Scroll down to donate anything over $15 to the show, and Ben will send you a BenGreenfieldFitness.com t-shirt…
1. FREE Video Webcast: “How to Use Fresh, Seasonal Ingredients to Create Fast, Nutritious Meals in 5 Simple Steps” . Do you love the idea of cooking with the freshest ingredients available, but think preparing a meal “from scratch” just takes too long? Are you intrigued by in season cooking or scared to buy new ingredients because you’re afraid you won’t succeed at cooking fresh? Do you feel guilty every time you open another packaged meal because you know in season cooking and cooking fresh leads to more healthy and nutritious cooking? Then you do NOT want to miss this FREE Video Webcast, where Chef Todd is going to show you EXACTLY how he overcomes these cooking obstacles to cooking fresh, quickly and easily EVERY night at home. This is the same thing he's taught thousands of others to do – and you’re going to learn it for free! Click here to register for the webcast now AND to get a free bonus gift from Chef Todd.
2. The Marathon Dominator officially launched on May 20 at midnight and is now LIVE! This is a complete program designed for the complete beginner who wants to ease themselves into a marathon, all the way up to the advanced marathoner interested in breaking their PR! Click here to learn more, and to find out about all the bonus items Ben Greenfield is including with the Marathon Dominator.
3. Ben Greenfield has joined The Quick & Dirty Tips Network at http://quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/exercise to produce a new feature called “The Get-Fit Guy”, which is the latest addition to the network's top ranked iTunes podcasts and free online advice column. Go subscribe in iTunes and leave a ranking!
4. BenGreenfieldFitness t-shirts are now available and you get one instantly when you donate more than $15 to the show. Just scroll down to donate.
5. Join Ben to race a double triathlon in Thailand (http://www.lagunaphukettri.com/)! Week 1: Laguna Phuket Triathlon; Week 2: Ironman 70.3 Thailand. Ben can still get you into the sold-out race AND organize your entire trip, but you must e-mail him at [email protected] within the next week.
In today's featured topic, you get to listen to the very first episode of BenGreenfieldFitness, in which Ben discusses the following:
1. Introduction: “What to Expect in The BenGreenfieldFitness.com Podcast”
2. Interview: Preview of Upcoming Interviews
3. Workout of the Week: Round & Round
4. Book Review: Run With No Pain
5. Nutrition: Healthy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream
6. Special Topic: Preview of the National Personal Training conference
-Topic websites mentioned in this episode-
Listener Q&A: All Call-In Questions This Week!
This week, I am giving away a free t-shirt to the person who ask the best question to @bengreenfield via twitter. Click here to ask your Twitter question now!
Listener Pat asks how to make her kitchen healthier.
Listener Daniel has a question about calories burnt in walking vs. running.
Listener Chuck has several questions about the role of caffeine in training, including whether can you build tolerance to caffeine, whether you should redose with caffeine during races, whether a small change in mg makes a difference, and should you take after a workout.
Listener Jeff has a call in question about supplements called “Light Force Nutrition Greens with MSM” and “Univera” aloe vera products.
In my response to Jeff, I mention the Enerprime capsules and powder.
Listener Patrick asks how to determine the amount of salt in sweat.
Listener Luke asks how to know if you are running hard enough during your races.
Listener Toby asks if there are any benefits to regularly training in hot weather.
Finally, listener Chris has some call-in feedback about the podcast!
Do you have a question for Ben? Just click Ask a Podcast Question at the bottom of this page and leave a voicemail, leave a Skype voicemail to username “pacificfit”, or e-mail [email protected].
Remember, if you have any trouble listening, downloading, or transferring to your mp3 player just e-mail [email protected] And don't forget to leave the podcast a ranking in iTunes – it only takes 2 minutes of your time and helps grow our healthy community! Justclick here to go to our iTunes page and leave feedback. Brand new – get insider VIP tips and discounts from Ben – conveniently delivered directly to your phone! Just complete the information below…
Scroll down to donate $15+ to the show, and Ben will send you a BenGreenfieldFitness.com t-shirt…