December 13, 2018
Dr. Matthew Cook of Bioreset Medical. is one of the smartest, most cutting-edge physicians I've ever met.
In one single dinner in San Francisco with him, I learned…
…how he's used the nootropic methylene blue to solve a difficult medical case…
…how he's upgrading stem cells to make them far more potent…
…how he's treating depression effectively in as little as 20 minutes with a special brew that includes ketamine, NAD and vitamin IVs (Dr. Cook is now even doing telemedicine “Ketamine Resets” – use code BENDEAL for a $250 discount)…
…how he's reversing musculoskeletal disorders using something called “hydrodissection”…
…and much, much more…
Dr. Cook founded BioReset Medical Corporation and as acting President, operates a Regenerative Medicine and Pain Medicine practice that offers leading-edge non-surgical solutions in orthopedic medicine, sports medicine, regenerative pain medicine, and stem cell medicine.
He is a board-certified anesthesiologist with over 20 years of experience in medical practice. Currently, Dr. Cook is President of California Anesthesia and Medical Director of the National Surgery Center, Los Gatos, CA.
In addition, he sits on the scientific advisory board of several high profile medical companies including BM DOC, FREMEDICA & VASPER SYSTEMS. Dr. Cook’s early career as an anesthesiologist and medical director of an outpatient surgery center that specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic procedures provided invaluable training in the skills that are needed to become a leader in the emerging fields of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound imaging, nerve hydrodissection, and stem cell medicine.
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-What Dr. Cook did with methylene blue and how he activated it with light…8:55
- Met an expert who used it to treat interstitial cystitis, a condition that causes very painful bladder that is difficult to treat.
- Administered via IV, then uses blue LED light over it.
- There's a microbiome in the bladder.
- Blue light causes methylene to absorb into the bladder.
- Dislocates infections from the wall of the bladder.
-Hydrodissection: What it is, and how it differs from prolotherapy…14:35
- Sticking a needle under direct vision via ultrasound into a tissue plain in-between two muscles.
- Operating in a fascial plain: arteries, veins, tendons.
- Previous procedures involving dissection would cause scarring, sometimes leaving patients in worse shape than when they started.
- Pressure of fluid separating the tissue plain reduces scarring.
- How is it different from prolotherapy:
- Prolotherapy treats ligamentous laxity (joints)
- Hydrodissection treats the nerves and arteries that go into the joints.
- Treatments are done in tandem.
- Combination of ultrasound and x-ray is called fusion.
- Dr. Cook used this therapy with the Washington Nationals baseball team.
-How to think of ground force going through the body…23:45
- You must have structural integrity in the nerves.
- As force (from punching a punching bag for example) moves through the body without structural integrity, you get torque leaking out.
- Puts stress, wear and tear on the joint.
- This “leakage” compounded over time causes permanent damage to joints, ligaments, etc.
- Focus of treatment is to relieve this stress, or leakage, and create high-quality movement to create structural integrity and prevent recurrence of the problem.
-Dr. Cook's approach to stem cells, and why…28:10
- Assess the patient, then tailor an appropriate treatment for the specific problem.
- Joints, spine, IV treatments
- Terms to know re: stem cells:
- Totipotent: capable of giving rise to any cell type or (of a blastomere) a complete embryo.
- Pluripotent: capable of giving rise to several different cell types.
- Multipotent: develop into more than one cell type, but are more limited than pluripotent cells.
- Autologous: obtained from the same individual
- Mesenchymal: An adult “professional” stem cell from a variety of ways.
- Here's a handy reference on stem cell terms.
- Whether adult stem cells can retain their healing properties without repairing tissue.
- No concrete answer yet.
- Differing approaches, regulatory apparatus is affecting the ability to answer
- V Cells (very small embryonic stem cells)
- Using umbilical cord blood and Wharton's jelly.
- You can donate placenta and umbilical cord blood.
- Wharton's jelly is the tissue that comes off the wall of the umbilical cord.
- Wharton's jelly, UC blood and amniotic fluid are blended together to make “matrix” of the placenta.
- Anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory
- “Nature gives us a lot of clues…”
- Not that many stem cells in the UC blood.
- PRP (platelet rich plasma)
- PRP lysate
-Why exosomes may be the most important treatment in the future…55:25
- Take stem cells and take to a lab, grow them in tissue culture; immortal cell line.
- Put stem cells on a ketogenic diet.
- Why do people still need to go overseas for treatment?
- “More than Minimum Manipulation”: a term created by the regulatory apparatus on stem cell therapy.
- Must be done in Mexico; can't make there and bring across the border.
- Culture expanded Stem Cell
- Culture expanded Natural Killer Cell Therapy
-Dr. Cook's unique approach to treating depression and managing pain…1:05:15
- Ketamine therapy
- Turns off a pathway in the brain; turns on receptors (think turning off and on your computer)
- Makes people feel emotionally safe; gives hope.
- Your mind leaves “breadcrumbs” of this feeling of hope; you remember it the next day, and the next…
- Creates a parasympathetic state
-And MUCH more…
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
Resources from this episode:
– Video at Bioreset Medical Clinic
-BioReset Medical Telemedicine “Ketamine Resets” (code BENDEAL for a $250 discount)
–JOOVV infrared light full body panel Use code: BEN for a free gift at checkout
–Vielight infrared light helmet Code: GREENFIELD will save you 10%
–My podcast with Dr. Harry Adelson on stem cells
–Kion Come check out the fabulous Christmas specials we're running starting Dec. 13, the day this podcast is released. I recommend the Daily Life Bundle, which is what I use every day as part of my routine.
–Onnit Engineered for peak performance, Onnit is the easiest way to get optimized. Use my link and get 10% off your order.
–Marc Pro We help you recover right and keep your body healthy, so you can do the things you love now without paying for it later. Use code: BEN at checkout and receive 5% off your order.
–WHOOP By wearing WHOOP 24/7, you'll unlock the secrets your body is trying to tell you. Get a $30 discount and join the WHOOP community when you use code: BEN at checkout.
31 thoughts on “Immortal Cells, Biohacking Pain, Killing Lyme, Stem Cell Confusion, How Ketamine Works & Much More With Dr. Matt Cook.”
Where can a Canadian buy the CMax peptide and the other transdermal one you were talking about for brain enhancement?
Are you freaking kidding me?! You want My thoughts on this?! They are not printable!!!!!!! These drugs and the blankety-blank blanks that make them & peddle them to an unsuspecting public have taught me how to curse! I have warned from day one [30 years ago] that they were trying to take us right back to the Psychedelic drugs like ketamine, it’s mother drug, PCP, LSD, etc.! This is the nail in the coffin for all of us! As soon as I get a minute I will put a post out on it….something I never thought I would need to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear I am packing my bags to get out of this country or off this planet! They have apparently created so much brain damage with the lousy food available for people and these antidepressant drugs so similar to PCP which produce so much brain damage that Society is actually falling for all this s*** that I thought no one would ever consider!
If the antidepressants (which work like dissociative anesthetics) were not the birth of the Zombie Apocalypse ketamine will be! From now on I want brain wave patterns for everyone I interact with so I know who is conscious & who is not!!!!!!
This is the funniest comment, oh no the sky is falling knao
Dr cook talks about the O shot for women and I’m wondering if this helps with issues after childbirth such as tears in the vaginal wall creating weakness and weakened pelvic floor. Also is there any link to different reputable clinics that provide these services if you don’t live in California. I’m from Michigan and would like to know of a place closer to me.
Really weird question (that probably no one can answer): What happens if you take Methylene Blue (which acts as an electron donor and acceptor (and generally enhances ATP synthesis) at the same time you take 2,4-Dinintrophenol (DNP) which decouples oxidative phosphorylation (which inhibits ATP synthesis)?
The methylene blue I’m directed to on Amazon shows many different kinds. How do I know which one to choose? Thank you!
I have never been able to find a pharmaceutical grade Methylene Blue for human consumption on Amazon. Stay away from non human grade because they have too many heavy metal impurities. Best bet is to find a compounding pharmacy to prepare some pharmaceutical grade methylene blue. Otherwise, you can buy one that is supposed to be human grade on bluebrainboost.com. But I wouldn’t guarantee their purity either…
If you find out please let me know.
I have late stage Lyme disease and three infections one in my brain and terrible unbearable pain though my whole body. I can’t take this pain anymore
Ben Dr Cook is really top notch.
Much of what he does parallels what I do with horses.
Not in terms if injecting growth and modulatory matrices, .rather in terms of new/old osteopathic manipulation.
Our hands can and do affect tissues pricesses anywherw in the body with precision.
So we turn off a problem area and allow it to reboot and often is restores the default program.
What is the name of the clinic in Mexico he mentioned on the podcast and where is it?
I am wondering this too. Ben, do you know the name of the hospital in Mexico that Dr Cook works with?
When will part 2 be released?
I was wondering the same thing. It’s been over a year and I can’t find the part 2 anywhere…
Great podcast exciting stuff, thanks!
What do you feel is the best type of stem cell therapy is to aid in Tbi/concussion recovery? Have you seen any healing with stem cells in brain injuries? If so what is the best modality?
Dr. Cook explained that it's really best to judge on a case by case basis… I'd recommend reaching out to BioReset Medical for questions on specific treatments/injuries: https://www.bioresetmedical.com/dr-matthew-cook/ … There is very exciting research coming out about stem cells and tbi, but is relatively in its infancy. You can check out a bunch of stuff at PubMed
hyperbaric chamber is great for concussions!
I am lucky enough to live near Dr. Cook’s practice. I went to see him to help with a persistent Achilles Tendon issue & he performed the hydrodissection treatment & it was successful in healing my Achilles. I have not had time to resume running due to excessive amounts of overtime at work, but the pain is gone & I consider the treatment a success. He is on to something & he is definitely someone to watch.
can you let us know where the ketamine video is?
It's on my FB account: https://www.facebook.com/BGFitness/videos/3335239…
I’m curious how expensive the Ketamine treatment is.
In my area 450-600$ per treatment and most of the doctors doing it require you to do 4 treatments for “full effect”. It would be nice if some of these really great therapies that help people, especially with depression and anxiety, were more affordable. It seems unfair that only those with deep pockets can get them. The NAD IV therapy is the same. 1600-2400$ for a package (you have to get the package)
BEN! I don’t know how long you’ve had the new intro but I love it!
So a combo you mention in the beginning is something I already do… Because of this study (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006295213007417) I’ve been combining MB, 810nm light, and ketones for quite a while now. It is a potent and underrated mitochondrial enhancement protocol.
I really wish I owned the vielight NIR because it would be a lot more convenient than holding than holding multiple cheap NIR security LEDs to my head :'(. But anyways you should definitely experiment with this.
However, I wouldn’t combine it with the JOOV because I believe that product falls under the red wavelength spectrum and MB + red light produces singlet oxygen. It is definitely synergistic with the NIR light though (~810nm).
There are also other supplements that work very well with these!
I look forward to hearing your results and anything further you discover.
Is ketamine therapy expensive?
It costs 3000 $ per shot. Plus consultation: 800 $
I’m currently recovering from a microdiscectomy of L5S1 after loss of feeling in my 4th and 5th toes and some loss of motor function of my leg. In relation to all of the mentioned therapies in this podcast, are you aware of any supportive data or current ongoing research to help with lumbar disc herniations? Thanks for a fascinating discussion, I am already looking forward to part 2!
Do you think that stem cells could help regrow teeth? It seems to help with other things. I’ve been wondering why there are all these kinds of modalities and biohacks that can seem to fix different body parts and organs, but why nothing seems to help regrow teeth? It seems to be the only thing in your body that won’t regrow!
Indeed, interesting question, I would also like to know that
I don’t see the ketamine video posted here or on Facebook. Maybe I missed it? Can you please post a link or direct me to video. I’m very curious about the ketamine treatment.
Can you post the link to the NK cancer trials?