December 22, 2018
Jordan Harbinger is back!
In my first podcast episode with Jordan we talked about:
-What kind of body language mistakes that fit people with nice bodies make which hold them back socially…
-How to reprogram your brain to actually like and appreciate things like kale smoothies and ginger juice…
-A simple eye trick to get you to “fake it until you make it” with extreme social confidence…
-Why bars and clubs are not necessarily the places to go to to enhance your social intelligence and ability to build relationships…
-How I went from eating fast food, being ultra-shy and reading fantasy novels to being named as one of the world's top 100 most influential people in health and fitness…
Jordan has always had an affinity for Social Influence, Interpersonal Dynamics and Social Engineering, helping private companies test the security of their communications systems and working with law enforcement agencies before he was even old enough to drive.
He has spent several years abroad in Europe and the developing world, including South America, Eastern Europe and the Middle East, and speaks several languages. He has also worked for various governments and NGOs overseas, traveled through war-zones and been kidnapped -twice. He’ll tell you – the only reason he’s still alive and kicking is because of his ability to talk his way into (and out of), just about any type of situation.
On his podcast, he gets deep into the untapped wisdom of the world's top performers — from legendary musicians to intelligence operatives, iconoclastic writers to visionary change-makers, deconstructing the playbooks of the most successful people on earth.
Among the many things Jordan and I discussed here in Round 2:
-Various drug-related topics…2:42
- Hefty CBD doses enhance deep sleep
- Throw THC into the mix, sleep latency drops
- Does it affect your health negatively during the day?
- You are rested, just a little bit groggy.
- Ultimate coffee mix to turn on the brain during the day
- Put in Four Sigmatic Lions Mane extract
- Trace amount of Psilocybin
- Jordan's adverse reaction to taking Modafinil and the reasons I use it
- Erectile dysfunction vs. brain dysfunction
- Jordan set the record on the Kegel Camp App
-About Robert Greene and his book, The Laws of Human Nature…24:40
- Non-verbal communication
- Appearance is more important than words for first impressions
- Much of what we believe is either flawed or just wrong
- Jordan called out a former spy because of his NV communication
- Codified a system of personality archetypes geared toward high performers
- Why do Athletes and high achievers come across as intimidating?
- Shame for their own inactivity
- The more we look at someone and think they're relatable to us, the more any change in them makes us more uncomfortable or resentful
- Rather than congratulate them, people find excuses why achievers are snobby, arrogant, etc.
- People don't like their shortcomings highlighted
-Non-verbal communication techniques Jordan teaches to be better received if you're an athlete or high achiever…43:40
- Hidden anxiety regarding sense of self
- Motivations change as you progress through life;
- Comparison can be efficacious to your self-development and also very unhealthy
- High achievers shirk others because they don't provide any motivation
- Soon you realize you have no close friends, it's affecting your emotional health.
- How to behave when you're “that guy” to allow others to be more comfortable around you.
- Make yourself more relatable
- Smile more; loosen the jaw
-Recreating “authentic” body language, even if it feels inauthentic…57:30
- What we think is “authentic” is often us manipulating our body language to give off a desired vibe.
-Jordan's observations on an annoying body language quirk that I have…1:03:40
-And much more!
Resources from this episode:
-The Kegel Camp app
-Ben's article on The Private Gym
-Book: The Laws Of Human Nature
–Birdwell Beach Britches “Quality is our Gimmick” isn’t just our slogan, it’s a commitment we honor with every stitch we sew. Use discount code “ben” at check out and get 10% off your order + free shipping on orders over $99.