In this July 23, 2009 free audio episode, I cover the following topics: an amazing expose on the dangers of genetically modified foods, double-bonded protein, running with low back pain, an update on the Shape21 Fat Loss Challenge and ProstElan for cyclists.
Listen to this episode for an explosive exposé by Jeffrey M. Smith, who documents significant health dangers of genetically modified (GM) foods and the intense industry influence and political corruption that allow them on the market. His book, Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies About the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating has been hailed as the best book on the topic, and many believe that the revelations in this book can topple an industry. In the talk, he documents how the world’s most powerful Ag biotech companies bluff and mislead critics, and put the health of society at risk. Smith describes how biotech companies rigged research, hid health dangers and pressured government regulators to approve food that even FDA scientists said was unsafe!
Listener Paul asks: “I have a question about Mt. Capra's new double bonded protein. I'm looking to lean up and put on some muscle. A lot of the other protein powders I checked into use some kind of acid treatment and higher heat which I've been told makes the protein dead. How is double bonded protein processed and how much heat is used?”
Listener Janet asks: “Is it ok to run with some lower back pain? What things should I be considering before going ahead? Any help would be appreciated. I am very grateful for your help.” In my response to Janet, I reference the website http://www.runwithnopain.com.
Do you have a question? Remember, you can now ask your questions via *audio* to me via the free Skype software by simply “Skyping” me at username “pacificfit“. You can also call toll free to 1-877-209-9439 and leave a voicemail for Ben Greenfield.
“You're going to hear me mention this in my show for the next couple months: We're taking a survey of our listeners, and we'd like you to participate. It will help us learn more about you – no matter how long you've been a listener or how frequently you listen to this show. So please take a few minutes and click below. You can complete the survey anonymously. Thanks!”
Also mentioned in this podcast…Special Announcements:
1. Vote for Ben Greenfield as the best cycling tip on twitter! http://www.mindsettriathlon.com/mst_tweetcontest.php
2. The Shape21 Lean Body Challenge ended today, and the results are rolling in! Check out the photos below, then surf on over to http://www.shape21.com to get your brand new copy of Ben Greenfield's Shape21 Book/DVD package (the same book the woman below used to lose 25 pounds in 63 days and still feel fantastic) mailed to your front doorstep, along with the opportunity to win 1 full year of online personal training and nutrition guidance from Ben!
3. For those of you in the Spokane, WA area, on Thursday evening, July 30 from 6pm-8pm, Fresh Abundance is launching a Lecture series called “Take Charge of Your Health”. The first lecture focuses on The Biology of Dairy, Soy Milk & Dairy Alternatives and will cover the following topics:
– History of dairy
– Pasteurized milk
– Raw milk
– Goat milk
– Powdered milk
– Dairy cows
– Hormones & antibiotics
– Dairy feed then and now
– Kefir Grains
– Soy milk, rice milk, nut milk
– Vitamin D
This lecture is about the facts. This is a non-judgmental lecture with the goal of giving you real answers so you can make real decisions about your health. This lecture is open to the public for $25 per person or at a
reduced rate of $20 for current Fresh Abundance members who pre-register. Call Fresh Abundance at (509) 533-272 to register.
4. Gotten excited by the Tour De France and cycling season? If you are a male cyclist, you need to watch the video below about ProstElan.
That’s all for this week. Be sure to leave our podcast a rating in iTunes! Just click here to go to our iTunes page and leave feedback! Finally, remember all the time put into producing this podcast for you, and consider donating to our show (we’ll throw in a free T-shirt)!