January 10, 2020
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– New Book On Fasting (I Wrote The Foreword!)
My friend and brilliant fasting expert, Dr. Dan Pompa just put the finishing touches on his book Beyond Fasting, and it is well worth a read. It's a truly comprehensive guide to fasting that focuses on enhancing longevity by stem cell activation of certain fasting techniques. It has a protocol that prepares you for the fast by getting your cells to use their own stored fat as energy (fat-adaptation). By going into the fast fat-adapted you will go “Beyond Fasting” because results start day one of the fast. This program will help to equip the body with the tools to heal and create new stem cells from day one of the fast, which generally doesn't happen until day four or five. Very, very cool approach to fasting, and I highly recommend the book. Get it here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles I Published This Week:
– My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: How To Wrap Yourself Up Like A Nice, Warm Sausage In A Sauna :::
Higher Dose Infrared Sauna Blankets: Perfect for traveling or at-home use, these infrared sauna blankets detoxify the body, deliver fresh nutrients to muscles and boost metabolic rate—so you burn calories like you’re working out, without working out. As you relax into the soothing, yet stimulating heat, infrared also triggers your brain’s happiness chemicals.
A healthy, rejuvenating experience that leaves you feeling euphoric. And yes, unlike most saunas and heating blankets, they're very low in EMF radiation. Other features:
- Healing amethyst deepens benefits of infrared
- Tourmaline layer generates negative ions
- Charcoal layer to amplify detoxification process
- Medical grade magnetic strip for improved blood circulation
- Premium non-toxic interior and exterior fabrics
Designed in part by Dr. Raleigh Duncan, Founder of Clearlight Saunas. You can save 15% on one here, just use code: BEN.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– January 16: Boundless Launch Party – New York, NY. Biohack the World Boundless Book Tour. Join me and the world’s foremost biohackers in this intentional, socially-conscious incubator space for an interactive storytelling session and Q&A to discover what’s on the cutting edge of anti-aging, nutritional and exercise science. RSVP here.
– January 29: Boundless Launch Party – Century City, CA. Save the date, and stay tuned for more details!
– January 30: Boundless Book Signing at Metabolic Health Summit – Los Angeles, CA. Discover the latest science on the ketogenic diet and metabolic therapies from the world's most progressive physicians, researchers, and thought leaders. Learn the latest research, hear inspirational real-world stories of success, enjoy incredible networking opportunities, and discover the most innovative food and technology brands on the market. Get your tickets here, and use code: BENMHS15 to save 15%.
– January 31: Boundless Launch Party – Santa Monica, CA. Save the date, and stay tuned for more details!
– April 24 – 26: Paleo f(x) – Austin, TX. Join me and dozens of health and fitness experts to discover the latest breakthroughs in epigenetics, biohacking, Keto, AIP, nootropics, blood testing, strength conditioning, sleep, stress and much more. Try out delicious new foods, discover new workouts, and even try new gadgets in the biohacking lab. Register here.
Featured Product: Kion Aminos
Whether you’re looking to…
- stimulate faster muscle growth,
- recover more rapidly from exercise,
- become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout,
…or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids have you covered.*
Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs—and fast.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
The mysterious nerve network that quiets pain and stress — and may defeat disease: https://t.co/B20vYwPTDQ
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) January 5, 2020
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
I swear by this shit and hit the chiro once a week for my reboot. I think some chiro gets a bad rap because there’s a lot of woo woo stuff out there … but a good manual adjustment by somebody who really knows their joints just makes me feelright as rain. Who else gets chiro?
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Saturday, January 4, 2020
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!