October 16, 2020
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
Book On Unique Approach To Children's Education That I'm Enjoying
It's no secret that I unschool my twin boys, a concept you can learn more about in this podcast. So, I'm on a constant quest to discover new educational approaches and successful schools that do a good job fostering resilient, independent, free thinkers. I recently discovered the Acton Academy, a unique school based out of Austin, Texas, but with a presence across much of the United States. Wanting to learn more about their educational approach, I read the book Courage to Grow: How Acton Academy Turns Learning Upside Down.
The school model is very interesting. It includes:
- Socratic questions to hone deep thinking; peer teaching; apprenticeships for real-world learning; and state-of-the-art online learning for mastering the basics of reading, grammar, and math.
- An ultimate goal to learn how to learn, learn how to do, and learn how to be, so that each person who enters their doors will find a calling and change the world.
- Creating a fictional moral dilemma based on a real situation—which is exactly what the Socratic method aims to do: force hard choices, change minds based on analysis of information, and instill the skill of careful listening and concise, purposeful communicating.
- A minimally invasive education approach in which students themselves become teachers and seekers of knowledge and wisdom.
In summary, it's a great book about education and parenting that—especially in a time where it is readily apparent that the traditional school method is an absolute failure—is a very wonderful and timely read. You can get it here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
This episode was brought to you by Kion Decaf Coffee (code BEN10), JOOVV (Order your Joovv today and receive my brand new book, Boundless as a free gift!), Lucy Nicotine Gum (code BEN20), and Beekeeper's Naturals (code BEN).
Ben Greenfield's VIP Text Club: To receive exclusive texts from Ben Greenfield, text the word “FITNESS” to 411247 (within the U.S. only).
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Article I Was Featured In This Week:
Suffolk man shares how light therapy changed his life
::: Get An Exclusive Discount On Joovv, The Only Red Light Therapy Device I Use :::
About 3 years ago, I discovered a game-changer for my daily routine: light, specifically red light. One of the most effective health modalities you can use in your home, I use red light almost every day, and it’s worked wonders for my energy, fitness, and sleep.
And anyone who’s familiar with red light therapy knows that Joovv is the leading brand. Pioneers in red light technology, the good folks at Joovv were the first to isolate red and near-infrared light—making it accessible and affordable for in-home use. Since then, Joovv has remained the most innovative, forward-thinking light therapy brand.
Joovv just launched its next generation of devices, and they’ve made huge upgrades to what were already the best red light therapy devices on the market. Their new devices are sleeker and up to 25% lighter—all with the same power we’ve come to expect from them. They’ve also…
- Intensified their coverage area, so you can stand as much as 3 times further away from the device and still get the recommended dosage.
- Upgraded the setup with quick, easy mounting options, so your new Joovv can fit just about any space.
- Added some really cool new features like Recovery+ Mode, which utilizes pulsing technology to give your cells an extra boost to recovery from a tough workout with rejuvenating near-infrared light.
Even more impressive, if you want to use your Joovv at night to wind down from the day, Joovv's all-new ambient mode is perfect for a calming, lower intensity of light at night.
For a limited time, Joovv wants to hook you up with an exclusive pre-order discount. Just click here and enter code BEN to your qualifying order. Exclusions apply, and this offer is available for a limited time only.
::: Optimize Your Nervous System & Supercharge Your Life! :::
Your mind, body, and spirit all work together, and when one suffers, the others do too.
In this free expert-packed online summit I'm honored to be a part of, you will learn evidence-based and cutting-edge methods to optimize your nervous system (the secret key to your best health) with simple and effective physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual hacks, for adults and kids alike!
You’ll learn how to optimize your biology, from your thoughts down to the cellular level so you can finally get great sleep, easily manage stress, have better sex, be a better parent, lose weight, fight illnesses, and beyond!
The free Bio-Optimize Summit starts October 24th, 2020 at 9:00 AM Eastern, so click here to reserve your spot now.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness, and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
Featured Product: Kion Immunity Bundle
In addition to eating healthy foods, getting plenty of restorative sleep, and de-stressing, proven immune-supporting supplements such as colostrum, vitamin C, zinc, and oregano oil can give your immune system the extra boost it needs to get you through the upcoming cold and flu season unscathed.
- Colostrum's effect on immunity is especially profound as research shows it fortifies your body with a tiny army of defenders, including vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antibodies, and immune factors to not only support your immune system, but also the health of your gut lining.
- Vitamin C has been shown to improve general immune cell activity, facilitate the production of immune cells, and help those cells function more effectively by protecting them from harmful molecules and oxidative stress.
- Zinc plays a central role in immune cell formation and function, and a zinc deficiency can lead to impaired immune system function.
- Oregano Oil has been used for thousands of years as a natural health solution. Its potent antioxidants and phenols can support your body’s natural defenses and restore balance to your gut microbiome.
Kion just made it easier than ever to get all of the amazing, immune-supporting solutions mentioned above in one convenient bundle, and for a limited time, you can save 10% on the Kion Immunity Bundle by clicking here.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Ireland's Supreme Court has ruled that bread sold by the fast food chain Subway contains so much sugar that it cannot be legally defined as bread: https://t.co/JNjdrQTB6n (oh and Subway chicken isn’t meat: https://t.co/6Mw6ZnY94a)
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) October 11, 2020
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
One book that's been repeatedly recommended to me is an inspirational tale of someone who did a wonderful job spreading…
Leave your comments and any news or discoveries that you think I missed below!