October 30, 2020
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
Amazing New Organ Meats Cookbook
Having an open mind and an adventurous spirit can take you to wonderful places you’d never experience otherwise – in this case, making organ meats (the most nutritious part of any animal) mouth-watering..
From health and nutrition writer, podcast host, and self-proclaimed health nerd Ashleigh VanHouten is a new entertaining and user-friendly guide to enjoying some of these more adventurous parts of the animal, as well as understanding the value of whole-animal cooking. The book has 75 delicious and uncomplicated recipes sourced from an enthusiastic advocate of nose-to-tail, ancestrally inspired eating who does not have a background in cooking or organ meats – but definitely cracked the code in this book.
The book is titled: It Takes Guts: A Meat-Eater's Guide to Eating Offal with over 75 Healthy and Delicious Nose-to-Tail Recipes – and it is more than just a cookbook: It’s about education and understanding that the way we eat is important. Our choices matter, and we should seek to know why a particular food is beneficial for us, the ecosystem, and the animals, and how our food choices fit into the larger food industry and community in which we are a part. Through interviews with experts, more than a few hilarious and thoughtful anecdotes, and of course, delicious recipes, the book teaches the cultural, environmental, and health benefits of adding a little “variety meat” to your diet.
In It Takes Guts, a few of my favorite recipes include:
- Sweet potato bone broth smoothie bowl
- Scrambled brains (yes brains!) and eggs
- Almond butter, raspberry, and heart pemmican
- Stuffed buffalo heart
- Sauteed sweetbreads and fig salad
- Maca gelatin marshmallows (yep, tons of desserts in this book too!)
- Greenfield family tongue taco night (What can I say, I'm biased…and yes, our family did indeed contribute recipes to the book!)
And the book also includes:
- An entertaining introduction into the “offal” world of organ meats, and why it’s more delicious (and less scary) than you may think.
- A breakdown of the healthiest and tastiest organ meats, from heart, liver, and kidney to tongue, bone marrow, and blood.
- An interview with a butcher on how to source the best organ meats, including what to look for and ask about.
- Plenty of background and personal anecdotes about specific recipes: where they come from, why they’re special, and why you should add them to your meal plan.
Anyways, it's a great addition to any kitchen. You can get It Takes Guts on Amazon here.
Cool New Way To Get Sound Therapy
A few weeks ago, I got a bunch of folks “drooling” when I showed them on Instagram how I converted a massage table into a “sound therapy healing” table via the use of a new technology made by Biomat called a “BioAcoustic” mat. Imagine being able to not only hear, but also feel music. Vibroacoustic therapy goes beyond what sound therapy can do for your brain and provides deep cellular stimulation to your skin, muscles, and joints. By providing a full-body “sound massage,” this therapy can stimulate circulation to bring increased oxygen, red blood cells, and white blood cells to your tissues, allowing your body to speed up its own healing process.
While this technology has made a comeback in recent years, vibroacoustic therapy isn't exactly new. Going as far back as the ancient Egyptians, Pythagoras, and Aborigine tribes, humans have long used music and sound in medicine both to relax the mind and body to soothe emotional and physical pain. Deep vibrations of sound were believed to treat afflictions from damaged muscles and bones to bringing greater peace of mind to the mentally ill. Whether it was the didgeridoo of the Aborigine tribe, the flutes and lyres prescribed as healing instruments by Pythagoras, the reverberant chambers of Greek temples, or the sistrum of the Egyptians, sound has been used therapeutically for millennia.
See, your body is made up of over 70% water, which makes it an excellent conductor of vibration. Vibroacoustic therapy via a mat like the one I'm now using sends vibrations through your body to deliver a deep cellular massage that soothes and relaxes your body. The BioAcoustic Mat I use pumps 12 therapeutic tracks created in the Delta, Alpha, Beta, or Gamma wavelengths out of three specifically designed speakers: One powerful, low frequency (30 – 68 Hz) transducer delivers a deep acoustic cellular massage into large muscles, and two smaller speakers that play higher frequencies (52 – 88 Hz) to target small muscles. This sound then stimulates nerves in your spine, deep tissue, and limbic systems, and affects brain activity to drive an emotional response of well-being. This synchrony of music and emotional state activates the auditory nerves that connect to all of your muscle tissue, helping to induce relaxation on a physiological level.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
This episode was brought to you by Kion Immunity Bundle (Take 10% off your order when you visit the Kion website today), Butcher Box, Four Sigmatic (code BENGREENFIELD), and Beekeeper's Naturals (code BEN).
Ben Greenfield's VIP Text Club: To receive exclusive texts from Ben Greenfield, text the word “FITNESS” to 411247 (within the U.S. only).
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save $300 On Cleaner Air For Your Home & Family :::
Let's face it, we're all spending a heckuva lot more time indoors these days, and when (according to the EPA) the air inside our homes can be up to 500 times more polluted than the air outside, you can see why investing in a good air purifier is important. Personally, I use an AirDoctor, which…
- Is 100X more effective than ordinary HEPA air purifiers, capturing 100% of airborne particles at .003 microns in size.
- Removes dangerous ozone, gas, and volatile organic compounds (VOC) like formaldehyde.
- Uses a 100% Sealed System to ensure all the air you breathe is pure and filtered.
- Automatically assesses the air quality in the room and immediately adjusts to the correct level of filtration.
- Is 30% quieter than the fans found in ordinary air purifiers.
AirDoctor is the first affordable air purifier that not only removes virtually 100% of particles, but also the vast majority of toxic ozone, volatile organic chemicals, and gases. Get yours here and save $300 when you use my link.
::: Live Today! Check Out My Healthy Couples Summit Interview For Free :::
The Healthy Couple Summit, a FREE virtual event is happening now. Featuring yours truly, my wife Jessa, and a handful of experts in various fields, this event will provide you with all the tools you need to foster a healthy lifestyle that brings you and your partner together.
During this free event, you’ll learn how to…
- Improve your energy, focus, mood, sex life, and overall relationship.
- Reduce physical stress and optimize your mind and body naturally.
- Tap into the proven communications strategies for decreasing conflict in your relationship
- Get closer to your partner. With a healthy, unburdened body, you can finally start enjoying a more passionate, healthy, and stress-free relationship.
- And much more!
By working together with your romantic partner, you can improve your chances of success on your health journey and your relationship at the same time. Click here to learn more about this amazing free event.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness, and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
Save Up To 25% During Kion's Halloween Sale
Speaking of Halloween, want to know what's scary?
Getting sick because of a weak immune system. So don't wait to fortify your immune system with Kion's Immunity Bundle, which includes colostrum, vitamin C, zinc, and oregano oil.
- Colostrum's effect on immunity is especially profound as research shows it fortifies your body with a tiny army of defenders, including vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antibodies, and immune factors to support immunity
- Vitamin C has been shown to improve general immune cell activity, facilitate the production of immune cells, and help those cells function more effectively.
- Zinc plays a central role in immune cell formation and function.
- Oregano Oil contains potent antioxidants and phenols that support your body’s natural defenses and restore balance to your gut microbiome.
Again, for a limited time, you can save big on the Kion Immunity Bundle (or just about anything else on GetKion.com) by clicking here and entering code HALLOWEEN at checkout.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Cold water swimming may protect the brain from degenerative diseases like dementia, researchers from Cambridge University have discovered: https://t.co/5Xu26fyi04
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) October 26, 2020
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Leave your comments and any news or discoveries that you think I missed below!