February 14, 2020
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– The New (Free) Country Music Album I Recorded
Dr. Matthew Cook (a super popular former podcast of mine) and I first met in 2018 and realized that in addition to our mutual love for health, wellness, medicine, biohacking and beyond, we shared a secret additional passion: country music. Both originating from the Rocky Mountain States (me Idaho and him Montana), we found ourselves merrily singing the likes of Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, and other old-school country favorites in between our nerdy chats about body and brain optimization. By the end of 2019, we decided to join forces and begin to fuel our passion by producing music to thrill and delight our patients, clients, friends, and family – and now you too can savor the audio experience that occurs when two guys with roots from the Rockies unite to make sweet, sweet country candy for your ears. Just visit RockyRootsMusic.com to download the tracks we made for your listening pleasure. Enjoy!
– The New Gum I'm Chewing
Yep I'm a gum fiend. Chew gum all day long to assist with appetite cravings, metabolism, jaw strength, vagus nerve activation and plenty more. In addition to my favorites: Slique gum (for metabolism and weight loss and carb cravings) and Lucy (nicotine) gum (use code BEN20 to save 20%), I just discovered “Mighty Gum,” a new, tasty 100% natural and artificial sweetener free blend that contains adaptogens, botanicals, and vitamins that support the body’s natural ability to protect itself. It contains:
- Ashwagandha: Helps your body manage stress and anxiety
- Astragalus: Builds and balances the immune system
- Elderberry: Fights inflammation and infection
- Reishi Mushroom: Activates the immune response
This stuff comes in a mouth-watering berry flavor that I absolutely have been digging and chewing a ton of, and you can get it here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
This episode was brought to you by Kion Recovery Bundle (code BEN10), Organifi Gold (code BENG20), Gluten Guardian (code GREENFIELD), and Clearlight Saunas (BENGREENFIELD to get $500 off your sauna and a free bonus gift!).
Articles I Published This Week:
– My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Four Sigmatic Is Having A Winter Sale :::
Save up to a whopping 50% on your favorite ‘shrooms until February 16! From Lion’s Mane for cognition to Cordyceps Elixer for a pre-workout, Four Sigmatic has got you covered. And if you want the full circle mushroom experience, use Reishi to wind down and relieve stress.
Save up to 50% on your favorite Four Sigmatic products PLUS receive an additional 15% when you use discount code: BENGREENFIELD
What are you waiting for? Just click here to take advantage of this limited time offer. Sale goes from Tuesday, February 11th – Sunday, February 16th, 2020.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– February 15 – March 15: Hydration Solution Summit – Online. Join me and my dad Gary Greenfield to learn more about structured hydration (Our talk is March 7) The Hydration Solution Summit is FREE and online because water is a basic human right and everyone should have access to it. Get started here
– February 18: Supplements Revealed – Online. Learn everything you need to know about supplements from myself and other leading experts in health and nutrition like Steven Gundry, Jayson & Mira Calton, Tyler Lebaron, and Dr. Terry Wahls. Register for free here
– Feb 20 – 23 Bangalore, Feb 24 – 25 New Delhi, Feb 26 – 28 Mumbai. Media tour of India! Visit the calendar for details
– April 4 -6: Wild Health Summit – Versailles, KY. Take a journey into the world of genomics-based personalized medicine. Learn what it takes to better manage patients using a personalized approach. Using genomics and individual markers, we are able to optimize health, battle chronic diseases, and increase life expectancy in a remarkable way. Come learn how to integrate these methods into your practice to move away from using medicine as a band-aid and instead using medicine to cure. Register here
– April 24 – 26: Paleo f(x) – Austin, TX. Join me and dozens of health and fitness experts to discover the latest breakthroughs in epigenetics, biohacking, Keto, AIP, nootropics, blood testing, strength conditioning, sleep, stress and much more. Try out delicious new foods, discover new workouts, and even try new gadgets in the biohacking lab. Register here.
Featured Product: Kion Bar
One of my favorite things to grab when I'm traveling, running out the door for a long hike or adventure, or when I'm just hankerin' for a delicious chocolatey snack, is the Kion Bar.
This bar is something I formulated specifically for active individuals who need a clean, real-food source of energy on the go. It's hypoallergenic and guilt-free, and jam-packed with a unique blend of ingredients that support energy without excess carbohydrates or artificial ingredients. Chia seeds, almonds, coconut, and cacao nibs also give it an amazing crunch and texture that's much more satisfying to eat than the gooey mash that makes up your average energy bar.
And if you're looking for a more “indulgent” way to eat these things, try them with a piping hot cup of coffee—or my favorite—crumbled on top of some Oatmeal Cookie Halo Top ice cream. Bon appetit!
Check out the Kion Bar, and use code: BEN10 for 10% off.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
People are 25 percent happier if they keep gratitude journals, sleep one-half hour more per evening, and exercise 33 percent more each week compared to persons who are not keeping these journals. https://t.co/yJIgXZJrWI
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) February 9, 2020
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Takeaway from Metabolic Health Summit via Marcus Gon's presentation… When glucose levels are high, insulin and…
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!