February 5, 2021
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
A New Frontier of Anti-Aging Biomarker Testing
I recently underwent a test I’d never heard of before but now find absolutely fascinating. This is information related to your cellular health and longevity that flies under the radar, and that not many people in health or medicine know about or are talking about yet. It’s called a ProdromeScan. Here are my results, and a bit below is an incredibly interesting video overview.
But first, what is the ProdromeScan measuring, exactly?
Basically, this is a biochemical test designed to evaluate both the functional/operational status of key biochemical systems and the circulating levels of the biochemicals made by these systems. Maintaining reserve operational capacity and reserve levels of these key biochemicals are prerequisites to achieving and maintaining optimal performance and to prevent aggressive physical activity from depleting and creating long-term negative health consequences. ProdromeScan measures and organizes these key systems into one integrated report. For example:
- Did you know that the neuron system that controls your muscles at the neuromuscular junction is the same neuron system that fails in the brain of persons with Alzheimer’s disease? This neuron system is called the cholinergic neuron system. The cholinergic neuron system has several unique and critical biochemical requirements.
- Did you know that the creatine your body makes to maintain your muscles requires a high functioning methyltransferase system and that when this system gets overloaded it can create high homocysteine levels?
- Did you know that certain exercises, such as weight lifting, create a different kind of oxidative stress than that caused by aerobic training and that this oxidative stress stimulates a healthy biochemical compensation response, but that the excessive stimulation can burn out this healthy reaction if your body does not have the right nutrients to sustain your recovery?
- Did you know that a little bit of inflammation is a good thing but that too much is a bad thing? The neurons that control your movements are protected by an important myelin sheath and this sheath can be damaged with inflammation.
The ProdromeScan test measures all of this (and a whole lot more) via measurement of tiny molecules called plasmalogens, which other blood tests do not evaluate at all. You can learn more about plasmalogens in this explanation by the Founder and CEO of Prodrome Sciences.
Below is a video walkthrough of my own results:
Anyways, if you want to try this advanced anti-aging panel for yourself, you can get a kit sent to your home with code BEN15, which saves you 15%, at ProdromeSciences.com. Simply type BEN15 into the landing page after you visit ProdromeSciences.com.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
This episode was brought to you by Kion Immune (code BEN10), Paleovalley Organ Complex (Receive a 15% discount on your order when you use my link), Ra Optics (Receive 10% off your order when you order through our link), and Butcher Box.
Ben Greenfield's VIP Text Club: To receive exclusive texts from Ben Greenfield, text the word “FITNESS” to 411247 (within the U.S. only).
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Get The “Feel-Good” Buzz Of Alcohol… Without Alcohol :::
In a recent Weekly Roundup, I introduced you to a delicious “alcohol alternative” recipe that gives you all the “feel-good” buzz of alcohol, minus the alcohol.
The secret ingredient in that recipe was Kin Euphorics “High Rhode,” a mixture of nootropics, adaptogens, and botanicals designed to give you similar effects as alcohol, without the toxins.
Kin Euphorics makes functional adaptogenic and nootropic beverages that will boost your brainpower and replace your nightly glass of alcohol with a far healthier alternative.
You can create some seriously delicious, guilt-free beverages with this stuff. Or, for a done-for-you version, check out their Aperol spritz alternative drinks, appropriately named “Kin Spritz“…
- Made with refreshing citrus, hibiscus, and a kick of ginger…
- Packed with a stack of nourishing adaptogens and nootropics (GABA, caffeine, 5-HTP, citicoline, and tyrosine to support neurotransmitters in charge of mood, pleasure, and reward for a boost of social stamina.)
Check Out Kion's New Look!
It's finally here!! The Kion rebrand is officially LIVE.
Kion, an original passion project of mine to support you to live your most joyful, active life with pure, energy-enhancing supplements and functional foods, has blown up and exceeded my wildest dreams.
This rebrand has been a hard secret to keep! The Kion team has been working tirelessly behind the scenes to bring this to life.
And I've gotta say, I've never seen a supplement company look this cool—while also still being incredibly high-quality, with research-backed formulations, and the cleanest ingredients available to science and nature.
If you've been using our products for years, don't worry, they're the same quality formulas you know and love. We just look a little cooler now.
You can learn more about the rebrand here, including what's changed, what hasn't, and much more.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Leave your comments and any news or discoveries that you think I missed below!