April 20, 2018
Welcome to my Weekly Roundup!
In one convenient post, you're about to discover the most important things I've noticed this week, including the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research, the top photos, videos and stories from this week, upcoming events and speaking appearances, giveaways, specials and a host of other things you may have missed.
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
-Hylete Flexion Pants: These days you'll often find me lounging in Hylete Flexions. Equally at home in and out of the gym, the flexion pants’ tapered athletic fit and relaxed drop crotch creates a modern look, with angular paneling and contrast fabric stretch zones providing superior comfort and mobility. Two front slash pockets are ideal for quick access storage. Side zippered pockets keep items securely stored while training, and out of the way while seated. And these things are COMFORTABLE. Get them here and use code GREENFIELD20 for $20!
-PrimalHacker Glutathione: I'm a big fan of glutathione for a variety of reasons, including the human ancestral propensity to be low in glycine (glycine is necessary for good glutathione status) and also my own genetic testing results that show my own glutathione production to be low. Enter Optimized AF Liposomal Glutathione with CoQ10 and PQQ, something I've been taking a shot of each morning. This stuff is a cocktail of three potent anti-inflammatory and energy-supporting compounds that help your cells thrive. The CoQ10 enhances your mitochondria, the power plants of your cells. The Pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) has been shown to support the growth of brand new mitochondria through a process called Mitochondrial Biogenesis. Together, CoQ10 and PQQ offer a powerful upgrade to your energy production – and the clever delivery system of the glutathione wraps the ingredients in liposomes – little fat molecules that protect them from your stomach acid and deliver them all the way to your bloodstream. And it's tasty too, unlike the liquid dog fart taste of many glutathione blends. Get it here with 10% discount code BEN10.
-Homemade Probiotic-Rich Coconut Yogurt: If you listened to my podcast with Aubrey Marcus, then you heard us waxing positive about the eight billion dollar jar (slight exaggeration) of organic coconut yogurt Aubrey discovered at the Erewhon grocery store. Turns out you can save a dime and make something even better in the comfort of your own home. Here's the full recipe, courtesy Twitter follower Josh Cripps:
“Use 1 tsp of good, high-quality probiotic powder (this is usually 6-8 capsules, opened and poured into measuring spoon) to 4 cups of high-quality coconut milk. Sometimes, I use both Aldi Coconut milk (CM), and the skimmed top (the creamy solids) from the canned organic coconut milk, whisked together. Add CM to clean mason (or similar) glass jar, stir in probiotic powder. Cover with cheesecloth held with rubber band or string. I usually put this in my oven, with just the light on, for 24-48hrs depending how thick you like it. I like “Greek” thick, so I use the latter. Then, refrigerate with lid and enjoy! You can hack this recipe for add-ins, for flavor or protein. A bit of vanilla extract is nice.”
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, I release never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf's inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– How Much Sleep Will Increase Your Testosterone? (with Ben Greenfield)
::: 10% Off Your First Order or 25% a Subscription of Kion Coffee :::
When Kion Coffee was formulated, every single decision made was based on your health. With a borderline-OCD commitment to the cleanest processing on the planet, we are confident this is the only coffee you'll want to put in your body every day: Higher in antioxidants than every other brand we tested. Always organic. Packaged using the industry’s highest-standard packaging method – called nitrogen flushing.
This is, bar none, the cleanest coffee on the face of the planet. We have cut no corners and made no exceptions. For a complete list of health benefits and to understand what sets Kion Coffee apart from every other coffee on the market, check this out.
For a very limited time, take 10% off your first order or 25% off your subscription, just by clicking here.
::: Paleof(x) Livestream Tickets On Sale Now! :::
Paleo f(x) is happening in just one week! It’s the largest gathering of ancestral health experts on the planet, and it’s happening live in Austin, Texas.
I’m thrilled to tell you that I will be speaking on the Keynote stage that week. If you can't make it to the party in Austin, you can still watch me speak from wherever you are via Livestream! Tickets are $99 for 100% access to the live stream, replays, and much more. Buy your livestream tickets today so you can join in on the fun, and watch my Keynote– live!
::: Pain Treatments That Work :::
No matter where your pain comes from, or how long you've suffered from it, there IS hope. Using this approach, my friend and colleague, occupational therapist Phaedra Antioco is sharing an all-new, no-cost online interview series, and by joining myself, Phaedra, and more, you can begin to heal.
– April 27-29, 2018: Paleo f(x)™ in Austin, Texas. Paleo f(x)™ is the world’s premier wellness event, covering health, nutrition, fitness, sustainability, & everything in between. Our tribe gathers to learn and grow together! Bringing the latest, most cutting-edge science and strategy together to help you create your very best life, Paleof(x)™ is like the Woodstock of the ancestral movement, and I will be there! Sign up now to get tickets to this very exciting event! Sign up here and see you in Austin!
– May 5-6, 2018: Montana Beast and Sprint Weekend, Bigfork, Montana. Join the Spartan Race and discover beautiful Kalispell, Montana as we attempt to make history by breaking the Guinness World Record for most people performing burpees at one time!
– May 19-20, 2018: Socal Beast and Sprint Weekend, Big Bear Lake, Cailfornia. Big Bear Mountain Resort is a ski area in Southern California. Care to take a guess why ski areas make such great venues for Spartan Races? That’s right…hills! Come out and join me at this incredible race!
– May 26, 2018: Train to Hunt, Bonners Ferry, Idaho. Whether you’re a flatlander, hunt out west, or are past your prime, join me and make yourself a better hunter through fitness. Sign up to join me here!
– May 31 – June 3, 2018: A-Fest, Sardinia, Italy. A-Fest is an invite-only transformational event that gathers a global tribe of change-makers and visionaries who are driven by epic ideas to impact the world. Apply now to get invited.
– June 28 – July 22, 2018: Mind Valley U, Tallinn, Estonia. Mindvalley U is a month-long transformational event that is designed to create a university style education model for all ages. It’s a reimagining of college, community, curriculum, and campus. Best of all it’s available for all ages – whether you are 9 or 90. This will be one of those things you look back on and say: it changed my life. Mind Valley U will be held in Tallinn, Estonia. Did you know the incredible medieval city of Tallinn, Estonia is known for being a city with the highest number of startups per capita and one of the most cutting-edge tech nations on the face of the planet? Sign up, join me, and transform your life!
– July 19, 2018: Ancestral Health Symposium, Bozeman, Montana. “AHS” is a scientific conference which provides a forum for learning and discussion on all areas of human health. With evolutionary mismatch as a unifying theory, speakers present on topics including diet, movement, sleep, stress, epigenetics, and more. Join me this summer!
– October 5-7, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference will feature a series of talks by leaders – including yours truly – across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to invigorate you. Besides boosting your performance, you’ll also get to hang out with hundreds of people from your tribe. The SPARK Bio-Hack Conference is a convergence of people who are pushing the limits of what the human mind and body can do. Discover how cross-pollination can get you to the next level. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Balaji Palace, Dominican Republic. It's happening again…one of the coolest, most kick-ass events of the year – especially if you dig adventure, fitness and beautiful destination travel. You are cordially invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. This event always fills out fast and last I heard only a couple rooms were left. The retreat will be held in the Dominican Republic, at one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. With its majestic location on a cliff’s edge overlooking its own private beach, the Balaji Palace is an oceanside paradise – and we've got the whole place to ourselves. In all RUNGA activities from yoga to snorkeling, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into at RUNGA, just click here. Don't forget to use code BEN when you register for a surprise free gift when you arrive! And of course, I'll be there too. Register here.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Try this: take an avocado with you everywhere you go and while you're traveling.
This can be a meal in itself for building healthy cell membranes and an easy way to get healthy fats in your diet every day, which are incredibly important for brain health: https://t.co/T8NMvovTGn
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) March 19, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
Coming from a family that takes its coffee consumption quite seriously, these are a few things I've discovered over the years to look out for when purchasing coffee.
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Thursday, April 19, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
On Snapchat this week I showed you the spilanthes plant I am growing in my home office. I had a chance to taste this Spilanthes fruit (Acmella oleracea, formerly Spilanthes oleracea or S. acemella), sometimes also known commonly as the eyeball plant, toothache plant, para cress or buzz buttons, when I was in Kauai at XPT Life. It is a flowering, herbaceous annual used both as an ornamental and as an herb. It also tastes like a freakin' party in your mouth when you eat it! Indoor growing season success.
Be the first to follow my unique experiences by joining me on Snapchat!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Featured Product – NEW:
I am so excited to introduce to you, Kion Coffee. After more than 2 years of hardcore coffee research, I am confident that this medium-roast coffee is superior, bar-none, in health benefits to any other coffee in the world. It is the only coffee that meets my strict standards for health-benefits, purity, and freshness. Period.
Why? Other coffee companies are unwilling to do what my company, Kion, is doing to ensure these health-benefits– every decision made regarding this coffee formulation is based on health.
So what’s so special about Kion Coffee? Kion Coffee is certified organic, is richer in antioxidants than any other coffee we tested, is rigidly tested for toxins, contains ZERO mold, is packaged using the highest industry standards, and much, much more.
To read the complete list of Kion Coffee benefits, to understand the sourcing profile, the scientific roasting protocol, and freshness strategy, click here.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body? This Should Do The Trick:
Did you know you can consult one-on-one, with me? Whether you’re training for an amazing feat of physical performance, you’re trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible, or you want to tap into the most cutting-edge health, anti-aging and longevity protocols, coaching with me is designed to enhance your physical and mental performance at the highest level. With detailed instructions, guidance, and planning, you’ll get instant access to every training, nutrition, and lifestyle technique that exists to optimize your life, make you indestructible and get you to your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave any questions or comments below – or any news of the week that you think I should have added – and I will be sure to reply.