January 25, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Really Good Book I'm Reading:
Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality: This wonderful new book on healing your body with your mind contains this anecdote I highlighted:
“If I offered you a pill that could increase your levels of circulating stem cells, lengthen your telomeres, dissipate beta-amyloid plaques in your brain, improve your memory and attention levels, boost your serotonin, repair your DNA, regulate inflammation, boost your immune system, repair your skin, bone, cartilage, and muscle cells, power up your GH levels for cell repair, and enhance the neural connections in your brain, how much would you pay for it? Though it’s priceless, it’s all free. EcoMeditation has been free on the Internet for over a decade. I’ve taught it to thousands of people all over the world. It’s ironic that what might be the biggest medical breakthrough of our generation is freely available to everyone, from the poorest to the richest.”
The idea that thoughts become things has become a meme in popular culture. It's held as a firm proposition in metaphysics, and some spiritual teachers ascribe infinite powers to the mind. But are these claims scientifically accurate? What does the scientific evidence tell us about the scope of the human mind to transform thoughts into reality?
New research and new discoveries in epigenetics, neuroscience, electromagnetism, psychology, cymatics (the study of wave phenomena), public health, and quantum physics are demonstrating that thoughts can indeed be profoundly creative. In this book, author Dawson Church examines the scientific facts and reviews the studies that show, step by step, exactly how our minds create material form. As each piece of the puzzle falls into place, the science turns out to be even more astonishing than the metaphysics.
Throughout the book, Church shares illuminating case histories and up-close, authentic personal accounts of people who had an experience of turning mind into matter. Drawn from the worlds of medicine, sports, business, healing, art, and scientific discovery, these stories run the gamut from profound to inspiring to heart-wrenching. Meticulously researched evidence is presented in a highly relatable form, using engaging, understandable, nontechnical analogies. Photos and illustrations enrich the text.
– Supplement I'm Using To Manage My Blood Sugar and Fat Loss
Kion Lean: It's not often that I “plug my own products” on this “things I've discovered” section you're now reading, but since beginning to test my blood glucose continuously using a Dexcom G6 implanted in my abdomen (as I describe in detail in my last post on how to track ketones and glucose), I've experimented with taking THREE servings of Kion Lean each day, and my blood glucose results are absolutely astounding. I'm taking two capsules before every meal, 3 times a day. I realize six capsules a day is a lot but I may actually continue this as a staple in my life extension and weight management protocol, and I'd highly recommend you try it, especially if you want support for normal blood sugar levels and healthy energy metabolism. You can get it here and read up on the ingredients.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Last Week to Win An All-Inclusive Trip To Paleo f(x)™ :::
Click here for your chance to win an all-inclusive trip + 2 Paleo f(x)™ VIP badges for the upcoming conference this April in Austin, Texas. With your VIP badge, you’ll get VIP seating at all the sessions where you’ll hear the latest findings from top doctors, scientists, biohackers and fitness pros like me, Mark Sisson, Dr. Joseph Mercola, JJ Virgin and many more. You’ll also have your own VIP lounge to refresh and relax and guided networking sessions. The grand prize includes:
- 2 VIP badges for Paleo f(x)™ – April 26-28, 2019 – (valued at $2954)
- 2 round trip airfares (up to $700)
- 3 nights accommodation at Embassy Suites (one room – valued at over $1200)
To enter, just click here. This giveaway ends in just 5 days.
::: Save 10% On My Mattress Of Choice :::
The top-of-the-line mattress with which my wife and I are obsessed with is made by Intellibed. It is non-toxic, hypo-allergenic and provides the back-supporting benefits of a firm mattress AND the deep, restorative, comfortable sleep of a soft one. Their original Gel Matrix tech keeps me cool, regulates my body temperature thus improving the quality of my sleep. Though I’ve slept on a handful of outstanding mattresses in recent years, this one is truly the “Cadillac” of them all. Watch my in-depth review here and take advantage of their special offer and 90-day in-home trial while it lasts: 10% off + free bamboo sheets + 2 Intellibed pillows + free mattress protector. All yours here.
::: 10% of Gosha's Organic ODNOVA Superfood :::
ODNOVA in the Polish language means “ renewal”, “revitalize”, “rejuvenate”. The best way I can describe these tiny ODNOVA products is that they are superfood concoctions with a honey-like texture that you can add to drinks, smoothies or simply eat by the teeny-tiny spoonful because they are powerful. The ODNOVA line of products is a super concentrated blend, and a mixture of 7 groups: Phytoplankton, Bee Products, Medicinal Mushrooms, Adaptogenic Herbs, Medicinal Spices, Superfoods, and Monoatomic Minerals. You can get them in “Energy”, “Focus” or “Glo” (for skin). Click here to check them out and use code Ben10 to save 10%.
– Jan 30, 2019: Next Health FOREFRONT Talk Series, Century City, California. Founded by Darshan Shah, Next Health in Los Angeles is a Health Optimization Center which utilizes the latest in technology paired with advanced wellness programs to transform your health. Join me there for my lecture at 7PM PST! Send an email to [email protected] to RSVP.
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
My quote in this article about the carnivore diet is the only explicit part of the whole piece. I guess I was feeling cheeky that day. https://t.co/wUKLI4snxI
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) January 22, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Check out this new full episode with Tom Bilyeu Impact Theory: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/Impact-Theory—“I’m a big fan of going after the low-hanging fruit: things like grounding, earthing, cold exposure, using the sauna, periods of calorie-restriction and modified #fasting. Lot’s of time in social settings…love and connection. Before you buy the expensive biohacks, instead go after this low-hanging fruit.”
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Thursday, January 17, 2019
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Kion *bundles* are here! Try one of the new Kion product bundles or pick one up for your friend or family member this holiday season!
Kion Coffee Lovers Bundle *NEW AND ON SALE*: What's better than Kion Coffee? Keeping it piping hot at home, in the office, or on-the-go in a stylish Kion Tumbler! Included is one bag of organic Kion Coffee and one Kion Tumbler. Get one here.
Recovery Bundle: Bounce back faster than ever with Kion’s recovery supplement trifecta by supporting muscle protein synthesis, recovery and the body’s healthy response to exercise-related inflammation. See what's included here.
Intro Bundle: The perfect gift for someone you know would benefit from the knowledge of Ben Greenfield and the high-quality products of Kion. Beyond Training is the culmination of the many years I've spent in the trenches helping people burn body fat, achieve peak mental performance and take your body to a new level. Kion Coffee, one of Kion’s most popular products, is a certified organic, whole-bean coffee that is carefully selected and roasted for taste, purity, and high antioxidants. See what's included in the Kion intro bundle here.
Daily Life Bundle: The ultimate Kion Bundle! Team Kion’s go-to, everyday essentials. Energize your body and avoid lean muscle “cannibalization” during fasted workouts with Kion Coffee and Aminos. Enjoy stable energy and no sugar crashes with the mouth-watering, chocolatey-salty-coconut Kion Bar. Take Kion Lean before your largest or most carb-heavy meal here.
Coffee Bundle: Enjoy discounted pricing on three bags of Kion certified organic whole bean coffee just in time for the holidays. Take advantage of the offer here.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!