Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Free Meditation Routine I've Been Doing
Ecomeditation: Last week, I told you about the new book I'm reading called “Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality.” While reading the book, I discovered that author Dawson Church has created a wonderful 21-minute meditation session that incorporates all the science-proven tactics he discusses in the book, including tapping, gratitude, love, mindfulness and heart coherence. I've been traveling a ton lately (17 straight days on the road!) and adopted this meditation as an evening routine. I found it to be quite good for sleep, but also did it twice in the morning and found it to be quite energizing for the day too. It's free and well worth a try.
– A Cool Way To Get Your Home Biohacked By A “Building Biologist”
If you listened to my fascinating podcast with building biologist Bryan Hoyer, then you know that you can now hire a certified pro to go through your home and test it for dirty electricity, EMF, sleep-disrupting light flickering and a whole lot more. It turns out that Brian is now officially “going on an EMF tour” to Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta – where he'll be available to come to your home if you live in any of those cities (or near them) for a walk-through of your home to identify any issues and fix everything up.
If this interests you (cost is north of $800 but worth it in my opinion if you're concerned about how your home is affecting your health), just click here to go to his store, then click on “consultations”, then “find your city”, and checkout using code BEN for $100 off a world-class EMF assessment. Enjoy.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: MagSRT – Magnesium Supplement – Jigsaw Health :::
My brilliant friend, Thomas Delauer, recent guest on the very popular episode “Magnesium Supplementation: Everything You Need To Know About Dosing Magnesium, Timing Magnesium, Forms Of Magnesium & More!” is on the scientific advisory team for a company called Jigsaw Health. In his position there, Delauer insisted on performing a peer-reviewed study and really focused on getting it published in a reputable science journal about if magnesium is really absorbed and whether JigSaw’s form of magnesium, MagSRT™, is actually absorbed.
MagSRT™ was evaluated in The Scottsdale Magnesium Study, a placebo-controlled, human clinical trial of 91 participants. MagSRT™ is now the only time-release magnesium supplement with a peer-reviewed clinical trial. MagSRT™ is a form of magnesium malate about which you can learn much, much more on their website and in my episode with Thomas. If you are experiencing any symptoms of magnesium deficiency, I recommend you try this form out. This link will automatically add 3 bottles of MagSRT to your cart — plus FREE shipping, and a $10 off coupon code “Greenfield10” for a total savings of $39 on your order.
::: Exclusive! Get Jessa's Sourdough Starter Recipe :::
I brought Jessa's homemade sourdough bread to Joe Rogan's studio this week and it was a hit. Jessa has perfected the art of sourdough bread-making, and I'm sharing her complete formula with you today. These are the ingredients you will need, and this is the method.
Sourdough is more digestible than standard loaves and more nutritious, too. When fermented long enough, the phytic acid is broken down allowing your body to absorb all the wonderful vitamins and minerals, including 18 different amino acids, B vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium, and selenium. The acids slow down the rate at which glucose is released into the blood-stream and lower the bread's glycemic index (GI), so it doesn't cause undesirable spikes in insulin. They also render the gluten in flour more digestible and less likely to cause food intolerance. This is one bread that won't hit a sour note when it comes to your blood sugar! We even like to make our hamburger buns from sourdough among other creative uses.
But Jessa doesn't stop there. We put together resources for you on everything related to a healthy home in her instant-access Healthy Home Workshops Volume 1 and Volume 2. You will be amazed at the resources she provides to you in these: everything from her go-to kitchen tools, fermenting made easy, teaching kids the value of composting and recycling, to growing pure air, and much, much more. Like a personal professor for transforming your home and your body, she then produces each topic into an HD video in which she walks you through the hands-on version of each tip. Check it out!
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
I was homeschooled K-12 (and apparently politicians hate that): https://t.co/fxsmAIC3rg
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) January 30, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Joe Rogan and I are gonna podcast tomorrow at noon PDT…tune in at https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerfulJRE – what should we talk about?
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Great new taste, same proven formula! Whether you’re looking to stimulate faster muscle growth, recover more rapidly from exercise, become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout, or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids has you covered.*
The amino acid utilization of Kion Aminos is a whopping 99%, meaning your body is actually absorbing and utilizing the essential amino acids it needs.* Plus, Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs – and fast.
Kion Aminos contains:
– Tryptophan to encourage the release of important neurotransmitters and hormones for mood and sleep, such as serotonin and melatonin.
– Lysine, which, if deficient, can result in a deficiency in niacin (Vitamin B), as well as slow connective tissue repair.
– Methionine to supply sulfur and other compounds required by your body for optimum metabolism and growth.
– Valine, which is needed for muscle fiber firing, tissue repair, and for the maintenance of proper nitrogen balance in the body.
– Leucine, which stimulates muscle protein synthesis and may be the major fuel involved in anabolic (tissue building) reactions
– Isoleucine, which is important for blood sugar regulation, muscle development and repair and energy regulation.
– Threonine, which is important for antibody production, immune system activity, and can be converted into glycine and serine.
– Phenylalanine, which stimulates the release of neurotransmitters and hormones such as adrenaline and noradrenaline, which are necessary substances for optimum activity of your central and peripheral nervous systems.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!