October 12, 2018
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– The Nicotine Toothpicks I've Been Chewing
Pixotine Nicotine Toothpicks: In podcast #390, I described in detail the health and cognitive boosting effects of nicotine. After that, I got a ton of questions about which nicotine toothpicks I use. They're called “Pixotine“.
When a Pixotine toothpick is placed in your mouth, the saliva aids in drawing out the nicotine. The nicotine contained in the saliva then gets absorbed into the bloodstream through contact with cells. Chewing slightly on a toothpick like this enhances the speed at which the nicotine is released. The first effects are felt from 1 min to 15 min the toothpick lasts from 10 minutes to 1 hour.
Pixotine toothpicks are made from birch wood and infused with a blend of natural nicotine solution made with USP grade Nicotine Extract >99.8% purity inside a carrier base of USP grade kosher vegetable derived Gglycerine and distilled water. There are no other additives. Get 'em here and use code BEN for 10% off.
– Cool Training Website I Discovered
Living.Fit Kettlebell Training Workout Database: I'm a huge fan of kettlebell training, and this new website from the good folks at Kettlebell Kings (where I get most of my kettlebells, since they have free shipping and high quality bells) is incredibly useful. It has hundreds of 10-15 second demos of kettlebell movements for a quick reference to supplement weekly workouts grouped by experience level or muscle group, done-for-you training programs, and…did I mention…it's free. Check it out here.
– Mantra I've Been Repeating
Peace, Love, Joy: Ever since I learned the concept of “manifestation” from the excellent book “The Master Key” by Charles Haanel I have made it a practice to fill my head with uplifting mantras that I focus on through the day so that I can program my subconscious to manifest positivity. My latest is “Peace, Love, Joy” which I say to myself throughout the day to remind me to
1) ruthlessly eliminate haste and hurry from my life (peace);
2) pour myself out for my fellow human (love) and
3) choose to be happy no matter what the circumstances (joy).
Give it a try and experience the positivity pour into your life all day long! You can get the book here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Calling All Health And Wellness Practitioners…2019 Is Almost Here :::
If you want to discover a fresh approach to improving the lives of your clients as we head into the new year, I recommend attending the Live It To Lead conference in Las Vegas hosted by Dr. Dan Pompa, myself and dozens of other industry thought leaders. At this conference, you will discover:
- The latest science regarding fasting and ketosis as exercise and performance aids, as well as super catalysts for healing and weight loss from leaders in the field.
- The new heavy metal and chemical subluxation threats that may soon be branded as the plagues of the 21st century.
- How to integrate stem cell therapy in your treatment plans for pain, anti-aging and healing.
- Diet and nutrition counseling strategies, rooted actually in what one doesn't eat. Discover why intermittent fasting may be the most important discovery in anti-aging and hormone optimization.
As you can see, we will be presenting thought-provoking topics that will transform your practice. You will also experience daily workouts led by me, and much, much more! Early bird pricing PLUS $200 off your ticket with code “bg200” expires September 30. Register today.
::: Get a Special Gift With Purchase of the NEW Joovv :::
Light therapy, also known as photobiomodulation (makes you sound smart at a cocktail party) can positively impact mood, collagen, testosterone, sexual performance, thyroid function and a host of other parameters – there are even organizations considering banning athletes using it because it's so powerful for enhancing performance (don't worry you jocks out there – it's still legal).
The Joovv Elite setup is modular so you can concentrate the light exactly where you want, and even switch between the and far infrared settings yourself. It's the “Cadillac” of light therapy. It's brand new, it's flying off the shelves, it's totally customizable, and you can get it here. Use the referral code BEN at checkout to get some cool, Joovv-branded swag along with your order!
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 2 – 8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 14 – 16, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Makers of LaCroix hit with lawsuit alleging their sparkling water contains 'synthetic' ingredients, including a 'cockroach insecticide': https://t.co/yAAd4XYJzK
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) October 11, 2018
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
You’re about to discover what could be the most effective tactic yet for muscle building:
Snapchat's Most Popular Story This Week:
This week on Snapchat I gave you a sneak peek at my Napa weekend. I'm in beautiful Napa Valley right now for the always transformative and rejuvenating RUNGA retreat. Add me here on Snapchat to follow along!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Evidence for the heart and brain health benefits from omega-3 fish oil is undeniable.* But LivingFuel SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ does not stop there. It is far more than just fish oil; it is a sophisticated Antioxidant Essential Fatty Acids supplement and it’s ideal for the entire family.
Conventional fish oil supplements contain significantly more EPA than DHA (typically a 3:2 EPA:DHA ratio), but SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ contains additional DHA that gives it a 1:1 EPA:DHA ratio. Mounting research suggests that higher levels of DHA are optimal for human health, supporting the new 1:1 ratio.
Not all fish oils are created equal. The best quality Omega-3 fats like those in SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ come from small fish like sardines and anchovies that thrive in cold waters. Unfortunately, many of the supplements lining the aisles of health food stores contain inexpensive fish oils from large fish that swim in suspect waters. Plus, they often contain fillers and synthetic materials that can rob the body of nutrition. Order it here.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!