January 4, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Woo-Woo Book I'm Reading:
Stress Less, Accomplish More: Meditation for Extraordinary Performance is a new book sent to me by my friend Emily Fletcher, who was a former podcast guest in Meditation For Mind-Blowing Sex, Meditation For Insomnia, Meditation For Energy & Much More. Emily specifically developed a novel meditation technique for working people with busy lives. Now, you can learn to recharge anywhere, anytime – at home or at your desk. All you need is a few minutes and a chair (no apps, incense, or finger cymbals required). But this is not just another meditation book. In it, Emily teaches a cool trifecta of Mindfulness, Meditation, and Manifesting to improve your personal and professional performance, clarity, health, and sleep. You learn how to cultivate Mindfulness through brief but powerful exercises that will help you stop wasting time stressing. Plus, you’ll get Manifesting tools to help you get crystal clear on your personal and professional goals for the future. I'm digging it (and I'm usually NOT a fan of woo-woo meditation books). Get it here.
– Healthy “Vape” Pen I've Been “Smoking”:
FUM pen: I realize that I told you about this a few months ago, but I'm currently really digging this vape pen as a replacement for my habit of vaping organic tobacco and chewing nicotine gum, which I want to put the brakes on just a bit. OK, OK, this is not a vape pen per se, but rather an essential oil “inhaler” pen that is so simple and safe to use that even my kids are “taking hits” on peppermint essential oil before school. It's called a “FUM pen”. I've been taking hits on cinnamon and nutmeg for focus, lavender for relaxation, and peppermint for a pre-workout, lung and head-clearing effect. I've been using black pepper to break tobacco and nicotine and it works like gangbusters! Studies have even shown that using a pen like this with black pepper essential oils can help get rid of smoking and nicotine cravings (for those of you who have been chomping on too much of that nicotine gum I've also recommended). Plus, handcrafted just west of Calgary, AB, Canada, the thing just looks sexy and super functional. Get your FUM pen here, and get your essential oils to go along with it here. When you enter code BEN at checkout, you'll get free shipping on your pen in the U.S. and Canada when you spend $40 or more bones.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
What You Didn’t Know About CBD & THC, Fixing Lyme Disease, The Full Body Blood Change Reboot, Peptides 101, Hyperthermia & Much More!
This episode was brought to you by Clearlight Saunas, Christian Gratitude Journal, Organifi and Kion
The Hidden Health Epidemic Nobody Is Talking About (& 6 Ways To Protect Yourself From It)
This episode was brought to you by Clearlight Saunas, Christian Gratitude Journal, Organifi and Kion
Articles I Published This Week:
How I Track Sleep, The Top 7 Sleep Parameters To Track, Interpreting Your Sleep Trends & Much More.
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– Charlotte Pawar – How to Save Money in Your UK Fitness Business (#181)
– Kwik Brain 087: Protecting Your Brain from 4 Invisible Super-Villains with Ben Greenfield
– You will not believe the benefits of Sauna! Have we been chumped by the medical “authorities”?
::: Do You Want Your Own Copy Of My Lifebook? :::
Surely you've heard about one my coolest discoveries of 2018 already: Lifebook. Lifebook, a transformative process for planning your life with crystal clear vision, was developed by my friend Jon Butcher and I couldn't recommend taking the course more highly. Now, if you are interested in owning a copy my own personal, inspiring Lifebook in a beautiful hardcover print version, I am currently taking pre-orders. Let us know your interest and we will get back to you shortly with order and pricing information. It's everything I stand for, everything I believe in, everything I hold dear, everything that makes me, me. Pre-order it here.
::: Join Me and Team Kion Next Week for a Fasting Challenge and Live Fasting Q&A :::
The Kion Fasting Challenge begins on Monday, January 7th and goes through Friday, January 11th. Sign up here. This challenge is completely FREE and will teach you a ton about the most popular types of fasts, how to do them and how each can boost your health in different ways. Plus, you'll receive support from me, the team at my company, Kion, and a host of friendly folks in my Facebook Group.
Plus mark your calendar for this upcoming Tuesday night at 7PM pst, where I will host a Live Q&A about fasting on my Facebook page. It's easy to tune in. Just “like” my page, and you will receive a notification when I go live. This is a great opportunity to ask me your burning questions about fasting!
::: Get The Real Skinny on Fat :::
Don’t let another doctor devastate anyone else with the words…“There’s nothing we can do.” This 9-Part Documentary Series from my friend and genius, Naomi Whittel, when it comes to cellular autophagy for health reveals the real truth about Alzheimer’s and the actual plan to take back control of your life. Help spread the word before it’s too late! Watch now for free.
– January 12, 2019: TEDxCoeurdalene, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. I am thrilled to present topics in longevity and biohacking to in an intimate setting to an inspired audience. Join me!
– Jan 20 – 21, 2019: Serious Business Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana. This conference is going invoke thought and insight and expose you to new ideas and thinking on self-development and business in the beauty industry. Register here.
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
-View the Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Calendar Here
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Just used my free afternoon hour on New Year's to upgrade my body with my home equipment. Just did self administered NAD IV + vitamin cocktail + EWOT on LiveO2 with 100% oxygen on mask + infrared sauna, then finished with PEMF on PulseCenters. Holy hell. Feel like superman.
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) January 2, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Here is my OURA sleep score from a particularly solid night of sleep over the holidays. I only use 2 supplements to…
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Wednesday, January 2, 2019
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Ben Greenfield Fitness saved to “Ben's Nutrition Advice.” Read the article here.
Kion *bundles* are here! Try one of the new Kion product bundles or pick one up for your friend or family member this holiday season!
Kion Coffee Lovers Bundle *NEW AND ON SALE*: What's better than Kion Coffee? Keeping it piping hot at home, in the office, or on-the-go in a stylish Kion Tumbler! Included is one bag of organic Kion Coffee and one Kion Tumbler. Get one here.
Recovery Bundle: Bounce back faster than ever with Kion’s recovery supplement trifecta by supporting muscle protein synthesis, recovery and the body’s healthy response to exercise-related inflammation. See what's included here.
Intro Bundle: The perfect gift for someone you know would benefit from the knowledge of Ben Greenfield and the high-quality products of Kion. Beyond Training is the culmination of the many years I've spent in the trenches helping people burn body fat, achieve peak mental performance and take your body to a new level. Kion Coffee, one of Kion’s most popular products, is a certified organic, whole-bean coffee that is carefully selected and roasted for taste, purity, and high antioxidants. See what's included in the Kion intro bundle here.
Daily Life Bundle: The ultimate Kion Bundle! Team Kion’s go-to, everyday essentials. Energize your body and avoid lean muscle “cannibalization” during fasted workouts with Kion Coffee and Aminos. Enjoy stable energy and no sugar crashes with the mouth-watering, chocolatey-salty-coconut Kion Bar. Take Kion Lean before your largest or most carb-heavy meal here.
Coffee Bundle: Enjoy discounted pricing on three bags of Kion certified organic whole bean coffee just in time for the holidays. Take advantage of the offer here.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!
2 thoughts on “The Weekly Roundup: Your Go-To Guide For Everything You May Have Missed This Week & More! 12/29 – 1/04”
It`s really cool article!
Ben always passing on cool, new (and old) ideas. Love it!