February 8, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Movie That Scared Me
Root Cause: Root Cause is one man's extraordinary, personal journey of self-discovery set to send ripples through the dental profession and expose perhaps one of the world's greatest medical industry cover-ups. The video below pretty much tells you what you need to know and will hopefully inspire you to sit down with your family or loved ones and watch. My wife has root canals and has already set up an appointment with our local holistic dentist to have them removed. This is a huge issue, and while I don't watch many documentaries, I think this one is well worth your time. It even features many past podcast guests of mine, most notably Dr. David Minkoff. Click here to watch on Amazon.
– Supplement I'm Mixing with Alcohol
Bitters #9: I've mentioned recently on podcasts that my “go-to” cocktail at most restaurants involves simply ordering a shot of gin (very clean burning alcohol) on the rocks with a selection of house bitters. I drink this cocktail because it burns cleans, is bitter enough to sip, and perhaps most importantly, helps to digest any food consumed after it while also enhancing the insulin response to your meal, thereby then lowering your blood sugar. Problem is, sometimes I don't know how clean, old, or high-quality the bitters at the cocktail bar is, so now I simply travel with my own. I simply put about 5-6 squirts of Quicksilver Scientific's “Bitters No. 9” on the rocks with vodka or gin, and it works perfectly. For added effect, throw in a squeeze of lemon or a pinch of salt. Bitters No. 9 is a blend of nine bitter herbs and essential oils, all known to help activate bitter receptors and to be able to support bile flow and healthy digestion. Bon appetit. Click here to grab your Bitters and use code: GREENFIELD15 to save 15%.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Registration Now Open For The #1 Wellness Immersion Experience I Attend Each Year :::
Want to come live for a few days with my wife Jessa and I in a luxurious mansion in Napa, California? In September and October this year, a small gathering of amazing couples from all over the world will come together in one of the most beautiful settings in America – Napa Valley – for an unforgettable total mind and body reboot.
I consider this retreat, called “RUNGA” to be the most intensive, specialized wellness and performance immersions on the planet. My friend and three-time podcast guest of mine, Joe DiStefano, pulls out all the stops to make Runga the “Cadillac” of wellness retreats, during which we spend the 4 glorious days together indulging in all of my favorite ways to upgrade your body and brain: Kundalini yoga, breathwork, cold immersion, personalized fitness instruction, deep tissue therapy, movement coaching, 5 star homemade organic meals, and much more!
Only FOURTEEN slots are available for each of these events and every year they fill up fast. Registration for the only two RUNGA Immersion events of the entire year – in Napa Valley this September and October – has now officially opened. This is a fantastic chance to spend several days with me, my wife, and a gathering of brilliant health minds in an all-inclusive setting that will be the highlight of your year. Click here for complete details and to register.
::: AlignMed Posture Shirt :::
This is interesting. The folks over at AlignMed have developed breakthrough in-garment technology that maps to your muscles to help you feel and look better, stand taller, breath deeper, and can ease various symptoms associated with orthopedic, neurological and respiratory disorders. AlignMed's top and bottoms designed for men women are anatomically constructed with their tension panel Neurobands® technology that activates and stimulates specific muscle groups and joints to keep you in perfect form. Controlled resistance causes your muscles to contract to increase core strength while supporting your spine and shoulders. Neat stuff and mom-approved (and maybe even covered by your insurance provider!). Take 20% off this high-tech apparel, offer valid only until February 14 with code: FLOW19. Just click here.
::: In The Spokane Region? Join Me & My Family for the Ultimate Fitness Run :::
Adventure is calling! A local event which my family and I cherish is the Ultimate Fitness Run, an obstacle course race held this year on June 15th on Mt Spokane. There will be a kids race, an open division, and an exciting competitive wave with a doubleheader: 6-mile traditional obstacle race followed by 1-2 miles more of a TMX-style course. Bring it on! Spots for this race are extremely limited, so don't sleep on this chance to have some fun outside with your fam! Sign up here.
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) February 7, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Hot off the press– here are the complete resources and show notes for #JRE1235, my appearance on Joe Rogan last week….
Great new taste, same proven formula! Whether you’re looking to stimulate faster muscle growth, recover more rapidly from exercise, become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout, or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids has you covered.*
The amino acid utilization of Kion Aminos is a whopping 99%, meaning your body is actually absorbing and utilizing the essential amino acids it needs.* Plus, Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs – and fast.
Kion Aminos contains:
– Tryptophan to encourage the release of important neurotransmitters and hormones for mood and sleep, such as serotonin and melatonin.
– Lysine, which, if deficient, can result in a deficiency in niacin (Vitamin B), as well as slow connective tissue repair.
– Methionine to supply sulfur and other compounds required by your body for optimum metabolism and growth.
– Valine, which is needed for muscle fiber firing, tissue repair, and for the maintenance of proper nitrogen balance in the body.
– Leucine, which stimulates muscle protein synthesis and may be the major fuel involved in anabolic (tissue building) reactions
– Isoleucine, which is important for blood sugar regulation, muscle development and repair and energy regulation.
– Threonine, which is important for antibody production, immune system activity, and can be converted into glycine and serine.
– Phenylalanine, which stimulates the release of neurotransmitters and hormones such as adrenaline and noradrenaline, which are necessary substances for optimum activity of your central and peripheral nervous systems.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!