March 1, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– How To Use Peptides Without Needles Or Injections
In my podcast last week with Jay Campbell, I mentioned an oral peptide for healing the gut and enhancing muscular recovery that requires no needles or injections. Since writing the article “How To Use BPC-157: A Complete Dummies Guide To Healing The Body Like Wolverine”, I've discovered a well-absorbed oral version of peptide BPC-157 made by Dr. Seeds. It seems to work quite well, especially for the gut healing component of BPC-157 use. You can get it here and use code: BEN for 15% off.
– A New Biohack For Your Walks & Runs
Ever heard of Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP)? It's used in medical heart therapy to stimulate the openings or formation of collateral blood vessels (small branches of blood vessels) to create a natural bypass around narrowed or blocked arteries. Basically, it builds new capillaries to the heart. But a home EECP unit costs north of fifteen thousand dollars! I've just discovered a simple strap you can wear while walking or running that does the same thing (stimulates growth of new capillaries to your heart), but for healthy, exercising people – at a fraction of the price.
Here's how it works: during exercise, skeletal muscles throughout your body drive large amounts of blood from your extremities back to your heart. When the timing of the heart and muscles is synchronized, our bodies are more efficient, making exercise easier and allowing you to walk or run faster and farther with less effort. This new device called the “Counterpace” is a training app and sensor that improves your running by synchronizing your step and heart cycle timing. Pushing off the ground at the beginning of your heart’s relaxation phase optimizes your circulation, which leads to improvements in performance.
I've been toying around with this device during my afternoon walks and during several treadmill-based runs and I really, really like it – it seems to be making me more efficient at walking and running by the day. Thanks to Dr. Mercola for making me aware of this game-changing device. To get one, you can click here and use code: BEN for 10% off.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: FREE Intellibed $500 Luxury Sleep Bundle with Order :::
My wife and I are obsessed with our Intellibed mattress. It is non-toxic, hypo-allergenic and provides the back-supporting benefits of a firm mattress AND the deep, restorative, comfortable sleep of a soft one. Their original Gel Matrix tech helps regulate my body temperature, keeping me cool and improving the quality of my sleep. I’ve slept on a handful of outstanding mattresses and this one is truly the “Cadillac” of them all. Watch my in-depth review here and take advantage of their special offer and 90-day in-home trial while it lasts: 10% off + free bamboo sheets + 2 Intellibed pillows + free mattress protector. All yours, here.
– April 6, 2019: The Future of Personalized and Precision Medicine with Horses, Bourbon, and Ben Greenfield at The Kentucky Castle, Versailles, Kentucky. I join doctors Matt Dawson and Mike Mallin for a special presentation on the future of medicine. Register here to join us for this unique & extremely limited event.
– April 12 – 13, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you'll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Ex-Navy SEAL who wakes up at 4:30 am shows how to get out of bed when you don't feel like it: https://t.co/tcN693r7sf
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) February 26, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Have you been considering an expensive stem cell procedure? You can increase your own stem cell production via a few…
Whether you’re looking to stimulate faster muscle growth, recover more rapidly from exercise, become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout, or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids has you covered.*
The amino acid utilization of Kion Aminos is a whopping 99%, meaning your body is actually absorbing and utilizing the essential amino acids it needs.* Plus, Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs – and fast. Try the new Mixed Berry Aminos Powder today!
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!