April 19, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– My New Peanut-Butter-Chocolate Keto Ice Cream Recipe
– Brand New “Cheat Sheet” For Knowing Which Vitamins/Supplements To Take
In the podcast episode “How To Test Your Nutritional Status & How To Know Which Supplements To Take: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet,” I filled you in on my friend Chris Masterjohn's Testing Nutritional Status: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet e-book, which distills all of the practical information from the confusing nutrition supplement industry and packs everything you need to know about testing and customizing your supplement regimen all into one, single document so you never need an appointment with Dr. Google or rummage through long articles, podcast transcripts, or endless lists of links. The Cheat Sheet is published as a PDF, Kindle book, and iBook, which allows you to use your favorite devices and apps to read it in your favorite way. It is threaded with links throughout. This makes finding exactly what you need always just one click away.
All of the lab testing required for comprehensive nutritional screening is reduced to a single page, with hyperlinks making ordering any of the tests just one click away. In just five pages, Chris provides full instructions for lab testing, blood pressure, and dietary analysis, as well as an algorithm for quick decisions on what to do next for each marker that may be off. Over 70 pages list the signs and symptoms associated with all the possible nutrient imbalances, the potential causes of nutrient imbalances, and an action plan for correcting each imbalance. To top it off, it ends with an index of the signs and symptoms of nutrient deficiencies and imbalances. The index has 178 entries, and each entry links directly to the sections of the text where those signs and symptoms are discussed. This makes it incredibly easy to browse through the index for the things that seem most interesting or relevant to you and find exactly what you’re looking for without having to read the whole guide.
Anyways, Version 1.2 of the Cheat Sheet just came out last week. Chris has completely overhauled niacin and riboflavin sections as well as added several other very helpful sections. You can click here to get it and use discount code: BEN5 to save 5 bucks.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of never-before-seen videos, audios, PDFs, and every past episode of the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast.
Articles Published By Me & Kion This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Visit Me & My Company, Kion, at Paleo f(x) in Austin, Texas NEXT WEEK :::
Paleo f(x)™ is around the corner. I'm speaking on Sunday, April 28 at 1:15 PM CST. Can't be there in person? Stream my keynote as well as a dozen other speakers from Chris Kresser to Paul Chek to JJ Virgin and many more. Sign up here for the livestream.
If you're attending, come to the Kion booth for a few special surprises, my book signing, or join me outside the convention center on the lawn for a sunny Friday early afternoon morning workout at 11 AM sharp. Hope to see you there! Click here to learn more about the morning workout. Click here for my complete itinerary during Paleo f(x).
::: The Dress Shirt I've Been Living In… :::
Clothing tip alert for you guys out there! If you see me wearing a shirt these days – which is admittedly rare – you can often catch me wearing one of my new State & Liberty Clothing dress shirts: StateandLiberty.com (Use code: BEN to save 10%!)
They designed these shirts to fit athletic men, and they stretch with you as you move so they're very good for being active, too, especially if you like to get down on the dance floor or cut the rug at any summer weddings you're attending.
From board meetings to speaking engagements to (apparently based on my internal testing) cycling and kettlebell swings, these shirts do exactly what I need them to do! Check out their new Spring arrivals at StateandLiberty.com – the code: BEN saves you 10%. Enjoy fellas.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you'll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here's the link to more info.
– August 3, 2019: Spartan Sprint at the LA Stadium, Los Angeles, California. It’s Rally Time, Los Angeles. The Big A. Angel Stadium. Whatever you call it, this place is legendary. Now, Spartan is headed to this historic ballpark for an epic Stadion course. Get ready to take on 3 miles and 20 obstacles through nearly every part of the stadium. Sign up here!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here. Sign up here!
Featured Product: Kion Clean Energy Bar
As a busy CEO, coach, professional athlete, international speaker, and top 100 podcast host—I needed a bar that would meet the intense demands of my lifestyle, while also satisfying my strict nutrition and purity requirements. I’m happy to say, THIS IS IT.
After years of habitually eating low-quality protein bars, I started having elevated blood sugar, gut rot, energy swings and toxins present in my blood tests. So I wanted to do something better. I wanted to learn how can a bar provide adequate amino acids for recovery without spiking insulin and glucose, or creating mTor and longevity issues from excess protein intake?
You're about to discover exactly how I did it. Meet the Kion Clean Energy Bar.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
One drawback of #lowcarb / #keto diet is that less insulin is secreted, which can actually cause cells to become resistant to insulin signalling the same way too many carbs can! Here's how to avoid that & reach optimal insulin sensitivity: https://t.co/DiHmNWZyTl
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) April 12, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
I'm a sucker for new #icecream #recipes, and for this week's mix, I used the new, addictively flavorful, Peanut Butter…
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!