April 26, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– A Good Alternative To Uncomfortable NAD Injections
I'm rarely getting NAD injections anymore. They're a bit uncomfortable and nauseating, and – although wonderful for mitochondria, energy levels, sleep, cognition, longevity, and much more – just a bit of a pain. So I started using patches instead, which I leave on for 5-6 hours for a slow 400-500mg of NAD to enter my bloodstream. I like NAD delivery this way because it gets me better delivery, particularly to the brain, and I feel the effects in a far more profound way than NAD, NR, or NMN supplements. Anyways, I order my NAD patches from the NAD injection clinic in San Diego. You can go listen to my podcast with them and get their contact info here. See the video below for how I do it.
This Is One of the Easiest, Most Potent Ways to Self-Administer NAD
I've gotten some questions about how these NAD patches work from the "NAD Treatment Center" in San Diego. These are an alternative to NAD injections and it's pretty simple. In this video, I'm going to show you exactly how I administer these patches. To get all the info on the benefits of NAD for anti-aging, to hear from the NAD experts from the clinic in SD and more, just click here: https://www.nadtreatmentcenter.com/ or call (844)623-7587.
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
-Book I'm Reading
Author Arthur Haines is a forager, ancestral skills mentor, author, public speaker, and botanical researcher. He's very well spoken and has tons of practical experience in foraging, wildcrafting medicine, and primitive living skills. His new book, “A New Path,” is an epic tome that delves into the contemporary life-way of humans in an attempt to reinstate our biological norms.
The book presents the forgotten species' norms of Homo sapiens and, by combining historical observations of hunter-gatherers with modern evidence-based research, tackles the mythology of improving life through technology and provides guidance on many important aspects of human health, including diet, water, medicine, awareness, nature immersion, movement, hormesis, community, and ancestral technologies. It's a very enlightening read and a valuable addition to my library. You can get it on Amazon here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
What Yoga Trapezes, Laser Lights, Kettlebells, Mini-Meditation & Ketogenic Doughnuts Have To Do With Building A Nutrition Supplements Empire.
This episode was brought to you by The Halo Sport by Halo Neuro, Vuori (save 25% with my link), and Kion
An Interview With “The Smartest Physician On The Planet”: Crazy Biohacking Stacks For Cognitive Function, Microdosing CBD, The Rolls Royce Of Jet Lag Hacking & Much More.
This episode was brought to you by Four Sigmatic, Birdwell Beach Britches “BENG”, and Kion
Click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of never-before-seen videos, audios, PDFs, and every past episode of the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast.
Articles Published By Me & Kion This Week:
Ben Greenfield’s Entire Muscle Building Program Unveiled: Top 6 Muscle Building Workouts, Diet For Building Muscle Without Gaining Fat & The Best Supplements For Muscle Mass.
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Visit Me & My Company, Kion, at Paleo f(x) in Austin, Texas This Weekend! :::
Paleo f(x)™ kicks off this weekend! I'm speaking on Sunday, April 28 at 1:15 PM CST. Can't be there in person? Stream my keynote as well as a dozen other speakers from Chris Kresser to Paul Chek to JJ Virgin and many more. Sign up here for the livestream.
If you're attending, come to the Kion booth for a few special surprises, my book signing, or join me outside the convention center on the lawn for a sunny Friday early afternoon morning workout at 11 AM sharp. Hope to see you there! Click here to learn more about the morning workout. Click here for my complete itinerary during Paleo f(x).
::: Unleash Your Inner Fighter With This State of the Art In-home Gym:::
FightCamp is a premium in-home boxing studio + app which provides you with motivational workouts and expert-led instruction. Skip the expensive studios, take back time in your busy life, and progress as a fighter: with FightCamp, you have 24/7 access to high energy boxing workouts. This gym never closes. The FightCamp Gym is compact and mobile. It takes up just 8’ x 4’ of living space and can be adjusted to accommodate smaller rooms. Want to learn more? Click here. Use code: Ben10 to save 10% on any purchase.
::: Join The Same Olive Oil Club I'm In :::
Dr. Steven Gundry joined me on the podcast last week and one thing I really joined him in his opinion on was his devout, adamant belief in the health benefits of olive oil. He went so far as to say “the only purpose of food is to get olive oil in your mouth.” Wow, that's a bold statement! Well, frankly, it's not far from the truth. There are tremendous health benefits associated with olive oil. But not just any olive oil. Olive oil is available in a wide range of qualities, and what's worst, it is being completely faked.
Naturally, since olive oil is such a staple in my diet, I went on a quest to find the highest quality olive oil possible, which is when my friend introduced me to the fresh pressed olive oil club I still use today. Right now you can join the club for just $1! Pay just $1 shipping and receive a $39 bottle of artisanal olive oil direct from the newest harvest. For flavorful, fresh, high-quality olive oil, look no further than the Fresh-Pressed Olive Oil club.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– Next|Health: Forefront Podcast Series – Ep #4 “Optimizing Your Body Mind and Soul” w/ Ben Greenfield
– Amazing Health & Weight Loss Tips with Ben Greenfield
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– May 29, 2019: Community Talk on Stem Cell Procedure, Charleston, South Carolina. More details to come next week for this exclusive, semi-private event with Dr. Craig Koniver of Koniver Wellness.
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you'll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here's the link to more info.
– August 3, 2019: Spartan Sprint at the LA Stadium, Los Angeles, California. It’s Rally Time, Los Angeles. The Big A. Angel Stadium. Whatever you call it, this place is legendary. Now, Spartan is headed to this historic ballpark for an epic Stadion course. Get ready to take on 3 miles and 20 obstacles through nearly every part of the stadium. Sign up here!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here. Sign up here!
Featured Product: Kion Clean Energy Bar
As a busy CEO, coach, professional athlete, international speaker, and top 100 podcast host—I needed a bar that would meet the intense demands of my lifestyle, while also satisfying my strict nutrition and purity requirements. I’m happy to say, THIS IS IT.
After years of habitually eating low-quality protein bars, I started having elevated blood sugar, gut rot, energy swings and toxins present in my blood tests. So I wanted to do something better. I wanted to learn how can a bar provide adequate amino acids for recovery without spiking insulin and glucose, or creating mTor and longevity issues from excess protein intake?
You're about to discover exactly how I did it. Meet the Kion Clean Energy Bar.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
I'm often asked if I'm concerned about my hefty intake of canned sardines, mackerel, etc… So Wild Planet hooked me up w/ this infographic showing results of 3rd-party testing of PPM of #mercury in the #fish. I'd say as long as I don't take up a swordfish habit, I oughta be OK. pic.twitter.com/jz5qIuEHO8
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) April 23, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Beard…yes or no?
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!
2 thoughts on “The Weekly Roundup: Your Go-To Guide For Everything You May Have Missed This Week & More! 4/20 – 4/26”
I see the link for your upcoming appearance in Charleston, SC. Private event I assume. Any meetups other than that while you are down here? Love to meet you or at least get you to sign my copy of Beyond Training. I’m in Columbia,SC so not far away.
There are tickets available for the event: http://bit.ly/2vANmOi