July 27, 2018
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– What's On My Bed:
“Biobalance” PEMF Mat: For the past 8 nights, based on research I've seen that Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) can heal damaged mitochondria and enhance deep sleep cycles (such as this study and this study), I've been sleeping through the entire night on a “Biobalance” mat, which is like an incredibly souped-up version of the portable Flexpulse PEMF device I podcasted about here.
So far, I’ve increased my deep sleep percentages, on average, 2-3% per night, which is incredibly significant. It ain’t cheap, but for people who like to own nice things, this mat is well worth it, and it’s one of the few full body PEMF treatment devices I know of that can run for an entire nightly sleep cycle (actually, up to 12 hours). You can get it here with best customer support and worldwide delivery directly from BioBalance website.
– My Latest Workouts:
I was traveling all week, and when in Venice Beach, threw down these workouts devised along with my friend and former podcast guest, Joe Di Stefano.
Workout 1 – primarily designed for VO2 max enhancement (longer sustained efforts). Click here to see the Instagram post from this workout.
-4 min bike 80-85% (Airdyne style bike best or you can use other cardio modes, like rowing or treadmill)
-10 goblet squats
-20 push-ups or push-up variation
-30 kettlebell swings
-40 mountain climbers
-1 min front plank or plank variation
AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) for 45-60 min.
Workout 2 – primarily designed for mitochondrial density (short, explosive efforts). Click here to see the Instagram post from this workout.
-2 min easy active recovery bike (Airdyne style bike best or you can use other cardio modes, like rowing or treadmill)
-30 sec hard 100% bike effort
-2 minutes walking lunges or farmer's walk
-50 meter bear crawl
AMRAP for 45-60 min.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf's inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
–My Favorite “Health Hack”, How To Get the Best Night Of Sleep Possible, And How I Took 17 Years Off My Biological Age.
–How Embarrassing Gas, Bloating & Constipation Happens (& How To Get Rid Of It Forever)
Articles I Published This Week:
– Limitless & Lucy – Your Ultimate, Done-For-You Guide To Nootropics, Smart Drugs & Psychedelics.
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
– Ben Greenfield, “The Brain Of Triathlon” Shares The Latest Science On Biohacking At Mindvalley University
– Human Optimization Hour with Kyle Kingsbury – The Return of Ben Greenfield
::: Save $50 on Viome Microbiome Gut Testing :::
You've probably already heard me preach about the benefits of Viome– whether on the podcast, in my mind-blowing Facebook Live interview with Naveen Jain or maybe when I published the results of my very own Viome Gut Microbiome test. Viome applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to recommend personalized nutritional recommendations that balance the gut microbiome inside the body for the goal of better digestive health, longevity, skin quality, brain function, and any other physiological parameter correlated to the host of critters living in your gut.
So why is this stuff from Viome so new and unique? If you’ve ever had your gut or microbiome tested, you likely were tested using the old form of sequencing called “16S sequencing” While the 16s sequencing can indeed tell you about your gut bacteria, it really doesn’t hold a candle to what is called “metatranscriptome sequencing”, which is the type of sequencing Viome utilizes. Viome has dumped a ton of research & development into this new form of gut testing. Intrigued? Check out my episode with Naveen, who believes so strongly in Viome, he wants it to be the cornerstone technology for eventually ridding the world of all chronic disease. You can order your test here. Use code “FITNESS” to save!
::: Save 10% on Alms Bio Liposomal Glutathione with CoQ10 and PQQ :::
I have often preached about the benefits of perhaps the most potent antioxidant for longevity, reducing oxidative stress, fighting auto-immune disease, caring for your skin and appearance and much, much more. The antioxidant in question? Liposomal glutathione. If you are seeking an extremely potent formulation of glutathione specifically formulated to support antioxidant of free radicals, support enhanced and appropriate cellular energy, and support mitochondrial health and biogenesis of new mitochondria – powerhouses of the cells. Save 10% with code “BEN”.
– August 17 – 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. See you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
-View the Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Calendar Here
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Why Pre-Workout Static Stretching Is Actually Dangerous https://t.co/2qwW3SMqMk
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) July 24, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
Curious about nootropics and smart drugs? In today’s article, I’ll spill the beans on it all, including how to navigate…
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Tuesday, July 24, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This was a busy week on Snapchat. I showed you the best way, bar none, to keep your immune system boosted when you travel and got a ton of amazing recommendations from you all on what's kickin' in Venice Beach while I'm in the area working on a top secret project which may or may ot involve a big-ass ice bath, grooming station, and more… Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Ben Greenfield Fitness saved to “Ben's Nutrition Advice.” Read the article here.
Featured Product: Kion Flex
New and improved Kion Flex! Your trusted natural joint health supplement has now been upgraded to include the latest research-backed ingredients in clinically-proven dosages, while remaining as pure and effective as ever.
Whether you’re an athlete, outdoor enthusiast, or looking to feel your best as you age, joint health is key to maintaining an active lifestyle. Being proactive with the health of your joints can reduce the risk of exercise-related injuries and allow you to continue to do the activities you love for a lifetime.
Kion Flex is a natural supplement for joint health that’s been proven to*:
- Reduce mild, temporary joint discomfort from overuse
- Decrease exercise-related soreness and swelling
- Support a healthy inflammatory response to physical activity
- Promote optimal joint health, flexibility, and mobility
You deserve to feel phenomenal. Kion Flex is the natural, trusted solution you’ve been looking for to enjoy the active life you love. Pick some up here.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!
3 thoughts on “The Weekly Roundup: Your Go-To Guide For Everything You May Have Missed This Week & More! 7/21 – 7/27”
Hi Ben, came across you by chance while researching liposomal glutathione. The most potent (300% more so than any other method), clinically proven & natural glutathione precursor has been developed by world renown scientist & medicinal chemist, Dr Herbert Nagasawa. As you are aware, glutathione is the bodies master antioxidant and made up of three amino acids: cysteine, glutamate & glycine. Cysteine is the rate limiting factor for our cells to manufacture glutathione. As glutathione is a fragile molecule, it is largely destroyed in the gut rendering it pretty much ineffective. Any part of the molecule that does get into the blood stream is to large to enter the cell to do its magic. Dr Nagasawa has formulated a precursor that protects the fragile cysteine molecule thru the gut by using ribose to wrap around the cysteine molecule. Once the riboceine (the invention) enters the cell, the cysteine remains in the cell to make glutathione, and the ribose enters the mitrochondria to create energy.
It has 23 peer reviewed studies & is currently being tested in trials by many other world leading scientists & doctors in regards to their specific line of science. One being a study re atherosclosis.
Enough from me as a layman. If you wish to learn more I’d be happy to send you further info & even an obligation free 1 month trial of the product.
Please ignore any biz ref on my website provided
Can the Biobalance mat be placed under a chilipad?
Yes, that is exactly what I do.