August 3, 2018
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Recovery Device
The Hypervolt: The Hypervolt is my brand new toy that is saving me quite a bit of money on massage therapy, and that I'm able to now use as a laser-targeted toy to be able to get rid of injuries, adhesions and muscle tension fast. It's incredibly quiet (I've been using it in airports), and is described by the crazy inventors at Hyperice (they also make vibrating foam rollers and balls) as a “cordless state-of-the-art vibration massage device that helps relax sore and stiff muscles to improve mobility”. It weighs just a couple pounds, fits into my messenger bag that I carry my laptop in, and the high-torque Quiet Glide™ motor has 3 speed settings that deliver up to 3200 percussions per minute, a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and 4 interchangeable head attachments. If you're an athlete or like to exercise, you need to own this, period. You can order the Hypervolt here and use code BEN at checkout for $25 off trying this baby.
– Fiction Book
A Wizard of Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle): I'm a huge fan of both reading and writing fiction (this is my fiction book) and my latest read is A Wizard of Earthsea. Originally published in 1968, Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea marks the first of the six Earthsea titles. Ged was the greatest sorcerer in Earthsea, but in his youth he was the reckless Sparrowhawk. In his hunger for power and knowledge, he tampered with long-held secrets and loosed a terrible shadow upon the world. This is the tumultuous tale of his testing, how he mastered the mighty words of power, tamed an ancient dragon, and crossed death's threshold to restore the balance. I recommend a bit of fiction reading at night to induce relaxation, shut off busy business thoughts for the day, and even induce a few fun lucid dreams. Grab the first book of the series here.
– Website For Reading Books Faster
Optimize: One of the ways I get through the world’s best books f-a-s-t is the fantastic app/website called “Optimize.”. What is Optimize? It’s simple, really. The good folks at Optimize (including the owner of the site, and my friend and former podcast guest Brian Johnson from How A Philosopher CEO Has Achieved The Ultimate Combination of Fitness, Health And Happiness) read every one of the best books (primarily focusing on health, wealth, self-improvement, neuroscience, fitness, business, nutrition, lifestyle and philosophy) and then summarize these books in easy-to-digest, 20 minute audio .mp3’s or very short 5-6 page .pdf’s with the biggest ideas, summaries and most important takeaways. So in less than 6 months, I easily made it through the 400+ books on their site, often while I was hoisting dumbbells, walking in the sunshine, or driving in my car. So you get more wisdom in less time. You can click here to get into Optimize now for…brace yourself…the shocking sticker price of 10 bucks a month. Actually, I talked to the nice folks at Optimize and they’re even knocking a buck a month off if you click here and use code “BEN”.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf's inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: The Halo Sport Is My #1 Tool for Easily Boosting Performance :::
I consider the Halo Sport to be the most “dangerous” piece of training equipment I own; it allows me to push my body and brain to levels I’d never be able to reach on my own. It not only puts you in the zone but makes you relatively impervious to extreme workout discomfort. It’s almost unfair. I train with it 1 x per week and I swear by it. Listen to my podcast episode with Halo Neuroscience, the makers of this powerful tool for biohacking your workout and during our discussion, you will discover:
-How transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) stimulates your brain…
-Why workouts and skill acquisition actually feel easier after you “shock your brain”…
-The pro athletes currently using the Halo and what they have reported for results…And more!
Halo is massively dropping the price on their technology just for you! The importance of the brain in training is truly remarkable. Try it for yourself and realize the benefits of neuro priming. Use code: GREENFIELD here to save.
::: Paleo f(x)™ 2019 Early Bird Tickets :::
Paleo f(x)™ is the biggest Paleo gathering in the world. If you’ve never attended, it’s the perfect place to become inspired and empowered to take your health to the next level. Throughout the weekend, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to:
::: Save 10% on Alms Bio Liposomal Glutathione with CoQ10 and PQQ :::
I have often preached about the benefits of perhaps the most potent antioxidant for longevity, reducing oxidative stress, fighting auto-immune disease, caring for your skin and appearance and much, much more. The antioxidant in question? Liposomal glutathione. If you are seeking an extremely potent formulation of glutathione specifically formulated to support antioxidant of free radicals, support enhanced and appropriate cellular energy, and support mitochondrial health and biogenesis of new mitochondria – powerhouses of the cells. Save 10% with code “BEN”.
– August 17 – 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. See you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
You've tried everything. You're at your wits end. You've counted every calorie. You've hit the gym every day before work. But those pesky pounds you want to lose to meet your health and performance goals won't go away. Fat loss can be a tough nut to crack. These are two tried and true strategies to shed that stubborn weight: https://goo.gl/JWomwA
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Sunday, July 29, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I gave you a snapshot of how I “biohack” workday. I run the NanoVI which generates DNA repair water, use PEMF to rehab my knee, and of course blast myself with my Joovv light… Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Featured Product: Kion Colostrum
Feed your gut “nature’s first food” with Kion Colostrum—made from premium grass-fed, pasture-raised, and antibiotic/hormone-free milk.
Colostrum has been shown to improve athletic performance, reduce gut permeability, and support lean mass maintenance. In addition to growth hormone, immunoglobulins, and proline-rich polypeptides—which play important biological roles vital to proper health and immune function—Kion Colostrum also contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids.
Quantities are limited, and this stuff sells out fast, so pick up some today at GetKion.com! Use code BEN10 to save 10% on your first purchase.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!