August 31, 2018
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Book I'm Intrigued With: Bioregulatory Medicine
As a pre-med student who wanted to be a doctor, spent hundreds of hours in college in physician's clinics, hospitals and surgical wards “shadowing” docs and eventually wound up getting accepted to six medical schools (but opted to instead dive into the fitness industry), I'm still pretty enthralled with medicine. As a matter of fact, up until launching Kion a couple years ago, I still had thoughts of going back to school for a degree in natural or alternative medicine! So any book on advanced alternative medicine tactics or retreats like this that I'm leading in the Swiss Alps next year definitely pique my interest. This latest read of mine, a book called “Bioregulatory Medicine“, doesn't come out until November, but you can pre-order it now on Amazon and it's a wonderful, wonderful treatise of a host of medical tactics I was previously unfamiliar with. It introduces a model that has proven effective for decades in other more forward-thinking developed countries, including Switzerland and Germany – a model based on the fact that our bodies have many bioregulating systems, including the cardiovascular, digestive, neurological, respiratory, endocrine, etc. and that use of natural healing methods to support and restore the body’s intrinsic self-regulating and self-healing mechanisms (as opposed to simply treating symptoms with integrative therapies) can provide disease prevention and early intervention of illness through noninvasive diagnostics and treatments. The book incorporates the use of over 100 different non-toxic diagnostics and treatments from around the world, and forward-thinking patients and integrative practitioners alike will dig this one, I think. Grab it here from Amazon.
– Dessert I’m Obsessed With: HaloTop
If eating an entire pint of dairy-free, vegan ice cream only costs me about 300 calories and brings me extreme enjoyment at the end of the day, I'm all in. Sure, everything in moderation, but considering it's been over a decade since I've bought ice cream from the frozen foods section of the grocery store, I was overjoyed (and admittedly felt stupid being so slow on the uptake) to find HaloTop ice cream on a hot day in Florida a couple weeks ago. My wife and I destroyed a pint while lying in bed watching a dodgeball competition on the hotel TV (not joking), and I've mowed through four additional pints/flavors since then. My favorite flavor thus far is “Peanut Butter Cup”, which contains: coconut milk, prebiotic fiber, organic cane sugar, erythritol, peanut butter, rice protein, vegetable glycerin, pea protein, natural flavor, organic carob gum, organic guar gum, high fat cocoa, sea salt, organic sunflower lecithin, organic stevia leaf. Not too shabby. And I must say, when topped with a frozen Kion bar chopped or broken into chunks, it is an absolute culinary nirvana. Bon appetit. Order HaloTop from Amazon here or find at your local grocery store frozen foods section. May I also recommend “Cinnamon Roll” and “Oatmeal Cookie Dough” as additional mind-blowing flavors.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: Kion Labor Day Sale! Save 20% On Your Order with Code LABORDAY20 :::
My company, Kion, is having a Labor Day Weekend Sale. Save 20% on your order from our website with code LABORDAY20 at checkout. Some exclusions apply…Don't forget free shipping is available on domestic U.S. orders $100 and up…offer expires Monday night Sep. 3, at 11:59PM MST. Try Kion Aminos, Kion Coffee, or the all-new Kion Clean Energy Bar! Shop now.
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Probably the best sleep tips ever (see #24 especially): https://t.co/XjXGgbENjq
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) August 28, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
Here Are 11 Ways To Biohack Light To Optimize Your Body & Brain—-Chris Masterjohn, PhDLighting Science…
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I showed you how I combine HVMN ketone esters with Kion Aminos for a satiating, energizing, very low calorie elixir that keeps me going for hours. Holy moly! Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
I created the *NEW* Kion Clean Energy Bar because, unfortunately, most energy bars are HORRIBLE: full of sugar and starch, which can cause dreaded sugar crashes. Or, if the sugar is removed, it’s often replaced with nasty artificial sweeteners that kill gut bacteria and cause neurotoxicity.
Each and every tasty bite of the Kion Clean Energy Bar gives you the guilt-free confidence and guarantee that you're biting into:
- a clean-burning bar that will “hold up” under rigorous conditions of people living hard-charging, high-achieving lives…
- a low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein bar with zero dairy, zero whey protein isolate, and instead contain a clean hypoallergenic protein source…
- a bar that is low in lectins and free of gluten, saponins and other notorious gut assailants…
- a bar that has plenty of minerals and electrolytes along with perfect amounts of fiber to keep you from getting the notorious “energy bar constipation…”
- a bar that supports recovery with sufficient levels of all essential amino acids and antioxidants, without excess protein that can result in gut issues…
- a bar that contains just enough carbohydrate for liver and muscle glycogen restoration and appetite satiety, without sugar crashes…
In short, Kion Bar will give you all the nutrients, minerals, deliciousness and appetite satisfaction that you desire in a bar, with none of the harmful ingredients. Try Kion Clean Energy Bar today.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!