May 18, 2019
Q&A Episode 397
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the button at the bottom of the page (or go to SpeakPipe), or use the Contact button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app. Click here for some tips on how to have the best chance of having your question featured on the show!
– Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
Here's where I'm speaking and traveling around the world coming soon.
– May 29, 2019: Community Talk on Stem Cell Procedure, Charleston, South Carolina. Sign up for an exclusive, semi-private event featuring myself and Dr. Craig Koniver of Koniver Wellness. The lively discussion will take place at Tradd’s downtown over dinner in a private room for 80 guests. Sign up here!
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic. Register here!
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: BEN10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you’ll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here’s the link to more info.
– August 3, 2019: Spartan Sprint at the LA Stadium, Los Angeles, California. It’s Rally Time, Los Angeles. The Big A. Angel Stadium. Whatever you call it, this place is legendary. Now, Spartan is headed to this historic ballpark for an epic Stadion course. Get ready to take on 3 miles and 20 obstacles through nearly every part of the stadium. Sign up here!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here. Sign up here!
This podcast is brought to you by:
– Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.
– Organifi Red Juice: Enjoy all the benefits of the 11 superfoods and their micronutrients that help increase resting metabolism, support cardiovascular health, and remove toxins to turn back the hands of time! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code: BENG20
– Vuori: Activewear and athletic clothing for ultimate performance. Vuori is built to move and sweat in, yet designed with a West Coast aesthetic that transitions effortlessly into everyday life. Receive 25% off your first order when you use the link Vuoriclothing.com/Ben
– Policy Genius: Whether you’re an insurance expert or a newbie, Policygenius created a website that makes it easy for you to compare quotes, get advice, and get covered.
The Effects Of CBD On Cortisol…33:10
Q: I've been working on anxiety and nausea and am trying to do it naturally. I was working on supplements and CBD oil for high cortisol. I went to an endocrinologist and it turns out I have low morning cortisol. I thought CBD oil was helping me a lot, but now I'm having second thoughts. What do you think?
How To Recover Faster…50:45
Q: I'm a 32-year-old female facing ACL reconstruction with my hamstring and a meniscus repair. What supplements or vitamins would you recommend that will help promote healing in addition to healthy eating and physical therapy I'll be doing?
Which Artificial Sweeteners Are OK To Consume?…1:02:20
Q: I'll be starting the Gaps diet shortly, specifically for the first 2-week intensive “intro diet.” Just wondering if things like NutriSweet can have a negative effect. I eat sugar-free gum a lot and drink Diet Coke from time to time. Just curious if these things will undermine the process.
How To Get Carbs On A Carnivore Diet…1:16:18
Q: I just listened to the podcast on the Carnivore Diet, and it made my jaw drop. I was wondering how someone training for an Ironman triathlon who's just learned about this new information, and who consumes a lot of vegetables, can implement a Carnivore diet and still take in carbs while training for the event.
Giveaways & Goodies [1:20:15]
– This week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!