September 9, 2021
Andreas Wecker, my guest on today's podcast, is a former German gymnast who had a long and successful career.
A European, World, and Olympic champion, Andreas's greatest achievement was the gold medal on the high bar at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. There, he beat gymnasts of such caliber as Vitaly Scherbo and Alexei Nemov.
In 1989, Andreas was named the last East German Sportsman of the Year. He also competed for the SC Dynamo Berlin/Sportvereinigung (SV) Dynamo. Andreas qualified for the German team for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Just days before his events, he suffered a serious shoulder injury where he tore a bicep muscle in his shoulder. Injured and processing the revelation that his career was on indefinite hold, Andreas followed a rigid six-week recovery plan before pushing ahead to tour as a professional gymnastics exhibitionist. Like many other athletes, he found himself dependent on a combination of painkillers, aspirin, and coffee to cope with the lingering pain and get him through practices and performances.
In what has become an all-too-familiar story of drug dependence, Andreas's dependence on painkillers went on for 14 years—until he finally stepped away from his athletic pursuits in 2004. When he tried to stop taking the pills, Andreas noted an immediate, rapid deterioration in his health and well-being.
Over a six-week period in 2006, Andreas lost 45 pounds and 80 percent of his blood supply. Soon admitted to the hospital, doctors diagnosed Andreas with Crohn’s Disease (CD). In the following weeks, he received eight blood transfusions and immediately began a treatment plan, with hopes of reversing his body’s decline. After nearly two months in the hospital, Andreas realized that the 33 pills he was taking every single day were not improving his condition. Defeated, he acknowledged that the pills only temporarily alleviated some of the most severe symptoms.
Despite struggling with feelings of defeat, Andreas knew this could not be the only cure. The treatment plan was causing his body to rapidly change and progressively weaken. Without some sort of miracle, the next step would be major surgery to remove large portions of his digestive tract.
As Andreas saw it, he had three options:
-Die from Crohn’s Disease
-Die from the medications
-Find another option entirely
Andreas confided in a friend whose family member was also suffering from Crohn’s, and this friend mentioned an alternative that involved using fresh-pressed flaxseed oil. Intrigued and desperate, Andreas decided to try it. He began supplementing his prescribed medications with fresh-pressed flaxseed oil. Within a short period of time, he was surprised to find the pain and inflammation notably relieved.
He decided to take a chance. At the age of 36, Andreas made the brave choice to check himself out of the hospital and do something drastic to change his life. Armed with flax seeds, coriander, and a five-seed blend, Andreas began taking this combination of supplements daily. Over the next weeks, as he reduced the number of pharmaceutical pills he took every day and continued taking the flaxseed oils, the side effects from the medications wore off. After three months of supplementing, he stopped taking the prescribed medications for Crohn’s Disease entirely. Changes to his diet, combined with the fresh-pressed flaxseed oil, changed Andreas’s approach to managing his health problems. The improvements in his condition testified to the flaxseed oil’s successful repair work on his body.
Today, Andreas is the chairman and founder of Andreas Seed Oils, headquartered in Bend, Oregon, and distributed through his office in Germany. Andreas has now been pressing the world’s purest oils for over 11 years. Through his proprietary German Cold-Press technology, these oils are pressed at ultra-low temperatures to eliminate oxidation and maintain their molecular integrity. This technology is so delicate yet powerful that each seed’s nutritional molecules remain undamaged and intact, resulting in the purest and most effective oils instantly absorbed by the body. Andreas Seed Oils are entirely free of any metals, solvents, pesticides, or preservatives.
In today's podcast, we take a deep dive into Andreas's oils, how they are different, how to use them, the difference between seed oils and vegetable oils, and much more!
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-How Andreas was “slowly dying” due to a mysterious CO₂ leak in his home…05:40
- There was a gas leak in his home for 3.5 years
- The flame looked funny on the stove; the landlord had the wrong gas burners installed
- 8.6 level (usually 0-0.2)
- Get a gas leak detector in your home
-How a gymnastics injury led Andreas onto the path of consuming seed oils…08:20
- Podcasts with Joe Distefano:
- Top two sports to prepare for fitness: gymnastics and soccer
- Gymnastics is incredibly hard on the body
- Andreas took painkillers for 14+ years; pain always associated with inflammation
- Stopped painkillers in 2004 cold turkey, which resulted in serious gut problems
- Lost 45 pounds and lost 80% of his blood in 4-6 weeks
-Problems with the seed expeller at your local Whole Foods…14:30
- An expeller press uses friction and pressure
- Higher temperatures that result destroy enzymes in the seeds that are being pressed
- Metal from the machine gets ground down, ends up in the pressed seeds that are consumed
- Friction causes oxidation
-How a mechanic (not an engineer) literally changed Andreas's health for the better forever…19:45
- The oils from Andreas's presser actually taste like the seeds they come from
- Fresh-Pressed Olive Oil club
- Podcast with T.J. Robinson, “the olive oil guy”
- Andreas holds patents on the specific technology for this type of presser
- The patents were granted just a few weeks ago, now he can make them commercially available
- Soon after taking flaxseed oil, Andreas was able to get off his extensive meds
- The medical system is not able to give natural ways to solve problems in the body
-Healing properties of Andreas's flaxseed oil on the gut…25:05
- “Insanely inflammatory”
- 4x more Omega-3 than Omega-6
- Doesn't require refrigeration when it's stored in Miron glass
- A 4-year-old bottle tasted as fresh as when it was new
- Produce can be labeled “fresh” for as long as 5 years after it's harvested
- Flax seeds come from Kazakhstan
- Soviet bloc countries never had money to spray chemicals on their crops, so their soil is cleaner than other parts of the world
- Kion Omega
- KavaPlex by Andreas Seed Oils
-Why Andreas's products are not labeled “certified organic”…36:05
- No one from the USDA wants to fly to the locales where the seeds are grown to certify the soil as organic
- Even Certified Organic crops are allowed to use certain pesticides (or be grown near crops that are sprayed)
- Filtering oils can damage the molecular structure of the oil
- Immense pressure from pressing tons of seeds affects the efficacy of the oils
- Strained, but not filtered oils
-Benefits of cooking with seed oils…42:00
- Sunflower seed oil is the best cooking oil in the world
- Sesame seed oil is great for stir-fries
- Most Asian women enter menopause later due to eating foods cooked in sesame oil
- Some of the non-cooking oils are great on salads
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Fennel seed oil
- Five-seed oil
- Trigger the body to heal itself with the right information, i.e. putting the right stuff in it
- The only cold-pressed, certified organic hemp oil on the market
- Pumpkin seed oil is a great parasite killer
- CBD oil that is also good for pets
- Tech exists to press even mushrooms
-What's coming down the pike seed oil wise…50:36
-The best oils to begin with if you're unfamiliar with oils…53:10
- Black cumin oil in water builds ATP
- Five-seed oil
- 100 Reasons Why Black Seed Oil Is The Remedy For Everything But Death
- Milk thistle oil is great for the liver
- Any black seeds protect organs
-And much more…
Resources from this episode:
– Andreas Wecker:
- Andreas Seed Oils
- Sunflower Seed Oil
- Sesame Seed Oil
- Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Fennel Seed Oil
- Five Seed Oil
- Black Cumin Oil
- Milk Thistle Oil
- PrestOrganics CBD Hemp Oil
– Podcasts And Articles:
- Kettlebell Yoga, The Best 5 Cardio Machines You Can Use, How To “Reset” Your Body With An Adventure & Much More!, with Joe DiStefano.
- Digital Detoxing, Travel-Proofing Your Immune System, Underground Body Weight Workouts & More With Joe DiStefano.
- What Olive Oil Should Taste Like, The Scary Truth About Olive Oil, Can You Cook With Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Much More!, with T. J. Robinson.
– Other Resources:
- Kion Omega
- Fresh-Pressed Olive Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Expeller Press
- Mythbusting 101: Organic Farming > Conventional Agriculture
- 100 Reasons Why Black Seed Oil Is The Remedy For Everything But Death
- Join me and my wife Jessa at Runga for The Gathering. Click here to grab one of the very limited spots we have open to the public for The Gathering at Runga (October 7-9, 2021).
- Las Vegas Keto Expo (October 15-16, 2021). Ben will be speaking at the Las Vegas Keto Expo along with 13 other keto experts. The first 300 guests to register here will get a free drink chip for the poolside party and a free t-shirt.
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldfitness.com/calendar
–Kion Flex: The ultimate recovery formula, Kion Flex is a bioavailable blend to support joint comfort, mobility and flexibility, and bone health.
–The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes.
–Water and Wellness: The best solution for clean and safe drinking water. Water and Wellness also offers an amazing line of essential water additives such as Quinton Marine plasma which contains over 78 trace minerals and elements from the ocean to help restore your biological-terrain. Get 15% off your order when you use discount code GREENFIELD.
–Seed Daily Synbiotic: A formulation of 24 unique strains, each of which included at their clinically verified dose, to deliver systemic benefits in the body. Save 15% off your first month's subscription when you use discount code BEN15.