October 27, 2018
I've been getting a lot of questions lately about the mysterious molecule I consume before I eat bread and pasta – a compound that allows me to digest gluten without any of the “bathroom decommissioning” that so notoriously occurs after a hefty bout of gluten consumption.
After all, I don't want to not eat bread or pasta for the rest of my life. I find them enjoyable.
But due to glyphosate exposure from pesticides and herbicides, stress, a leaky gut and other modern assailants that make gluten a bigger issue than it ever has been in human history, I use a bit of better living through science to make gluten digestible.
In today's podcast, I interview the inventors of Gluten Guardian – Matt Gallant and Wade Lightheart – the guys who first appeared in the podcast “Probiotic Enemas, Digestive Enzyme Myths, Breathing 10 Kilograms of Oxygen, Low-Protein Diets & More!” and later in my article “How To Take Digestive Enzymes“.
Matt Gallant is an entrepreneur, a poker champion, an ex-rock guitarist, a serial entrepreneur (who's built 13 companies in the last 20 years) strength and conditioning coach with a degree in kinesiology, the CEO and co-founder of a company called BiOptimizers.
Wade T. Lightheart, host of the AWESOME Health Podcast, 3-time All Natural National Bodybuilding Champion, advisor to the American Anti-Cancer Institute and Cofounder of BiOptimizers. He is also the author of several books including the best-selling books, “Staying Alive in a Toxic World” and “The Wealthy Backpacker.”
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-Why Matt eats between 6-10,000 calories every Sunday…7.36
- For the calorie spike.
- One meal per day for 6 days.
- A combo of healthy and regular food.
- Matt feels great afterwards.
- He takes the day off from training.
-Why we should be cognizant of our gluten intake, even if we don't have celiac disease…10:30
- New England Journal of Medicine listed 55 diseases that can be caused by eating gluten.
- Many times we're not aware of these diseases; can be immune, neurological and psychiatric.
- Differences between wheat germ in the gluten and gluten itself.
- Different type of protein.
- Both are resistant to digestion.
- Can make the gut more permeable. (Leaky gut)
- Amylase/trypsin inhibitors come packaged with gluten – specifically wheat.
- What about other factors to leaky gut such as stress and glyphosate.
- 4x increase in celiac disease; traced to glyphosate interrupting the digestive process.
- Will continue to increase due to the exposure to glyphosate.
-The use of enzymes in the preparation of food to increase its palatability…18:10
- In a perfect world, you'd be eating pre-digested food primarily.
- You use enzymes to assist with breaking food down.
-Do Matt and Wade recommend any panels for evaluating gluten sensitivity or gluten cross-reactivity?…20:30
- Anti-tissue transglutaminase or endomysial antibody.
- Recommend Cyrex.
- Helps you know if other foods such as coffee or quinoa are exacerbating your level of gluten intolerance.
- Also testing gliad and peptide antibodies.
How does gluten negatively affect the brain?…24:00
- Inflames the brain by causing an auto-immune response.
- Antibodies intended to protect your body actually attack your body.
- During the digestive process, gluten can be broken down into proteins similar to psychedelic drugs.
- Has an addictive quality.
- Overloads the brain with glutamate.
- Irritates and damages brain cells.
- Negative impact on your social life.
-What Wade REALLY thinks about Monsanto…29:50
- They were written into protection against lawsuits by federal law during the previous administration.
- Demonstrable evidence of their products causing damage to the body.
- Has been bought out by Bayer.
- Food has essentially been mutated, much to our detriment.
- Destroy livelihoods of small farmers.
-The product Matt uses to pre-digest gluten before you even eat it…37:00
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4, also DPP-4.
- Dissolves bread placed in water in 15 minutes (watch the video below)
- You take it while you eat.
- Does DPP-4 actually mitigate symptoms of gluten intolerance?
- Depends on the dosage.
- Can be taken as late as the day after eating.
- Citrusy foods have been found to inhibit DPP-4
- Breaks down various hormones in the body such as insulin.
-Does DPP-4 have any effect on foods not containing gluten?…45:00
- Milk proteins, but not milk sugars like lactose.
- Good idea to add DPP-4 if you have a plant-based diet.
- Just mix and match until you find the right combination for you, and for the right meals.
- Safe for children to ingest.
-More on Matt and Wade's diet and workout regimen…49:50
-How do HCL and hydrochloric acid work with Gluten Guardian?…54:55
- Plays a supportive role
- Stomach acid decreases after the age of 35
- Simulates the effects of apple cider vinegar
- Optimal time to take is before bed or first thing in the morning, rather than meal time.
-Matt plays “myth busters” with colonizing properties of probiotics…58:41
-Special offer from Matt and Wade…1:04:15
- Get 10% off your order of Gluten Guardian when you use code: GREENFIELD at www.glutenguardian.com
- 365-day unconditional money-back guarantee
- Brand new offer: “we'll fix your digestion guarantee”
Resource from this episode:
-Cyrex blood panel for gluten allergy
-Book: Grain Brain
–GAINSwave utilizes sound waves to optimize sexual performance and reverse the effects of ED. Purchase 6 treatments, and get the 7th treatment for FREE.
–Omax Discover Omax3, the 93.9% pure omega-3 supplement developed by Yale-affiliated scientists. Use my link and you can try an entire box for FREE, plus get 60% off your first month's supply.
–Thrive Market Organic brands you love, for less. Get your favorite Organic & Non-GMO brands delivered to your door! Get 25% off your first order when you use my link.
–Primal Cold Make the cold your secret weapon with next-level cold gear. Enter code “ben” at checkout and receive 15% off your order!
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Matt, Wade or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!