December 8, 2018
I’ll always carry with me fond childhood memories of waking up every morning to the unmistakable scent of roasted green coffee beans and rushing downstairs to greet the big freight trucks that would arrive in our driveway jam-packed with burlap sacks from Guatemala, Costa Rica, Tanzania and beyond.
My Dad, a serial entrepreneur, decided to take a deep dive into the coffee business just about the point I was becoming a teenager.
So as you can imagine, by the age of 13, I was a tiny little coffee connoisseur myself. And at the ripe ol’ age of 21, during my time at University of Idaho, I worked as the manager of my parents’ coffee shop, “Bucer’s Coffeehouse & Pub” in Moscow, Idaho as well as a French bakery down the street serving chocolate croissants accompanied by piping hot cups of designer coffee.
Fast forward to present day and coffee continues to be a huge part of my life. I suck the stuff down like hydrogen-enriched water and am now selling my very own organic coffee through my company Kion.
So, today, I’m going to dive deeper into the subject of coffee than I’ve ever dived before in this ultimate coffee podcast that will teach you everything you need to know about coffee health, including the latest lab results on which coffee came out on top as the healthiest when tested against 46 of the world’s top coffee brands.
In this “solosode” podcast, you'll also discover:
-The top recently researched benefits of coffee…5:45
- NYT reports that coffee drinkers may live longer
- JAMA article: Association of Coffee Drinking With Mortality by Genetic Variation in Caffeine Metabolism
- Drinking coffee may contribute to a longer lifespan.
- 2017 study on the connection between coffee and a longer lifespan
-Reasons coffee may contribute to a longer lifespan…9:25
- Strong correlation between increased coffee consumption and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Regular coffee drinkers have 20% decreased risk of stroke.
- Coffee has polyphenols
- Over 1000 studies have linked coffee to cancer prevention
- Caffeinated coffee profound decrease in risk of breast, prostate and liver cancer.
- Caffeinated coffee correlated to reduced risk of Parkinson's disease.
- Decreases risk of depression
- My podcast with Dr. Sanjiv Chopra on the health benefits of coffee
-When to be careful with your coffee intake…15:45
- Avoid addiction. Switch to tea from time to time
- If you're a slower caffeine metabolizer
- If you're pregnant
-How the health benefits of coffee are compromised through packaging and processing…18:15
- The vast majority of coffee companies do not package their product touting the health benefits of coffee
- 5 problems to watch out for:
- Most coffee cherries are doused with pesticides and chemicals
- Even organic coffees use substandard beans
- Coffee beans often develop mold in the production process
- Roasting process often chars the coffee beans. Burns away health benefits.
- It's stale; sits in the store for 6-12 months before being purchased.
-What we tested for in each of the coffees we tested…27:00
- Level of roasting (We used an Agtron spectrophotometer)
- Mold and yeast (fungi)
- Ochratoxin A (OTA)
- Bacillus cereus
- Pesticides (Only 3% of coffees are certified organic)
- Chlorogenic acids
- “Cupping” score (quality)
-The results of our comprehensive coffee test…36:40
-How to do a coffee enema…40:47
- My article on coffee enemas
- What you'll need:
- I use around 30 oz. of coffee.
- Cool it. (Ideal is room temperature)
And much more!
Resources for this episode:
–The Kion Daily Life Bundle Ben Greenfield and Team Kion’s Go-to, Everyday Essentials!
- Kion Aminos Tablets
- Kion Bar (12)
- Kion Coffee
- Kion Lean
–GainsWave Firmer, more resilient erections. Take it from me, IT WORKS! Get a free treatment when you purchase 6 treatments using my link.
–JOOVV Enhance Your Health with Light Therapy. Try the brand new JOOVV Go. Get a free gift with your purchase when you use my link.
–Omax The purest Omega 3 supplement in the world. Get 60% off your first order, free shipping, and a 60-day money back guarantee.