August 10, 2019
Q&A Episode 401
Here's where I'm speaking and traveling around the world coming soon:
– September 12 – 15, 2019: RUNGA Immersion, Napa Valley, California. I attend this total mind-body reboot retreat each year with my wife, Jessa, to connect with a handful of friends and YOU can one of them! I would love if you could join me at this retreat. Click here for details on this incredible event!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here!
This podcast is brought to you by:
– Ben Greenfield's upcoming book, Boundless. The most comprehensive, research-based blueprint that has ever been written. Three years in the making, Boundless covers everything necessary for complete brain, body, and spirit optimization. Go to BoundlessBook.com for updates on when it will be released!
– Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations, Kion blends ancestral wisdom with modern science. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners, receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.
– Organifi Gold: A new take on an ancient secret: Pain-soothing herbs, incredible antioxidants, and phytonutrients all in one delicious, soothing “Golden Milk” nighttime tea! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code: BENG20.
– ButcherBox: Delivers healthy 100% grass-fed and finished beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door on a monthly basis. All their products are humanely raised and NEVER given antibiotics or hormones. New subscribers will receive 2 LBS of FREE wild-caught Alaskan salmon + $20 OFF their first box by going to Butcherbox.com/Ben
– Birdwell Beach Britches: Quality is our Gimmick isn’t just our slogan, it’s a commitment we honor with every stitch we sew. 100% money-back guarantee. Get 10% off your order, PLUS free shipping on any order over $99 when you use discount code: BENG.
Can Genetic Testing Tell You How To Exercise & Eat?…27:40
Kathleen asks: Have you heard of a company called ID Life? It does genetic testing to determine how you should exercise and what you should eat. It's relatively new technology so I want to know whether or not it's legit.
Tips To Increase Your Power & Speed…39:30
James asks: I'm a 35-year-old basketball player. I play once or twice a week and I'm trying to increase my vertical jump and lateral quickness. I'm interested in what type of exercises or rep ranges you'd recommend in order to do that.
Should You Eat Carbs In The Morning Or The Evening?…51:45
Charlie asks: I'm a competitive distance runner and I typically train in a fasted state first thing in the morning. I consume a post-workout meal usually within 30 minutes of finishing my run, which is in line with what you've recommended in the past. But I think I may depart from your advice just a bit by including carbs in my morning meal. I've experimented with putting off carb consumption until the evening, and my energy levels throughout the day haven't been to my satisfaction. While my main focus is performance, I was hoping to hear your thoughts on what tradeoffs from a health and longevity standpoint I might be facing by introducing carbs early in the day. Do you have any thoughts on how I might modify my routine?