October 4, 2019
Susan Bratton is a sex and relationships expert who first appeared on the podcast in the episode “Sexual Biohacking With Scream Creams, Testosterone Replacement, Multiple Orgasms, Vaginal Stimulating Devices, Salad Dressings For Better Erections & More!”
Her fresh approach to sex techniques and bedroom communication skills help millions of people—of all ages and across the gender spectrum—transform sex into passion. Her straight-forward lovemaking advice is rooted in her personal experience of watching her marital intimacy wither as she and her husband pursued dynamic careers. When her relationship hit a crisis point, Susan made a fierce commitment to doing whatever it took to hold her family together and revive the passion in her marriage. Today, she and her husband have the kind of dream relationship most people stopped believing was even possible—until they discover her practical tips. After 15 years and over 30k hours of research, practice, teaching, and testing, Susan distilled the six simple essentials that ignite passionate lovemaking into her latest #1 international best-selling book, Sexual Soulmates. I also recently appeared in Susan's wildly popular “Sexual Vitality Summit” to discuss natural testosterone enhancement methods for men.
In this special two-part episode, I'm going to dish out to you my top sixteen bedroom and sex biohacking tips, then turn things over to Susan for her solosode lecture on Libido, Desire and Arousal!
In this special episode with Ben and Susan, you'll learn…
-Ben Greenfield's bedroom and sex biohacking tips [3:00]
- Weightlifting specifically for one's genitals
- Get the right amount of sleep
- Watch your body fat %
- Overnight fasting
- Train for testosterone
- Control your stress
- Eat adequate calories (slight surplus)
- Eat more carbs at dinner
- Eat adequate protein
- Hydrate properly
- Increase androgen receptor density
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Red light therapy
- Cold therapy
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF)
- Sex-specific exercises
- Embrace masculine activities
- Book: The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
Libido, Desire and Arousal featuring Susan Bratton [23:20]
-Libido Desire and Arousal
- Libido is body-based
- Desire is relationship-based
- Arousal is when the two come together
- Arousal Ladders
- Relaxation, Sympathetic and Parasympathetic
- Bullseye Touch
- Seduction (Small Offers, Erotic Vigilance, Vision, Vulnerability)
- Lightswitch vs. Fire “She Never Initiates” Transport Her
-Understanding our genital anatomy
- ED, Premature ejaculation, painful sex and anorgasmia
- Yoni Massage
- Crossing the ‘Gasm
- Orgasm is a learned skill
- Penetration orgasms
- Sexual soulmates are co-created
-The 6 essentials to connected sex are:
- Soulmate Pact
- Embodied Sexuality
- Erotic Playdates
-The Sexual Soulmate Pact
-15 Types of Male and Female Orgasm
-Supplements: Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A is essential for both male and female sex hormone production.
- Vitamin B3 is necessary for short, intense bursts of energy and the sexual flush that increases blood flow to your genitals and intensifies your orgasm.
- Vitamin B6 is a libido enhancer…
- Because it helps in controlling elevated prolactin. It also aids in estrogen and testosterone function, as well as the production of red blood cells, serotonin, and dopamine. For men with low sperm count, Vitamin B6 has been shown to help increase these levels.
- Vitamin B12 heightens your sex drive…
- Which enhances erectile function by enlarging blood vessels. It also stimulates the secretion of histamine needed for orgasm.
- Vitamin C is important for the synthesis of androgen, estrogen, and progesterone…
- That are involved in your sexuality, fertility, and aiding in arousal.
- Vitamin E increases blood flow and oxygen to your genitalia…
- It also is a key player in the production of your sex hormones to give you that sex drive boost.
- Magnesium helps in the production of androgen and estrogen that regulates libido…
- This mineral has documented aphrodisiac effects that can improve your libido and sexual performance. It also helps to calm and relax you so that you can have an increased sex drive.
- Selenium is essential to sperm production…
- Nearly half, 50%, of the selenium in your or your partner’s body is in the testes and seminal ducts.
- Guys lose selenium in their semen when they ejaculate.
- The importance of Selenium is its role in the antioxidant activity of Vitamin E, the “Sex Vitamin”.
- Having optimal levels of Selenium is essential for your virility.
- Zinc is required for the production of testosterone and the production of sperm…
- Healthy testosterone levels in both men and women are important to a healthy sex drive.
- Zinc also aids in prostate health.
- Your prostate has a large amount of zinc, which helps regulate prostatic fluid.
- When there is a deficiency of zinc this hurts your prostate.
- Without a healthy prostate, you can’t have a healthy sex life.
- Studies show that women with greater sex drive have higher levels of testosterone.
- To increase your testosterone, add zinc to your diet.
- Zinc blocks the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen.
-Aphrodisiacs: Ancestral Wisdom + PubMed
- Maca root powder 1.5 – 3 g a day (really great for those on SSRI’s)
- Significantly helps with libido compared to placebos
- Does not interact with hormones
- Helps with ED and needs at least two months to build up in the system.
- Cacao -30g cocoa powder or 40g dark chocolate with 75% cocoa content – epicatechins and flavonoids support NO
- Yohimbine -do not use with anti-depressants such as MAOIs or Tricyclic anti-depressants, no for anxiety, no for heart issues
- Tonkat Ali, longjack, Eurycoma longifolia is a fertility enhancer, supports hormones, 300 mg of a 100:1 extract concentrated for eurycomanone daily – preferably in two separate doses.
- Tribulus Terrestris libido and hormone production 300 mg
- Fenugreek Methi Ayurvedic increases libido and sexual satisfaction. Causes bodily fluids to smell like maple syrup. Has coumarin, a blood-thinning compound contraindicated for those on warfarin. Take fenugreek standardized for 300 mg saponins.
Resources from this episode:
– Susan Bratton's Sexual Vitality Summit
– Book: Sexual Soulmates: The 6 Essentials For Connected Sex by Susan Bratton
– JOOVV for red light therapy
– MagSRT (magnesium) by Jigsaw Health
– Lost Empire Herbs -herbs for men's health and testosterone support
– My new book that has a hefty section on sex, love and relationships – Boundless: Upgrade Your Brain, Optimize Your Body & Defy Aging
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Susan or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!