July 31, 2011
Every week, over at the Quick & Dirty Tips Network, I release an easy-to-read article, a short 5-10 minute podcast and a video packed newsletter focused on quick and highly practical fitness tips. It's called “The Get-Fit Guy's Quick & Dirty Tips To Slim Down & Shape Up”.
The Get-Fit Guy topics include everything from weight loss to strength training to sports nutrition. Several months ago, I told you about the Top 10 Most Popular Episodes of Get-Fit Guy, but since then, I've released several dozen additional topics – so here are the top 10 recent and most popular body transformation lessons from Get-Fit Guy:
1. How to Tighten Loose Skin After Weight Loss – when you read this article, be sure to check out the comments underneath. There were some interesting discussions generated from folks who had lost significant weight, were struggling with loose skin, and needed solutions.
2. Which Exercise Machine Burns the Most Calories? – this episode also goes into some tips for using exercise machines properly, and is focused on cardio machines only, like bicycles, rowing machines, elliptical trainers, etc.
3. What to Eat Before and After Exercising – I have mixed feelings about this episode. I originally wrote it as a primer for pre and post-workout nutrition, but since I have written it, I have made significant modifications to my recommendations, which you can read in the free Rock Star Triathlete Academy article “Putting the Pre & Post Workout Nutrition Debate Into The Grave” , and also listen to in Podcast Episode #73 of David Warden’s Tri-Talk.
4 .Which Workout Burns the Most Fat? – this is a rock-solid exercise program that I highly recommend for maximizing weight loss. Incidentally, it's also very good for athletes who need to build cardiovascular capacity and strength at the same time.
5. Top 10 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight – this episode, along with #6 below, are perfect if you are trying to lose weight and nothing seems to be working. It will allow you to do some detective work as to why your body is not responding to what you do.
6. How to Get Off a Weight Loss Plateau – this is a good episode to review along with #5 (above) if you are not losing weight the way that you want to. As a companion to this episode, I'd recommend the Nutrition Diva's episode on How To Break A Weight Loss Plateau, which goes into calorie cycling in detail.
7. What Causes Cellulite? – this is a must-read or must-listen, along with #8 (below) if you struggle with dimply, cottage-cheese like fat that appears on your thigh, butt, etc. I'm going to warn you that I'm pretty straightforward about what causes cellulite and how to get rid of cellulite, so don't expect any magical fixes. But what I do teach you in these cellulite episodes does actually work.
8. How to Get Rid of Cellulite – see above.
9. 10 Tips for Proper Gym Etiquette – Whether you're brand new to the gym, or not quite sure what the “rules” are when you're working out at a health club, this is a valuable episode to insure you're not annoying people or embarrassing yourself when you workout.
10. Do Weight Loss Supplements Work? – Yes, they do. But not like you think they do. Check out this episode if you want to make sure you don't waste money on fat burning pills, capsules and powders.
Since I put out so much content over at Get-Fit Guy, I realize that all those episodes, articles and newsletters can be a bit intimidating to sift through, so I want to give you the easiest website to go to for navigating all the tips: just click here to check out all the Get-Fit Guy Episodes, including podcasts, podcast shownotes, and previous Get-Fit Guy newsletter episodes. You'll also see an iTunes button over there that lets you automatically subscribe in iTunes, along with a free newsletter sign-up option.
If you have questions, or topics you'd like to see covered in these quick 5-10 minute podcasts or articles, just leave your feedback and comments below!