March 25, 2011
Earlier this week, you learned how to slow-carb cook with a tasty recipe from my friend Chef Todd. If you missed that slow carb video, you can click here to check out “How To Slow Carb Cook”.
In today's video, you're going to learn 10 easy steps to low-carb cooking, and how to cook another tasty low carb recipe: shrimp and egg stir fry!
Chef Todd's basic sauté procedure is the fastest and easiest way to get dinner done:
1) Heat your sauté pan until drops of water dance and evaporate immediately.
2) Add some type of fat or oil to the pan, but only enough to barely coat the bottom.
3) Heat the fat until it changes from perfectly smooth to getting swirls and lines to it. This is the indicator that it’s just about to break down and smoke.
4) Add aromatic ingredients like onion, garlic, ginger, or peppers.
5) Add protein ingredients like shrimp, chicken, beef, pork, or even tofu.
6) Add a flavorful liquid to the pan like broth, cream, or even coconut milk
7) Add steamed vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, carrots, string beans.
8 ) Add more protein like beans, eggs, avocados, or spinach. Or, add carbohydrates like rice or Asian noodles.
9) Portion onto your plate and garnish with sesame seeds, crushed cashews or sliced peppers.
10) You’re done in less than 10 steps.
Chef Todd has tons of healthy cooking methods that I’d highly recommend you check out. You can actually get a completely free cooking class from him, and I guarantee you’ll pick up a ton of new tricks just like the slow-carb cooking tip in this post. Just click here to go to Chef Todd’s Web Cooking Classes website!