April 16, 2020
I recently read the book Regenerate: Unlocking Your Body's Radical Resilience through the New Biology and have to admit that it was one of the most mind-blowing books I've read all year.
“Regenerate” elegantly incorporates concepts about food, supplements, recovery, biohacking, energy medicine, ancient wisdom, and many other concepts contained in other books I've read into one extremely well-written and thorough title.
Modern medicine and human health are at a critical crossroads, and the truth is that you (not your genes) are in the driver's seat. You are the one who gets to make informed decisions on how you use and nourish the evolutionary miracle that is your body.
Combining analysis of cutting-edge scientific findings with our deepest ancestral wisdom and health-promoting practices, Sayer Ji—author of Regenerate, founder of GreenMedInfo, and my guest on today's podcast—offers a time-tested program to help prevent and manage the most common health afflictions of our day: cancer, heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases, and metabolic syndrome. His “New Biology” concept explains why biological time is not a downward spiral and how chronic illness is not inevitable when you implement nature's resiliency tools, including information such as:
- The fascinating new science of food as information…
- The truth about cancer and heart disease screening and what real prevention looks like…
- How to reverse the most common forms of degeneration using food-based approaches…
- How the body extracts energy from sources other than food, including water and melanin…
- How to make sense of conflicting dietary recommendations and out-of-date food philosophies…
Encoded within every tissue of your body is your ability to regenerate. You'll learn in this episode how you can unlock your radical resiliency with a roadmap for diet, exercise, stress reduction, and the cultivation of the environment in which you choose to live.
Sayer Ji is the founder of GreenMedInfo, the world's most widely referenced evidence-based natural health resource. Founded in 2008, GreenMedInfo provides the world an open access, evidence-based resource supporting natural and integrative modalities. He is also CEO and co-founder of Systome Biomed, vice chairman of the National Health Federation, steering committee member of the Global GMO Free Coalition (GGFC), a reviewer and editor at the International Journal of Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine.
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-The history of GreenMedInfo…8:00
- Personal interest in natural interventions; Sayer had health issues as a child
- People in his community were looking for the type of info he provides
- There's a need for validated, third party research
- Assign a numerical value to the quality of an article
-The role of exosomes in regeneration…14:06
- All cells in living beings secrete virus-like particles
- These carry genetic information; are inter-species communication tools
- Exosomes are carrying micro-RNA; can be consumed in our bodies via certain plants
- Angiosperms (plants) co-evolved with animal life; explains why some foods can transform one's health
- Foods that contain these exosomes:
-Whether these exosomes can be consumed via meat rather than plants…21:54
- Any living thing will produce the exosomes with powerful genetic information
- Plant defense mechanism is an argument against drinking cow milk
- Foods have varying degrees of defense mechanisms built in
- Lectins, specifically wheat lectins, are “invisible thorns”
- Can inhibit pancreatic cancer
- Generally speaking, it's inflammatory
- Chitin-binding lectins (what wheat lectin is)
- People take glucosamine to block the action of the lectins (N-acetylglucosamine)
-How genetic modification of plants alters the RNA or exosomes…26:30
- In 2017, the EPA discreetly approved Dow and Monsanto RNA interference GMO (RNAI corn)
- Small RNAs in grains that are being tinkered with by companies
- When we consume them, there is molecular homology with human genes
- Sayer predicts adverse effects on human health
- Monsanto's research shows an overlap in gene structures with human cells
- Hundreds could be silenced by consuming the GMO corn
-The problem with cow's milk…35:52
- Sayer had asthma as a child; went into remission with the removal of cow milk
- Bovine exosomes can carry some unwanted immunoregulatory cargo
- A2 milk, goat milk, camel milk, etc. is increasingly popular
- Changes in jaw structure, posture due to forced mouth breathing as a result of congestion from consuming cow milk
- Titanium dioxide is added to raw milk
- Gandhi: those who eat only plant material get sick; add a bit of milk
- A one-time investment (in goats for example) can pay off big returns for a long time
-Why chicken soup is the best medicine…42:05
- Tamiflu is extremely toxic; neuropsychiatric side effects
- Profound effects on biomarkers of immunity
- Bone broth is the new title of chicken soup
- Kettle and Fire bone broth (use code GREENFIELD for 10% off)
- Whole organic chicken
- Toss bones with water, ginger, herbs, spices in Crock Pot
- Epigenetic inheritance system
- Just the right amount of indispensable ingredients to our survival
-The link between apples and water…45:37
- BGF podcast with Gerald Pollack
- Structured water (H3O2) (use code BEN15 for 15% off)
- Apple pectin saved the lives of children in the wake of Chernobyl disaster
- Immortal cell is found in apples
- Polyphenols and genetic information that's vital to health
- 1 apple a day is equivalent to one statin drug
- Book: Peak Human by Joel Green (book title changed to The Immunity Code)
- Apples omit protein and fats we need; introduces cellular autophagy
- Concern about fructose; only proven in a hypercaloric state
- Very difficult to overeat apples
- If you understand true hunger, it resets your way of relating to food; access to a different type of energy
-Why Sayer is a fan of ginkgo biloba…55:33
- Ginkgo trees survived the bomb at Hiroshima
- GreenMed Info has much research on ginkgo biloba
- How to harvest and consume:
- Ginkgo toxins (take additional Vitamin B6)
- Leaf extract is popular
- 180 conditions studied on GreenMed Info
- Roger Drummer puts ginkgo in TianChi
-What human photosynthesis is and how we can take advantage of it…59:40
- Book: Human Photosynthesis by Arturo Herrera
- Book: Melanin, The Master Molecule by Arturo Herrera
- Article on painted turtles and melanin by Arturo Herrera
- Chlorophyll-rich diet
- Chlorophyll-rich diet fed to animals, increased ATP production
- We're “photoheterotrophic”: in-between autotrophic plants and animals
- Melanin can take photons of sunlight and split into four electrons; used to generate ATP
- Think twice before applying sunscreen
-Compounds that enhance melanin consumption…1:04:27
- Four Sigmatic Chaga
- Methylene Blue (use modestly and only pharmaceutical grade)
- Nicotine drops
- JOOVV panels
- Infrared sauna
- Melanin may transform non-native EMF into usable energy
- Naturally occurring plutonium in Himalayan salt
-What Sayer would do if he found out he had cancer…1:08:47
- Understand role of cancer stem cells
- 1 in 10k cells is a stem cell that's capable of creating new tumors in the body
- Conventional treatment is weapons-grade: reduces size, but increases number of tumorous stem cells
- Overdiagnosis is a problem
- 2013, NIH found that 1.3 million women had breast removed due to false understanding
- Toxicants and biologically incompatible foods are the root cause
- Focus on food as the medicine
- Pay attention to sourcing of food
- Regenerate the biosphere
-What Sayer's typical daily diet looks like…1:13:50
- Compressed feeding windows; intermittent fasting
- When it gets dark, stop eating
- Staple meals:
- One smoothie for superfoods, berries, coconut milk, etc.
- Paleo diet, add in more fruits and veggies than other paleo dieters
- Organ meat capsules
- U.S. Wellness Meats (use code GREENFIELD for 15% storewide – Offer good for up to 2 orders per customer)
-And much more…
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
Resources from this episode:
– Books and Articles:
- Regenerate: Unlocking Your Body's Radical Resilience through the New Biology
- The Human Photosynthesis by Arturo Herrera
- Melanin, The Master Molecule by Arturo Herrera
- Article on painted turtles and melanin by Arturo Herrera
- Peak Human by Joel Green
- Is All Water The Same?
- How To Treat Cancer With Chinese Medicine: What Happened When Chinese Herbologist Roger Drummer Got An “Incurable” Cancer.
– A2 milk
–Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations, Kion blends ancestral wisdom with modern science. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners, receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code BEN10.
–Organifi Gold: A new take on an ancient secret: Pain-soothing herbs, incredible antioxidants, and phytonutrients all in one delicious, soothing “Golden Milk” nighttime tea! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code: BENG20.
–Beekeeper's Naturals: A wellness company specializing in innovative nutraceuticals made from healing hive compounds and plant-based ingredients. Get 15% off your order when you use discount code: BEN
–Magic Spoon: A brand new company that has reimagined all your favorite childhood breakfast cereals. Low carb, keto-friendly, ZERO sugar, and tastes just like you remember. For free shipping on your order at Magic Spoon, use discount code: BENGREENFIELD
32 thoughts on “Exosomes, RNA, Chicken Soup, Sunlight & More: Sayer Ji & Ben Greenfield Discuss How To Regenerate Your Body & Unlock Your Radical Resilience Through The “New Biology.””
I would love to know sayer thoughts on ginko biloba fpr vertigo. I have vertigo for a few years now (it started after accutane) and even though i eat healthy AF, exercise, blablabla its doesnt go away! Actually it did during pregnancy and breastfeeding but the moment i started to ovulate it returned full force. Read that ginko biloba may be beneficial…
Says “ Titanium dioxide is added to raw milk” above, should that not say added to commercial milk ? as nothing is added to raw milk.
Truly enjoyed this interview with Sayer Ji. I especially appreciate the recap in outline form, which has always been my method of taking notes during lectures, meetings, etc. Thank You.
So interesting to hear him talk about exozomes being similar to viruses. This is two links to a doctor called Dr Andrew Kaufman where he goes deeper into this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Xr8Dy5mnYx8 watch this one first
https://youtu.be/TXargSbVp7E watch this one secondly
He points out that the test being used to test for Covid – 19, the rt pcr test does not test for Covid – 19 it tests for genetic material, IE exozomes. The inventer of the test Karry Mullis even said the test should not be used to test for viruses….
So lots of people will be getting tested positive because we have exozomes naturally in the body, which can be brought on by fear also.
This whole thing is a scam to transform our economic system and bring in mandatory vaccinations. Wake up people.
Ben, you should try and get Dr Andrew Kaufman on the show.
Keep up the good work.
Wondering if you would be willing to do a podcast with Dr. Shiva who is running for Senate. He is very knowledgeable in regards to health and wellness and seems like an amazing person to have in our government. You have such a strong and intelligent following I believe they would enjoy listening to him as well as help get his name out there. Here is a link to an interview he recently did on CV. https://www.brighteon.com/56b58b77-b030-4a40-a5e8-c9321fd8bb94 (sorry this is unrelated to the podcast!)
I appreciate your consideration!
Hey Ben, I interviewed Dr. Arturo last year. You can check it out here
This is very interesting. I’m going to make sure to listen your interview. Dr. Arturo’s work is next level. So good it is finally getting the penetrance it deserves. :)
Sayer cannot seem to answer a direct question. He uses a lot of words without saying much. Really hard to get anything useful out of what he says. Thank you for deciphering what Sayer said.
Greetings Mary! I’m sorry I may have been inarticulate. Can you please let me know what I can do to respond to your inquiries? I was on the road the past few days, and I was asked to come in and respond. I wish I had been here earlier. You can also reach out to me directly [email protected] Best regards
first a big thank you for all the information you make available to everyone all over the world ( who has internet).
I would like to know if these nanoparticles in carrots etc. also work after being cooked or only when they are eaten raw.
Thanks again, Christine
Hi Christine! Great question. The exosomes are remarkably resilient, and the research I have reviewed indicate many of them do resist degradation from heat. In fact, the first article to demonstrate the incredible fact that “food talks to our body” via exosomes was a rice feeding study in humans in 2011. Cooked rice, of course, goes through high temperature, and the exosomes were still very much intact, including their microRNA: Here’s more information on the topic: Amazing Food Science Discovery: Edible Plants ‘Talk’ To Animal Cells, Promote Healing https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/amazing-food-science-discovery-edible-plants-talk-animal-cells-promote-healing
Ben Greenfield, have you listened to Ari Whitten’s podcast #189 on the Energy Blueprint’s webpage where he interviews Dr. Scott Antoine regarding the potential use of methylene blue to treat COVID-19? Ari has also written a book about Red Light Energy.
Hi. Unable to play podcast. Tried a number of ways to listen, there isn’t a ‘play’ option. I listened yesterday for a bit and wanted to finish today. Unable to access.
Is it me or is there a problem?
Ben – do you have a pointer to research about cows milk and jaw issues/ congestion/ Sinus infection etc?
Greetings David! I know your question was for Ben, but I wanted to share with you a database I created to index research on the adverse effects of cow’s milk products here: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/toxic-ingredient/cow-milk
I hope that helps. Best regards
I’ve been eating mostly Lectin-Free for 2 years. However my gut sis not heal. I’ve been months on a journey (including a Viome test), that keep coming up with more clues but no progress.
I listened to Sayer Ji’s recent multi-day event and had only dismissed buying his book because of his embracing lectin-laden foods.
And yet, my body/mind kept saying ‘apple pectin’. Pectins, collagen and bone broth have all been helpful, but I believe they are only mitigating symptoms. I knew that for whatever reason in the past good Swiss cheese and an apple really helped with my stools (would love to figure out the science there), so I had reintroduced apples recently.
But I heard enough in this interview that I’m willing to give his book a try.
Footnote: I am working with a nutritionist now who has identified my predominant issue as candida (fungal dysbiosis). I’m on a phased protocol of supplements over several months (I’m only 2 weeks in).
Greetings Paula! Interestingly, before I even created GreenMedInfo.com, back in 2007, I had a website called PatientHealThyself.com, and my featured article was called “The Dark Side of Wheat,” (https://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji) which went deep into the rabbit hole of lectin-related issues. I’m sorry I did not address this topic in greater depth in the podcast. In my article, Opening Pandora’s Bread Box: The Critical Role of Wheat Lectin in Human Disease, I go deeper into the topic: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/opening-pandoras-bread-box-critical-role-wheat-lectin-human-disease Also, I address this issue in even greater depth by identifying “grain” and “gluten free” foods that still have so-called chitin-binding lectins identical to WGA from wheat: Rice, Potato, and Tomato May be as Inflammatory as Wheat https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/rice-potato-tomato-may-be-inflammatory-wheat
I share this because I want to communicate how much I agree with you that lectins are a problem. That said, I have come to understand that context is everything when it comes to nutrition, and while a lectin, in isolation may be a problem, some lectins actually are highly therapeutic, i.e. some lectins kills the most aggressive cancer known, namely, pancreatic cancer. And so, I no longer believe that books like The Plant Paradox are nuanced enough to address the reality of individualized nutritional needs. I hope that makes sense. Best regards
Thanks! I loved this podcast.
Also ordered from Beekeeper’s Naturals!
Appreciate the discount!
Regarding knees the late Dr.Bernard Jensen used to recommend Goat’s Whey (there used to be a product called ‘Whex’).
I love many of your products and of course follow the podcasts. Currently, one can take a “Summit” on many health/wellness/personal growth topics….and yet…..something I feel (because it impacts my lifestyle and 90% of those that are in my tribe) hasn’t been addressed in a useable format is osteoarthritis – specifically knees…..which impacts every fiber of my life and so many of those around me…..I have lived in ski resorts for 30 years so my demographic is highly active even as we age. Would you consider addressing this topic? Is it covered in your new book? Do you have sources, resources, products to suggest. I appreciate you for all that you do! Cheers, Adele PS: I have put off both knee replacements – who wants 6 pounds of nickel cemented into their body? I already do a lot on the upside of things: BEMER, yoga, tai chi, highly supplemented (but perhaps I am missing a key ingredient or 2), biomat, Low level laser, micro-current, topicals……YIKES!
I am with you on the knees. If I could find a supplement or something my yoga, swimming, hiking, could be so much more consistent. I know I could live a lot longer. Also body stiffness in the morning. FYI I stay away from all dairy.
Hi Robert..Do you take Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM, Curcumin, Systemic Enzymes, Probiotics…All of that may be very helpful and you have to really hit…like all of that 3 or 4 times a day….worth a try…Suma G Nathan, Holistic Health Practitioner, Certified Planetary Chinese Herbologist, Strength Trainer, Rock & Roll dancer, pioneering in Holistic since the 1960’s going on 83 yrs young and a fan of Sayer Ji
I would also like to know about the knees. After lots of use with tennis, walking and hiking, I’ve been taking curcumin, glucosamine with MSM, probiotics, doing Physio with follow up exercises, etc., yet still having trouble with one knee. The orthopedic surgeon says it is just wear and tear and to be expected at 55yrs old. I don’t believe that and certainly don’t feel old but I would like some suggestions for this knee. Thanks.
I really enjoyed this episode. I follow the content that you (Ben) and Sayer put out so it was great to hear you discuss topics together. I think you have the same understanding on many topics but come from completely different backgrounds which makes it interesting to hear you discuss. Would love for you both to discuss more topics together.
Thank you Bethany! I love Ben’s work and attitude towards life, and would love to come back on in the future. : )
Interesting episode. The nicotine website might have some of the worst product photography ever, but I will still try. I was hoping this dude would talk more about his beautiful glowing hair more. Keep these podcasts coming!
Hello Ben,I just wanted to ask to give me some tips in order to fix my anterior pelvic tilt and thank you very much.
Yeah man, anterior pelvic I’m sure it’s most likely caused because sitting around too much and not moving incorporating any such movements for every 25 minutes
Hey Joey! I am a movement specialist who works with pelvic positioning day in and day out. Regaining neuromuscular control of the core and glutes can help fix the anterior tilt. I would love to help you out! Shoot me an email [email protected]
Check out Painfixprotocol.com
I know this is probably missing the point, but it stuck out to me enough that I had to mention. In your ad about bees, you mentioned they’re not animals, they’re insects. All insects are animals. I know this is small but it bothered me to my core, and I had to get it off my chest. I enjoyed the episode though!