February 13, 2021
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…11:30
- New drug reverses age-related mental decline *within days*! Read about it.
- Am I the only one who thinks this is CRAZY?… a proposal to give us patches that make us allergic to meat and smart drugs that make us want to have fewer babies, all for “climate change” management.
- Fascinating how they're engineering our food these days.
- 115-year-old “oldest living man” says: “I always stayed in the fresh air and went barefoot everywhere. I slept out of doors in the summer. And I would drink milk and eat cheese and potatoes.”
- Oh, hooray – more sex makes you live longer! (at least, if you're a naked mole rat) (see conclusions)
- In the most recent longevity biomarker study, HIGHER LDL-P levels were protective against death and myocardial infarction
- Want to build muscle? Get STRONG first
- Researchers find how to stop muscle mass loss as you age (kind of interesting because bodybuilders have been using post-workout arachidonic acid for years to do this same thing!)
- This study backs up what I've been saying for a long time: One of the best ways to build muscle is to maintain high blood levels of essential amino acids (EAAs), particularly during training sessions
- That charcuterie plate and glass of wine just might be extending your life.
- Farmers Juice (use code BEN to save $5 off any order)
- Is Juicing Healthy, The World’s First Keto-Friendly Juice, Everything You Need To Know About Cold Pressed Juices, Juice Fasts & More With Farmers Juice Founder Junaid Kalmadi.
- Kion Aminos
- Ketone Ester
- Drug Reverses Age-Related Mental Decline Within Days – UCSF study
- Sigma Aldrich
- Arachidonic Acid Supplement on Amazon
- Biohacking Muscle Growth: How To Maximize Anabolism & Muscle Hypertrophy Using Targeted Delivery Of Nutrients To Muscle Tissue During Exercise, With Professional Bodybuilder Milos Sarcev.
–Kion President's Day Sale is happening NOW: Time to stock up on your favorite Kion goodies! Right now during the Kion President's Day Sale, everything is 15% off, plus 25% off bundles and your first month of subscriptions. Use code PRESIDENTSDAY at checkout before Feb 15th at midnight to score these sweet deals.
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
This podcast is brought to you by:
–Podcast Notes: Fantastic, practical tips summarized from top health podcasts of 2020 Well worth paying for, and code BEN saves you 10%.
–Ra Optics: Purchase a pair of Ra Optics Day and Night Lenses to optimize sleep quality, energy, levels, and health in the modern, electrically-lit world. Receive 10% off your order when you order through my link.
–Lucy Nicotine Gum: If you are looking for a cleaner and tastier alternative to other nicotine products, then this product is for you. The gum comes in three flavors (Wintergreen, Cinnamon, and Pomegranate) and the lozenges in Cherry Ice. To save 20% on any order, just use discount code BEN20.
–Water and Wellness: The best solution for clean and safe drinking water. Water and Wellness also offers an amazing line of essential water additives such as Quinton Marine Plasma, which contains over 78 trace minerals and elements from the ocean to help restore your biological terrain. Get 10% off your order when you use discount code GREENFIELD.
Is Ritalin Healthy? (And Natural Alternatives To Ritalin)…59:06
Elle asks: I am a triathlete, I'm a Yogi, and I also have ADHD. I was prescribed Ritalin recently, which has helped me a lot, except that it's compromised the quality of my deep sleep. I have a very excitable parasympathetic nervous system. I do a lot of different yoga and different breathing exercises, transcendental meditation, and prayer to help reactivate my parasympathetic nervous system to balance it. However, I still have issues with my deep sleep. Aside from supplements, biohacks, breathing, yoga, and exercises, I was wondering if you could help me with this one. Thanks so much for taking the time.
In my response, I recommend:
- Adrenaline Dominance: A Revolutionary Approach to Wellness by Michael Platt
- Platt Pro 5% Progesterone Cream. All-natural and bio-identical. Paraben-free, Soy-free, MSM-free, and EDTA-free
- Finally Focused: The Breakthrough Natural Treatment Plan for ADHD That Restores Attention, Minimizes Hyperactivity, and Helps Eliminate Drug Side Effects by James Greenblatt
- Psychiatryredefined.org (~20 practitioners that have been through training by James Greenblatt, author of Finally Focused)
- Peak Brain Institute
- BGF podcasts with Peak Brain Institute:
- Ben Got COVID (& What He Did About It), How To Fix Issues With Your Brain, The “God Cap” For Neurofeedback, Do Home Neurofeedback Devices Work & More With Dr. Andrew Hill.
- How To Rewire Your Brain For Better Sleep, Reset Your Brain’s Tolerance To Marijuana & Alcohol, Fly Spaceships With Your Mind & Much More, At The Peak Brain Institute.
- Alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Muse Headband
What Your Pee Can Tell You About Your Body…1:10:30
Ben Pollack asks: Hey, Ben Pollack here from Pemberton, British Columbia. Thanks for all the hard work and the amazing information that you bring for us so that we can live an amazing life. My burning question is about pee. Sometimes when I pee it's foamy. Sometimes it's not foamy, and sometimes it's in-between. Is there something that pee tells us? And if so, what? Thanks very much.
In my response, I recommend:
Giveaways & Goodies
This week's top review….gets some Ben Greenfield Fitness swag straight from Ben! Click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
16 thoughts on “Q&A 424: Giant News Flash Episode Of Random, Shocking, Groundbreaking Information on Longevity, Muscle & More, Biohacking ADD & ADHD, Is Ritalin Healthy, & Much More!”
Regarding alternative treatments for ADD/ADHD, there is an evolving school thought in psychology that broad-spectrum micronutrient supplementation can have profound therapeutic benefits for the symptoms of ADD/ADHD. Leading researchers in the field are:
What do you get in a muscle loss contest? Atrophy
I couldn’t listen to the podcast because you guys keep cursing, but isn’t PUFA’s immunosuppresive effect a bad thing? I read the article itself but was trying to find how it linked to buidling muscle.
In case I’m blind, (possible!) I do not see where we can find out about the podcast “Reader’s Digest” consolidation of the best facts being currently presented through different podcasts. Please let us know what that link is.
I don’t see the link for your juice cleanse? Checked out their website as well and couldn’t find it. Good luck, sounds a little tough but I want to try it!
Aversion to eating sentient beings? Yes, of course.
Less humans being born? Yes, of course – we are overcrowded, there is no work for them to do and people have children with no regard for their future. if you cannot afford to educate children properly, you shouldn’t have them because they are destined for a miserable life. To educate costs a fortune, either in fees or (preferably, in my view), a fortune in lost earnings if you have a house full of books educate them at home.
I can be critical of Ben’s podcast and have been. Then he comes out with this one, which I’d have to say is pretty darn good. Lot’s of interesting information you can use and check out.
Get the good stuff and forget or ignore the stuff that common sense tells you is loony tunes. . The take-home message is separate the “wheat from the chaff.” It’s well worth listening to the Podcast. There is good info to be had.
LOL. Thanks, I think. ;)
You pussy. Scared to address your inability to stay committed to your aversion of vaccines? Scared to address the way you flip flop on issues like virus theory and terrain theory? Must be bad for business, hu, Ben? You are what is wrong with this country. At a time when we need you to speak up the most, you cower in fear of losing customers.
wow! That’s harsh and does not take into account the fluidity of learning and the human capability to change opinions as new data, new information comes forth. It is said that medical discoveries and studies change medical trajectory every five years. So political waffling ought not be confused with learning and Ben’s resultant change of opinions. We don’t know what we don’t know. You Joe, seem to think Ben’s opinions ought to be set in stone.
Science should always be questioned. This doesn’t seem to be the podcast for you, please take your negativity somewhere else.
Is there any EAA supplements you recommend