February 3, 2022
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…
Great parenting tips on gracefully handling conflict and discipline (this is based on the Love & Logic parenting approach my wife and I use)…08:08
Why early food variety is so important for babies; the “flavor window” concept…15:42
- Movement snacks throughout the day, like pushups and squats, actually make you SMARTER (I have 5 different movement snack menu options in my book Boundless too!)…19:53
- The association between handgrip strength and anti-aging/longevity strikes again in two recent studies here and here. Do those pullups, deadlifts, and dead hangs, folks…23:16
- Sure, as this study shows, Vitamin C & E plus cryotherapy is a potent recovery stack, but I don't recommend that you do it post-exercise (as the study authors note). Instead, wait a few hours so your body can mount its own inflammatory response…30:37
Does cannabis help or hurt sleep? Appears to be highly subjective…32:45
Great overview of melatonin and a few things you probably didn't know, including what happens if you take it during the day…35:50
Correlation does not equal causation, and here are a bunch of quite entertaining examples of that…40:37
- Othership app
- Ketone Aid
- HVMN ketone ester (use code BENG to save 10%)
- Kion Aminos
- Feel Free (use code BEN40 to save 40%)
- Tru Kava (use code BEN to save 10%)
- Dr. Thomas Cowan's vegetable powders (use code BEN to save 15%)
- Serenity Kids (use code BEN to save 15%)
- BFR Bands
- Kaatsu bands (use code BEN to save 10%)
- Vasper machine
- Ben's book Boundless
- Conscious Breathing by Anders Olsson
- Jet lag Rooster app
- Fleet Street Clinic
- BGF podcast with Kusha Karvandi:
- Vielight Alpha (use code GREENFIELD to save 10%)
- Kion Immune
- Vitamin E
- NSCA Journal
- Dr. John Lieurance's MitoZen Scientific (use code BEN to save 5%)
- BGF podcasts with John Lieurance:
- The Shocking Truth About High-Dose Melatonin, Does Melatonin Supplementation Shut Down Your Own Production, How To Use Melatonin To Enhance Fasting & Much More With Dr. John Lieurance.
- The Crazy Future Of Medical Biohacking: Skull Resets, Suppositories, Nasal Sprays, Nebulizers, Sound Therapy & More With Dr. John Lieurance.
- Spurious Correlations by Tyler Vigen
- Six Senses Retreat Portugal (March 7 – 11, 2022)
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldlife.com/calendar
–The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes. This is your roadmap to a culinary journey that includes ancient food and wild game preparation tactics, biohacked smoothies, meat rubs, cocktails, desserts, and beyond—without any restrictive diet, limited ingredients, or tasteless “health foods”! Order yours today here!
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Listener Q&A :
Q: Ways To Hack The Dolphin “Chronotype”…48:31
In my response, I recommend:
- Books by Michael Breus
- The Four Chronotypes: Which One Are You? – article by Michael Breus
- Human Charger (use code BEN20 to save 20%)
- Re-timer glasses
- Light box for seasonal affective disorder on Amazon
- Protein-rich breakfast: 20-40g of protein
- Apollo wearable
- BGF podcasts with Dr. David Rabin of Apollo Neuroscience and Scott Donnell of Hapbee
- A Whole New Way To Deal With Stress, Trauma & PTSD In Just Seconds: The First Clinically Validated Wearable That Helps You De-Stress, Focus, Sleep, Stay Energized & Remain Calm.
- A New, Drug-Free Biohack To Finely Tune Your Emotions, Sleep, Relaxation, Energy, Focus, Calm & More: The Hapbee With Scott Donnell.
- Portugal Six Senses retreat in Portugal
- Melatonin (use code BEN to save 5%)
Q: How Important Are Detoxification and Rest Periods?…54:27
In my response, I recommend:
- Detox thru “omission” rather than commission
- No volatile compounds in the house
- “Clean” household chemicals and personal care products
- Thru “commission”
- Weekly coffee enema
- Daily 12-16 hours fasting for natural autophagy clean-up
- 4-5 times a week in the infrared sauna for deep sweat
- Trampoline in the mornings for about 5 minutes for lymph flow
- 4-5 day extended fast every quarter (only bone broth or vegetable juices or juice fast)
- BGF podcast with Shawn Wells:
- Once a week after you wake up:
- Glutathione (use code BENGREENFIELD10 to save 10%)
- Coffee enema
- Activated charcoal (after one hour)
Q: Should You Use Eye Protection With Red Lights? Plus How To Track Micro and Macros With a CGM…1:01:45
In my response, I recommend:
- Levels Health CGM (skin the waitlist and join Levels today here)
- BGF podcasts and articles on CGM:
- A Rocket Scientist Homeschooler’s Insider Blood Glucose Monitoring Secrets, The Best Way To Use A Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM), Blood Sugar Biohacking Tips & Much More!
- What Your Glucose Levels Can Teach You About Your Overall Health (5 Areas Beyond Post-Meal Response Where Glucose-Monitoring Can Give You Insight).
- The Best Way To Test For Ketosis & Track Your Blood Glucose.
- Red light therapy for eye health:
- The eye (retina) has the highest concentration of mitochondria in the body
- The eye has the highest metabolic demand in the body
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
–Qualia Mind by Neurohacker: You can get up to 50% off Qualia Mind right now, plus an extra 15% off your purchase with code BGF.
–Kion Colostrum: With winter in full swing, it's a great time to start taking colostrum as immune insurance.
–Ketone IQ by HVMN: One Bottle of Ketone-IQ contains ten servings designed to be taken daily in the morning to elevate your ketone levels.
–Thrive Market: Organic brands you love, for less. Your favorite organic food and products. Fast and free shipping to your doorstep. Receive a 40% discount off your first order and a free gift.
10 thoughts on “Q&A 440: The Ultimate Guide To Grip Strength & Longevity, Ben’s Latest Parenting Tips, Movement Snacks, Cannabis For Sleep & Much More!”
I have been using my new Joov for several months now and have not received a solid answer on wearing sunglasses or not during a session. It personally does not bother me to do without but I don’t want to be damaging my retinas. Any suggestions or advice?
I discuss this here 👉🏼: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZsk_BMlspO/ 🔴
Anyone know what cannabis test Ben was talking about? I’m really curious.
This might help: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/ben-recommends/l…
I dont see it listed. Please share the CBD text link. Thanks.
Yes. Please share. Thank you.
I am not seeing the link for information on where to get tested for the CBD/THC/ cannabis substances that are most effective based on your genetics. Is someone from the Ben Greenfield team able to post that?
I am curious if your use of the Feel Free affects your drive. I have been using it and I really love the psycological effects but I’ve noticed a descrease in drive and performance so I had to stop taking it. I am a healthy 33 year old with good test levels. The only thing that changed was the Kratom used. Any input or feedback on dealing with this would be appreciated! Thanks.
Awesome show! Always on point with the topics discussed! If you got a question just listen to an episode and you will find your answer! Keep going Ben!