May 10, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– How I Eat The Majority Of My Organ Meats On A Largely Carnivore Diet
If you listened to my podcast episode with Dr. Paul Saladino, then you know one of the biggest weakness of a carnivore diet in terms of nutritional deficiency is the absence of a “nose-to-tail” approach that includes a variety of organ meats. But let's face it: many of us don't have ample amounts of liver chunks lying around the house or a relationship with a local butcher who will hook us up. Me (and my twin boys) eat plenty of organ meats (they have theirs scrambled with eggs, me fried up on a cast-iron skillet) by consuming the mouth-watering sausages from USWellnessMeats. You'll swear you're eating sausage and bacon, not liver, tongue, heart, and beyond.
My two items of choice that I regularly order are their “braunschweiger” and “head cheese”. The braunschweiger is a 60/40 mix of grass-fed trim and grass-fed beef liver. It comes in a fully cooked, one pound package and is ready to slice and serve. The headcheese is a mix of grass-fed beef heart (15%), tongue (15%), and trim (70%) with a robust, smooth flavor. Both are totally free of soy, sweetener, dairy, MSG, additives, binders, and preservatives. Throw a few of their bone-in French cut ribeye steaks into the mix and you're golden. Bon appétit! Get 'em here, and use discount code: GREENFIELD for 15% off.
– Book That's Inspiring Me To Make More Sh*t With My Hands
Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World: I'm pretty dang handy at things like writing, music, and art, but haven't ever really been much of a craftsman (e.g. repairing my own car, building furniture, carving/woodwork, etc.). Lately, among other things, I've been wanting to convert my diesel truck to vegetable oil, build a tree fort with my kids, and help my wife finish her garage “Glamper” project and gardening.
The book “Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World” has been incredibly inspirational for me to meet our basic human desire to invent and improve, long suppressed by the availability of cheap, mass-produced products that have drowned us in bland convenience and cultivated our most wasteful habits. The author spent a year trying a variety of offbeat projects such as keeping chickens and bees, tricking out his espresso machine, whittling wooden spoons, making guitars out of cigar boxes, and doing citizen science with his daughters in the garage.
His whole family found that DIY helped them take control of their lives, offering a path that was simple, direct, and clear. Working with their hands and minds helped them feel more engaged with the world around them. He also reveals how DIY is changing our culture for the better and profiles fascinating “alpha makers” leading various DIY movements and grills them for their best tips and insights. This is a super fun read. Get it here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
396: The Myth About Antioxidants, Does Red Meat Really Give You Cancer, How To Make Coffee Healthier, And More!
This episode was brought to you by Joovv, Butcher Box, and ZipRecruiter.
How To Increase Free Testosterone, Elevating Deep Sleep Levels, Ideal Estrogen Levels For Women & Much More (Special Q&A Episode!).
This episode was brought to you by Organifi Red Juice – save with code: BENG20, Four Sigmatic Harry's Razors, and Kion
Click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of never-before-seen videos, audios, PDFs, and every past episode of the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast.
Articles Published By Me & Kion This Week:
Biohack Your Body For Muscle Gain & Fat Loss: Part 1 – Ben Greenfield’s Top Recommended Science, Gear & Tools For Building The Ultimate Human
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Give the Special Lady in Your Life the Gift of Glowing Skin this Mother's Day :::
I have no problem admitting I’m a bit vain. I want to look as good as I feel and have my skin’s appearance reflect the work I put into living well. The bad news is that many lifestyle factors, and factors outside my control, have contributed to a faster rate of skin aging and taken away some of my youthful glow. Surely you know what I mean! Whether or not we care to admit it, looking good makes us feel good from the inside out.
Have a lady in your life you love? Treat her to some of the most luxurious, organic, wild-crafted skincare products you will find from my friends at Annmarie Gianni Skincare. These products are natural, chemical free, and align with whole human health values, they smell absolutely incredible and most important of all, they are Jessa-approved!
Read a lot more about why I love Annmarie's products in this article I wrote, and send a special lady in your life a sample pack from Annmarie for Mother's Day for almost nothin'. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
Give Mom the Gift of Luxurious Skin For Mother's Day
Annmarie Skin Care crafts luxurious, organic, wild-crafted skin care products that will make Mom feel pampered. Send Mom a sample kit from Annmarie, get instant savings at this link and give her glowing skin this Mother's Day: http://bit.ly/2V3HW8T
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Monday, May 6, 2019
::: Enter to Win the Ultimate Biohacking Giveaway :::
I've teamed up with a handful of my favorite brands to get you tons of nifty things to help repair damaged skin, balance hormones, burn fat faster slow the aging process, and much more. The giveaway includes these items and many more:
- Joovv Light GO
- Primal Life Organics Oral Wellness Kit
- Lost Empire Herbs Pine Pollen Capsules
- Viome Test Kit
- Organifi Brain Health Bundle
- Kion Clean Energy Bar 12 Bar Box
ALL giveaway entrants will get 1 free pair of blue light blocking glasses (just pay for shipping). So whether you are beginning or experienced in optimizing your physical and mental performance, these resources will help you become the healthiest version of yourself.
The giveaway ends midnight on May 20th USA Pacific. Don’t miss out! Click here to enter.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– Listen to this Podcast Episode I was Featured on with Weston Price Foundation
– May 29, 2019: Community Talk on Stem Cell Procedure, Charleston, South Carolina. Sign up for an exclusive, semi-private event featuring myself and Dr. Craig Koniver of Koniver Wellness. The lively discussion will take place at Tradd’s downtown over dinner in a private room for 80 guests. Sign up here!
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: BEN10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you'll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here's the link to more info.
– August 3, 2019: Spartan Sprint at the LA Stadium, Los Angeles, California. It’s Rally Time, Los Angeles. The Big A. Angel Stadium. Whatever you call it, this place is legendary. Now, Spartan is headed to this historic ballpark for an epic Stadion course. Get ready to take on 3 miles and 20 obstacles through nearly every part of the stadium. Sign up here!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here. Sign up here!
Featured Product: Kion Clean Energy Bar
As a busy CEO, coach, professional athlete, international speaker, and top 100 podcast host—I needed a bar that would meet the intense demands of my lifestyle, while also satisfying my strict nutrition and purity requirements. I’m happy to say, THIS IS IT.
After years of habitually eating low-quality protein bars, I started having elevated blood sugar, gut rot, energy swings and toxins present in my blood tests. So I wanted to do something better. I wanted to learn how can a bar provide adequate amino acids for recovery without spiking insulin and glucose, or creating mTor and longevity issues from excess protein intake?
You're about to discover exactly how I did it. Meet the Kion Clean Energy Bar.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Flashback: this is from when I was 13 years old and decided I wanted to start my own tennis coaching business. For the next two years I wound up saving up quite a bit of money for college with this gig (along with paper routes, medical office work, teach… https://t.co/b9JoduqiQX pic.twitter.com/06eGF2AtuW
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) May 7, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
17 dangerous deficiency of the carnivore diet (hint: eating nose-to-tail from organic, sustainable sources eliminates most of these).Tap the link below to learn more.
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!