January 3, 2019
Dr. Matthew Cook, of Bioreset Medical, is one of the smartest, most cutting-edge physicians I've ever met, and this is part 2 of my amazing two-part interview with him, recorded from my home in Spokane, WA.
You can listen to part 1 at “Immortal Cells, Biohacking Pain, Killing Lyme, Stem Cell Confusion, How Ketamine Works & Much More With Dr. Matt Cook.”
During that first episode we discussed:
…how he's used the nootropic methylene blue to solve a difficult medical case…
…how he's upgrading stem cells to make them far more potent…
…how he's treating depression effectively in as little as 20 minutes with a special brew that includes ketamine, NAD and vitamin IVs (Dr. Cook is now even doing telemedicine “Ketamine Resets” – use code BENDEAL for a $250 discount)…
…how he's reversing musculoskeletal disorders using something called “hydrodissection”…
Dr. Cook founded BioReset Medical Corporation and as acting President, operates a Regenerative Medicine and Pain Medicine practice that offers leading-edge non-surgical solutions in orthopedic medicine, sports medicine, regenerative pain medicine, and stem cell medicine.
He is a board-certified anesthesiologist with over 20 years of experience in medical practice. Currently, Dr. Cook is President of California Anesthesia and Medical Director of the National Surgery Center, Los Gatos, CA.
Dr. Cook’s early career as an anesthesiologist and medical director of an outpatient surgery center that specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic procedures provided invaluable training in the skills that are needed to become a leader in the emerging fields of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound imaging, nerve hydrodissection, and stem cell medicine.
During this Part 2 discussion, you'll discover:
-Dr. Cook's Opinion on the use of beta blockers in preparing for performance…9:30
- Gave a talk to over 2,000 doctors early in his career
- Was given a beta blocker by an associate; Heart rate went down to 25 bpm.
- Never taken another beta blocker since.
- Sweet spot for everything.
- Biohacking too high or too low is problematic
- Has used beta blockers with anesthesia to calm the heart rate.
-Plasmapheresis, what Dr. Cook considers to be one of the “next big things” in the medical industry…11:58
- A method of removing blood plasma from the body by withdrawing blood, separating it into plasma and cells, and transfusing the cells back into the bloodstream.
- It is performed especially to remove antibodies in treating autoimmune conditions.
- It has also been studied as a treatment for neurocognitive and neurodegenerative problems like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- It’s kind of like an oil change in your vehicle.
- If there is systemic inflammation, often that inflammation is in the plasma of the blood.
- Different from parabiosis
- Same procedure as Dr. Mark Urdahl and I discussed on the podcast a few months ago. (Listen to the episode here.)
- Most people who seek plasmapheresis have serious conditions like Lyme, dementia, Parkinsons, etc.
- Effect on a healthy person:
- No negative effect. Nothing wrong with a thorough examination
- Length of the procedure: 2-3 hours, 1x/week for 6 weeks.
-Dr. Cook's thoughts on the use of cannabinoids in his practice…18:50
- We have cannabinoid receptors in our brains.
- Part of our nervous system is called the endocannabinoid system.
- Expect a surge of use in the next 10 years among health optimizers and chronically ill people.
- “Entourage effect”
- Unicorn: a company that is purifying cannabinoids and get all the solvents out
- Delta 8 THC vs. Delta 9.
- Rick Simpson Oil: highly potent
- What are terpenes?
- The terpenes are the flavor the smell and much of the effect.
- The effect of sativa or the effect of the indica is from the terpenes in that strain.
- Can be up to 100 terpenes in a strain. Can also control flavonoids…
- Unicorn can make them bioavailability
- We are going to be studying these blends
- Do you give a f*ck? Here's how to follow what's up with the Unicorn brand: http://unicorncannabis.net
-Dr. Cook's approach to dealing with gut issues…31:40
- Get a sense of symptoms
- Test for parasites, the microbiome, stool sample
- Food goes through the stomach, to small intestine.
- Small intestine is sterile
- Goes into large intestine, trillions of bacteria
- Parasites live in the small intestine
- SIBO: small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (Listen to my podcast with Dr. Michael Ruscio here)
- Anti-inflammatory diets
- Collagen, bone broth, colostrum is efficacious in healing the gut.
- Everything is fixable. “Bio Reset”
-What Dr. Cook likes and uses in his practice with peptides…43:55
- Peptide is a smaller version of a protein
- BPC 157 used in combination with stem cells and treating GI problems
- TB 500
- Thymosin used for chronic infections
- Peptides becoming common for treatment of chronic illnesses
- Immune over response and under response – Immune modulation
- Nootropic peptides: Semax, Selank
-What is “hyperthermia”?…51:22
- Used for treating chronic infections and cancer.
- Two options under consideration:
- High tech sauna
- Malarial treatment: German doctor discovered a way to cure malaria using hyperthermia in the 1920s after WWI.
-Dr. Cook's approach to treating Lyme disease…59:17
- Similar approach as to the gut.
- Tick-borne illness
- Effects similar to syphilis
- Step back, get broadest possible level. Full assessment
- food allergies
- pain in joints
- Neural Lyme
- What modalities have been successful?
-How Dr. Cook teaches other doctors in these practices…1:09:00
-And much more!
-BioReset Medical Telemedicine “Ketamine Resets” (code BENDEAL for a $250 discount)
–The Swiss Detox Retreat Ben is leading in summer 2019
–Organifi delivers quality nutrition to the world with delicious, easy-to-mix superfood drinks. Hundreds of thousands of women and men use Organifi products to sleep better, get their energy back and achieve their weight loss goals. Use the code here at checkout and receive 20% off your entire purchase!
-Christian Gratitude Journal Unlock the power of gratitude. When you introduce conscious, mindful gratitude into your day, positivity will begin to pour into your life – along with all the other scientifically proven physical, mental and spiritual benefits you’re about to discover. Get 20% off your order with coupon code: GRATEFUL2019 when you purchase 2 or more journals!
–Clearlight Saunas is increasing the prices on their saunas next month. So if you've been thinking of getting one, now's the time. Use coupon code: BENGREENFIELD and get the original pricing, plus free shipping within the U.S.