Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
A Total Upgrade To My Favorite Napping/Sleeping App
I first told you about NuCalm on the podcast episode “How To Simulate A Full Sleep Cycle In 20 Minutes, The Best Stress Biohack That Exists, Vagus Nerve Stimulation & Much More!,” then again on “The Best Biohack For Stress & Sleep (Simulates A Full Sleep Cycle In 20 Minutes While Blasting Away Stress & Giving You A Deep Meditative Experience).”
NuCalm is the world's first and only patented technology clinically proven to lower stress and improve sleep quality without drugs or side effects. Using a unique combo of biochemistry and physics, NuCalm flips the switch on stress with a safe, easy-to-use, predictable, powerful, and enjoyable experience. The cutting edge neuroscience platform of NuCalm took over 20 years of invention by neuroscientist, naturopath, and quantum physicist, Dr. Blake Holloway.
Now, after more than 4 years of research and development, NuCalm 3.0 is here! A more effective and more affordable version to serve the masses, NuCalm 3.0…
- Is stronger, more predictable, more powerful, deeper, and more restorative than ever before…
- Has more than double the neuroacoustic software tracks, with each track being better than anything they've ever produced…
- Includes an updated, easy to navigate, intuitive, informative (and nice to look at) app…
The new NuCalm app only asks you only two questions: “What outcome would you like?” and “How much time do you have?” As your energy level, mood, stressors, and availability fluctuate daily, so should your NuCalm neuroacoustic journey selection and session length. Each NuCalm neuroacoustic software track, within each user-driven journey, is categorized by need:
- RECHARGE: When you are short on time and short on energy. Think of RECHARGE as a concentrated version of the master NuCalm physics.
- REBOOT: When you need immediate stress relief, want to feel calm and grounded, or also want to feel creative and energized. REBOOT is longer in duration than RECHARGE, but shorter than RESCUE, as the physics paces you into low alpha and high theta ranges.
- RESCUE: When you are in need of deep restoration and recovery. RESCUE paces you into deep theta, which requires more time, and more sophistication. You can choose any time length you want, from 30 minutes all the way to 2 hours.
My favorite use for the new app? Either A) falling back asleep if I wake up at 4am-ish for an extra 90 minutes to 2 hours of solid rest; B) a 20-40 minute afternoon siesta that leaves me waking with drool coming out the side of my mouth, which is the ultimate sign of a good nap. If the $4,695 entry price stopped you from trying NuCalm in the past, you can now join the NuCalm family for as low as $19.99 a month. Just click here and the discount will auto-apply for you to get 65% off any monthly subscription or 25% off when you choose an annual subscription.
My Newest Guilty (Kind Of) Pleasure: The Buttered Maple Pecan “Keto Brick”
In a Weekly Roundup a couple of months ago, I told you about how I sustained myself entirely on meat and something called “Keto Bricks” (think of a typical energy bar, then quadruple the size) during an elk hunt that involved tons of aerobic walking, hiking, and carrying.
Essentially, Keto Bricks are high-calorie meal replacement bars that contain 1,000 calories, roughly 90g fat, 30g protein, and 14g TOTAL (not net) carbs per “brick.” These things are addictively flavorful, and the good folks at Keto Brick have recently outdone themselves with the addition of their newest flavor that totally embodies the season – and that has been a guilty treat of mine of late…
…buttery maple with chunks of pecan and a hint of cinnamon.
It contains: Raw Organic Cacao Butter, Grass-Fed Whey Protein (Maple Pecan) (Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Guar Gum, Stevia Leaf Extract), Pecan Butter (Roasted Pecans), Ceylon Cinnamon (Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder), and Himalayan Pink Salt.
I seem to always crave some kind of dessert at the end of a long day, but want to keep my blood sugar levels stable. I tend to break off a chunk of the bar and nurse it over the course of a few days as I can't quite mow down 1000 calories at once. This thing actually *drops* my blood glucose, which is pretty unheard of when it comes to tasty treats. So, if you are an active person who needs massive amounts of keto calories for mountaineering, hiking, hunting, etc. – or you just want a tasty keto treat to munch on occasionally – I cannot recommend these things highly enough.
You can get Keto Bricks here, and when you use code BEN, you'll be automatically entered to win a whole free month of Keto Bricks.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
This episode was brought to you by The Kion Daily Life Bundle (code BEN10), Joovv (Order your Joovv today and receive my brand new book, Boundless as a free gift), Paleo Valley Beef Sticks (Receive a 15% discount off your order when you use my link), and Organifi Green Juice (code BENG20).
This episode was brought to you by Kion (Take 10% off your order when you visit the Kion website today), Beekeeper's Naturals (code BEN), Water and Wellness (code GREENFIELD), and Four Sigmatic (code BENGREENFIELD).
Ben Greenfield's VIP Text Club: To receive exclusive texts from Ben Greenfield, text the word “FITNESS” to 411247 (within the U.S. only).
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Special Thanksgiving Offer From Dry Farm Wines :::
Thanksgiving will probably look a little different this year. Maybe you'll avoid large gatherings, travel less, recite what you're thankful for over a Zoom call… But, if you're like most people—in addition to turkey and stuffing—you'll probably still have that nice big ole' glass of wine with your dinner.
Speaking of wine, did you know that there are 70+ FDA-approved additives that could be lurking in your bottle of Cabernet or Rosé?
Yes, contrary to logic, wine often contains more than just fermented grapes. This is why, to take the guesswork out of sourcing my wine, I rely on Dry Farm Wines instead.
The wine connoisseurs at Dry Farm Wines…
- Find organically-grown, natural wines from small family growers…
- Independently test all of their wines…
- Taste each and every bottle (tough job, I know) to ensure they're all refreshing and delicious…
- Ship your wine to you in curated selections–for free…
No matter what type of wine drinker you are, Dry Farm Wines has prepared a showstopping selection of reds, whites, rosés, and sparkling varieties to pair with just about anything you cook up for Thanksgiving—yes, even Tofurky, if that's your thing.
Click here to discover their special Thanksgiving offer now! The best part is, Dry Farm Wines offers a 100% Happiness Promise, meaning they will replace or refund any wine you don’t love, no fees or loopholes.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness, and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
Featured Product: Kion Daily Life Bundle
My personal go-to, everyday essentials. This Ultimate Kion Bundle contains…
- Kion Aminos, your new secret weapon to have boundless energy, build muscle, recover better, and much more.
- Kion Organic Coffee, for stable, clean energy. Balanced with a clean flavor and a smooth, rich body with notes of sweet apple, marzipan, and baking spices, Kion Coffee is grown and harvested on sustainable, fair-trade coffee cooperatives.
- Kion Clean Energy Bar, with 11 grams of protein, plant-based fats, and a hint of sweetness from honey supplies stable energy that can help you tackle whatever comes your way. (Don't worry about running out or sharing, this bundle contains 12 bars!)
- Kion Lean, so you can enjoy a guilt-free pasta night or a delicious slice of cake anytime. Lean is made with potent herbs and plant-based ingredients that support balanced blood sugar levels.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Leave your comments and any news or discoveries that you think I missed below!