February 15, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Book That Has Gotten Me Checking Twitter Far Less
Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport: I've (ironically) been digesting the audio version of this book from Audible. In this book, the bestselling author of another favorite book of mine (Deep Work) introduces a philosophy for technology use that has already improved countless lives. Digital minimalists are all around us. They're the calm, happy people who can hold long conversations without furtive glances at their phones. They can get lost in a good book, a woodworking project, or a leisurely morning run. They can have fun with friends and family without the obsessive urge to document the experience. They stay informed about the news of the day but don't feel overwhelmed by it. They don't experience “fear of missing out” because they already know which activities provide them meaning and satisfaction. Now, Newport gives us a name for this quiet movement and makes a persuasive case for its urgency in our tech-saturated world.
Common sense tips, like turning off notifications, or occasional rituals like observing a digital sabbath, don't go far enough in helping us take back control of our technological lives, and attempts to unplug completely are complicated by the demands of family, friends, and work. What we need instead is a thoughtful method to decide what tools to use, for what purposes, and under what conditions. Drawing on a diverse array of real-life examples, from Amish farmers to harried parents to Silicon Valley programmers, Newport identifies the common practices of digital minimalists and the ideas that underpin them. He shows how digital minimalists are rethinking their relationship to social media, rediscovering the pleasures of the offline world, and reconnecting with their inner selves through regular periods of solitude.
He then shares strategies for integrating these practices into your life, starting with a thirty-day “digital declutter” process that has already helped thousands feel less overwhelmed and more in control. Click here to read or listen to it now (but prepare to be convicted about your social media use).
– The Results From The 6 Gigs of Data I Recently Downloaded From My Gut
Ever since I interviewed the team from Onegevity health in the podcast episode “How To Get 6 Gigabytes Of Data From Your Gut: The Fascinating Future Of Stool, Blood, Saliva & Urine Testing (From The Comfort Of Your Own Home).“, I've been getting a ton of questions about what the actual results from this test look like. So I shot you a quick screenshot video of my results below. You can click here to learn more about Onegevity Health, and use discount code: BEN20 to receive $20 off your own test.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Come Spend the Weekend With Me & My Wife for the Retreat of a Lifetime :::
Want to come live for a few days with my wife Jessa and I in a luxurious mansion in Napa, California? Registration for the only two RUNGA Immersion events of the entire year – in Napa Valley this September and October – has now officially opened. Be part of a small gathering of likeminded couples from all over the world in one of the most beautiful settings in America – Napa Valley – for an unforgettable total mind and body reboot.
I consider RUNGA retreats to be the most memorable and transformational wellness and performance immersions I attend on the planet. We spend 4 glorious days together indulging in all of my favorite ways to upgrade your body and brain: Kundalini yoga, breathwork, cold immersion, personalized fitness instruction, deep tissue therapy, movement coaching, 5-star world class organic meals, and much more! Click here for complete details and to register.
::: The Truth About GMOs :::
I’m sharing this with you because you deserve to know the truth: this generation may be the first whose life expectancy is shorter than its parents, and GMOs play a big role in this disturbing development. If you have questions about GMOs, register now for a free 9-part screening of “GMOs Revealed.” This docuseries will bring you a deeper understanding of GMOs: the history, how they affect you, myths about GMOs, and insights about the future of GMOs. Sign up today!
::: Four Sigmatic Is Having A Winter Sale :::
Save a whopping 50% on your favorite ‘shrooms until February 17, 2019! If you need a refresher on how to use medicinal mushrooms, click here to crack the code on nature's best-kept secret– from Lion’s Mane for cognition to Cordyceps Elixer for a pre-workout, Four Sigmatic has got you covered. And if you want the full circle mushroom experience, use Reishi to wind down and relieve stress. What are you waiting for? Just click here to take advantage of this limited time offer.
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 6, 2019: The Future of Personalized and Precision Medicine with Horses, Bourbon, and Ben Greenfield at The Kentucky Castle, Versailles, Kentucky. I join doctors Matt Dawson and Mike Mallin for a special presentation on the future of medicine. Register here to join us for this unique & extremely limited event.
– April 12 – 13, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Hooray: Senator Files '420' Marijuana Bill To Legalize It Federally https://t.co/LQVXsPNG23
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) February 11, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
The health of your organs plays a big role in the expression of your emotions…Click the link below to learn more
Great new taste, same proven formula! Whether you’re looking to stimulate faster muscle growth, recover more rapidly from exercise, become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout, or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids has you covered.*
The amino acid utilization of Kion Aminos is a whopping 99%, meaning your body is actually absorbing and utilizing the essential amino acids it needs.* Plus, Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs – and fast.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!