August 30, 2018
Two post-recording notes for this podcast from Ben: “1) I neglected to mention that float tanks are indeed a wonderful way to hydrate the body with magnesium, and are like epsom salts or magnesium chloride baths “on steroids” for cellular rehydration; 2) PEMF is a technology that can mitigate damages of EMF. I discuss that here.”
Aug 30, 2018, Q&A Episode 389: How To Biohack A Float Tank Experience, Reversing The Damage of EMF, Training With The Maffetone Method, and C-60 For Anti-Aging.
Special Announcements [00:23:49]
This podcast is brought to you by:
-Kion Bar – The Kion Bar is a satisfying, real-food energy bar. Stable energy, no sugar crashes! Just a tasty punch of mouth-watering, chocolatey-salty-coconut goodness. Get it now at getkion.com.
-Organifi – Organifi is an organic, superfood supplement line that makes quality trusted nutrition convenient and accessible. Go to Organifi.com and use the code there for 20% off.
-Thrive Market – Thrive Market is a revolutionary online marketplace on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. Get $60 of FREE Organic Groceries + Free Shipping and 30-day trial at BenGreenfieldFitness.com/thrive
-Primal Cold – The JetPack by Primal Cold is the world’s most advanced cold pack for your nut sac. Make the Cold your Secret Weapon and get 15% off your order when you enter code Ben at checkout. Visit primalcold.com to get your 15% off.
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You’re invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you’ll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I’ll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men’s health, it’s shocking that both practitioners and the public aren’t aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It’s time that changed, and I’ll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– June 23 to July 7, 2019: Swiss Retreat and Liver Detox, Swiss Alps, Switzerland. Join me for an immersive health retreat on the Swiss Alps in 2019. Just click here to know more or reserve your spot now.
Giveaways & Goodies [01:20:39]
-Grab your Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Gear package that comes with a tech shirt, a beanie and a water bottle.
-And of course, this week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
Listener Q&A [00:29:48]
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong, the Podcast Sidekick.
How To Biohack A Float Tank Experience [00:32:25]
Shane says: Wondering if you know of anything that you can take when you go into a float tank? I have had great experiences so far but I would LOVE to go deeper!
Reversing The Damage of EMF [00:49:30]
Sheridan (and Chris) says: I am curious of your thoughts around biohacking tools if you have worked in a high EMF exposure area? Is there something you can do, after the fact? For example, I work in a shopping center and the whole center's meters are right outside our window. — Chris also asked a similar question about how to undo the damage of working at places like AT&T and Apple for his entire career.
Training With The Maffetone Method [01:06:25]
Callan says: I am a fit 27-year-old female doing HIIT training 4-5 times per week. I can run a sub-7-minute mile but I am trying to build my endurance and aerobic base. I have gotten into Triathlons and want to get good at them. I have heard about the MAF method where you spend 3-6 months building your aerobic base and never touching the anaerobic zone. Should I take 3 months off and train aerobically? Is that still a thing? Should I add strength and HIIT into that or do I need to take the time off to train aerobically?
C-60 For Anti-Aging [01:13:52]
Kim says: I am interested in your opinion in the atom cluster called Carbon 60.