December 20, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Spiritual Book I'm Enjoying Right Now
Awareness, by Anthony De Mello, is one of the 24 must-read books recommended by Eckhart Tolle, and I'm finding it incredibly enlightening. This one-of-a-kind, how-to-do-it book responds to the longing that, sooner or later, arises in every human heart for a greater connection to life, to our own spirit, to God. One of my favorite parts so far?
“…continue to be aware, to live life from moment to moment. How marvelously it is described in those words of the gospel: “Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns … Consider the lilies of the field … they neither toil nor spin.” That’s the real mystic speaking, the awakened person. So why are you anxious? Can you, for all your anxieties, add a single moment to your life? Why bother about tomorrow? Is there a life after death? Will I survive after death? Why bother about tomorrow? Get into today. Someone said, “Life is something that happens to us while we’re busy making other plans.” That’s pathetic. Live in the present moment. This is one of the things you will notice happening to you as you come awake. You find yourself living in the present, tasting every moment as you live it. Another fairly good sign is when you hear the symphony one note after the other without wanting to stop it.”
Damn. Read this book for sure.
– Edible Honeycombs
So I personally haven't been doing much honey as I'm eating a low FODMAP diet right now (meaning I'm limiting fructan sugars), but my twin boys have been absolutely LOVING these edible honeycombs from Pass The Honey. Each one is an individually wrapped, single-serve honeycomb that’s incredibly tasty and contains a ton of essential vitamins and minerals.
Honeycomb is kind of the original ancient superfood, and my kids have been smearing this stuff on waffles, mixing with yogurt, and having along with a handful of nuts. The folks at Pass The Honey have long been fascinated with bees and their secret elixir that boosts vitality. However, until now, honeycomb was messy, sticky, and sold in inconvenient bulk trays. Not this stuff. These mess-free, single-serve honeycombs are excellent for on-the-go vitality wherever life takes you or your kids. I dig 'em.
You can get a package of single-serve honeycombs here from Pass The Honey (use code: BEN for a 15% discount on orders of the 7-ct pack).
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles I Published This Week:
– My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save 10% On A Super Unique Holiday Gift For The Biohacker In Your Life :::
You may have heard me talk about this gadget in my latest podcast with Luke Storey. He keeps his next to his wifi router and I keep one in my office and in my bedroom.
The Somavedic is advertised as a one-stop-shop for EMF mitigation, water structuring, and free radical reduction!
It claims to use the energy of precious stones and minerals to create a coherent field around the unit where our bodies are in a more natural environment—essentially overpowering non-native EMF with natural frequencies. Admittedly, the science is not very robust on this thing, but anecdotally I can tell you that I definitely sleep better when mine is in the bedroom, I feel less irritable during a long day of working in an electrically charged office, and I’ve had several clients actually do pre-and-post blood inflammatory tests and found that their inflammatory markers dropped her medically when they change nothing else except adding this into their working at home environment.
You can grab one here and, for a limited time, save 21% with code: BEN21.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– January 6, 2020: Kion Fasting Challenge – Worldwide. Join me, team Kion, and thousands of other like-minded individuals (last year we had over 12,000 participants) for a FREE 5-day fasting challenge! Click here for details and to sign up.
– January 16: Boundless Launch Party – New York, NY. Biohack the World Boundless Book Tour. Join me and the world’s foremost biohackers in this intentional, socially-conscious incubator space for an interactive storytelling session and Q&A to discover what’s on the cutting edge of anti-aging, nutritional and exercise science. RSVP here.
– January 29: Boundless Launch Party – Century City, CA. Save the date, and stay tuned for more details!
– January 31: Boundless Launch Party – Santa Monica, CA. Save the date, and stay tuned for more details!
– April 24 – 26: Paleo f(x) – Austin, TX. Join me and dozens of health and fitness experts to discover the latest breakthroughs in epigenetics, biohacking, Keto, AIP, nootropics, blood testing, strength conditioning, sleep, stress and much more. Try out delicious new foods, discover new workouts, and even try new gadgets in the biohacking lab. Register here.
Featured Product: Kion Fasting Bundle
Fasting is a simple practice that can have profound impacts on your mental, physical, and spiritual health. However, simple doesn't always mean easy. The first few hours of a fast can be difficult to get through due to hunger pangs, low energy, and brain fog.
That's why Kion has curated the Kion Fasting Bundle, which includes two powerhouse products to help you get through your fast while still reaping the benefits of fasting.*
- Kion Coffee: A clean source of caffeine, which has been shown to suppress hunger and improve energy levels during a fast. Kion Coffee is also rich in polyphenols that can enhance many of the benefits of fasting, including improved body composition, gut health, and autophagy.*
- Kion Aminos: Pure essential amino acids (EAAs) are a great way to “hack” your fast for better energy levels, better cognition, and sustained muscle mass.* They can also provide the fuel you need to get through fasted workouts.
Upgrade your fasting practice today with the Kion Fasting Bundle; and if you haven't already, sign up for the Kion Fasting Challenge (going live January 6th)!
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
In this special solosode episode of the podcast, you'll discover what I use for:
-Fat loss and blood sugar management…36:21
-And much more…https://t.co/UC1Wz7PXjA
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) December 17, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Is your brain leaking?I first became interested in cold therapy when I learned about its benefits for a vital but…
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!