August 18, 2022
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Life app.
Before asking your question, search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Life!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…
Ginger may not be as sexy and expensive as the trendy anti-aging drugs out there, but it has fabulous evidence for longevity enhancement: Ginger for Healthy Ageing: A Systematic Review on Current Evidence of Its Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Anticancer Properties…05:00
Fantastic paper on the latest anti-aging drugs and compounds, and how they work: Antiaging agents: safe interventions to slow aging and healthy life span extension…09:40
Here's all the stuff that is bad news bears for fertility: Addiction and human male fertility: A systematic review and a critical appraisal…21:01
Hey fellas, maybe you should focus on *this* more than, say, bench pressing: Handgrip Strength as a Darwinian Fitness Indicator in Men…28:17
A plant-based diet doesn’t necessarily mean a healthy or high-quality diet – this study found that biomarkers of cardiometabolic health are associated with diet quality, not “plant-based” classification (or vegetarian vs. omnivore): Health Biomarkers in Adults Are More Closely Linked to Diet Quality Attributes Than to Plant-Based Diet Categorization…37:01
This systematic review found some evidence that supplements such as bovine colostrum, glutamine, single-strain probiotics, nitric oxide precursors, and antioxidants may reduce exercise-associated gut damage and therefore limit gastrointestinal symptoms during exercise: A systematic review: Role of dietary supplements on markers of exercise-associated gut damage and permeability…46:52
Baby food pouches more sugary than Coca-Cola, dentists warn amid “epidemic'”of tooth decay: Baby food pouches ‘more sugary than Coca-Cola', dentists warn amid ‘epidemic' of tooth decay (FYI, I would not say this about the baby food pouches from Serenity Kids (use code BEN to save 15%) I have for lunch each day – not kidding!)…50:27
Mushrooms communicate with each other using up to 50 “words,” scientist claims: Mushrooms communicate with each other using up to 50 ‘words,’ scientist claims…54:15
Good calculator for balancing your food and activity levels (especially the expert mode): Body Weight Planner…56:54
- Ben's gut-nourishing juice video on YouTube:
- Podcast with Dr. Sandra Kaufmann:
- The Kaufmann Protocol by Dr. Sandra Kaufmann
- Kion Omega
- Anti-aging agents:
- Kratom (use code BEN40 to save 40%)
- Kava (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
- NDGA (NorDihydroGuaiaretic Acid)
- Resveratrol or Pterostilbene
- Urolithin (use code BEN to save 10%)
- Seed Daily Synbiotic
- Boundless by Ben Greenfield
- Melatonin (use code BEN to save 5%)
- Podcast with Dr. John Lieurance:
- Ketone Aid R1,3
- Nootopia (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
- Captains of Crush grippers
- Dumbbells and kettlebells (use code GREENFIELD to save 15%)
- The Game Changers documentary
- Podcast with Doug Evans:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Carnosine or Taurine
- Amino Acids
- Snowballs underwear
- Supplements to reduce gut cell damage
- Nitrate/Nitrite precursors
- Podcast with Dr. William Davis:
- Serenity Kids (use code BEN to save 15%)
- Fantastic Fungi
- Lion's Mane
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldlife.com/calendar
Endure: Check out Ben's latest book. A sequel to the wildly popular book Fit Soul, Endure, written and inspired by the author Ben Greenfield’s own personal temptations, struggles, and failures, and informed by what he’s studied and learned along the way, will serve as a key resource and guide for that very preparation.
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Also, you can now find Ben on Gettr and TikTok!
Listener Q&A :
Q: How Often Should You Fast And When Should You Fast?…58:55
- High energy flux lifestyle: High caloric intake paired with high fitness expenditure
- For women:
- 10-12 hour overnight intermittent fast daily
- For men:
- 12-16 hour overnight intermittent fast daily
- 1-2 times a month: 24-hour dinnertime to dinnertime fast
- Once every quarter: 4-5 days of cleanse like Prolon-based fasting-mimicking diet or bone broth diet
- Dr. John Douillard's ayurvedic cleanse
Q: Recommendations For Bone Cancer In A Family Member?…1:02:02
*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor nor a medical professional, so please don't take this as medical advice. This is simply my opinion from an informational standpoint.
- The Metabolic Approach To Cancer by Dr. Nasha Winters
- The Cancer Revolution: A Groundbreaking Program to Reverse and Prevent Cancer by Leigh Erin Connealy – (page 177~197 contains the *exact* meal plan that I like for cancer)
- Moss Reports
- Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer by Thomas Seyfried
- Podcast with Dr. Thomas Cowan:
- Dr. Thomas Cowan's Garden (use code BEN to save 15%)
- Hydrogen-enriched water
- Quinton hypertonic water solution (use code GREENFIELD10 to save 10%)
- Two to six cups of organic bone broth
- Ashitaba (use code BEN to save 15%)
- Melatonin (use code BEN to save 5%)
- Strophanthus (use code BEN to save 15%)
- Flax and Black Cumin from Andreas’ Seed Oils
- NR, NAD, or NMN supplements and/or NAD patches
- High dose Vitamin C
- Infrared sauna for 20-45 minutes
- Coffee enema
- Frequent ozone therapy (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
- Frequent use of Rife therapy, PEMF therapy, and hyperthermia using technologies such as the
- Frequent use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Chamber (HBOT)
- Complete elimination of non-native EMF (NNEMF) such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, any significant smartphone usage, etc.
- Complete emotional detoxification focused on gratitude, prayer, meditation, relationships, and de-stressing.
- Tocotrienols (Annatto-E) and GeranylGeraniol (Annatto-GG)
- Podcast with Dr. Barrie Tan:
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
–Water & Wellness: Use code GREENFIELD to save 10% on all orders. Go to WaterAndWellness.com/Greenfield
–Tru Kava: Kava is a powerful plant-based stress relieving, Nootropic drink from islands in the South Pacific that has been highly regarded for 3000 years as a safe, natural, non-addictive alternative to drugs and alcohol. Go to: gettrukava.com and use code BEN for 10% off
–Levels: If you want to better understand how food affects your health and try a continuous glucose monitor yourself, go to levels.link/Ben to learn more. They also have a really well-researched, in-depth blog that I recommend checking out if you’re just looking to learn more about topics like metabolic health, longevity, and nutrition.
–HigherDose: Get your own Infrared Sauna Blanket or Infrared PEMF Mat at HigherDOSE.com today and use my exclusive promo code BEN at check out to save 15% off!
–Essentia: Organic mattresses, the only mattress to score best on eliminating all sleep-interrupting stimulants. Experience Essentia for yourself and save an additional $100 on your mattress purchase using code BENVIP at myessentia.com/bengreenfield
9 thoughts on “Q&A 445: The Best New Anti-Aging Compounds, Gut Healing Supplements, What Ben Would Do If He Got Cancer, The Worst Things For Fertility & Much More!”
Amazing episode. I have a question about fasting for women because i didnt understand if we should only interminent fast for 10-12h or if we (women) should also do the 24h fast once a month and the prolonged fast once a season. Can you clarify? Thank u.
Even avoid hemp seed oil?
Thorne’s Hemp Oil + formula contains phytocannabinoids, which exert the exact same activity in the body as endocannabinoids do. The formula is unique because it’s sourced from Europe, where it is rigorously tested to ensure it contains only minimally detectable amounts of the phytocannabinoid THC, an active ingredient in Cannabis, which ensures it has no psychoactive properties. U.S. hemp oil extracts are not always tested for THC content. The hemp oil in Hemp Oil + is European certified-organic, eco-farm-certified, is non-GMO, and is CO2-extracted (so no solvents are used): https://bengreenfieldlife.com/ben-recommends/supplements/organic-hemp-oil/
I sent this is as a Q&A questions, but I’m not sure I was able to distill it down to a small enough sound byte to make it onto your next podcast. Here is what I’m wondering:
I have heard you mention a HOST of diagnostic testing which will provide users with some very tangible, objective, quantifiable data. Some of those tests include:
Blood/Stool/Urine/Salivary Analysis or Testing
Food Allergy Panels
Those tests are extremely expensive. Where would you START? And how would you PRIORITIZE those tests?
My goal is simply to gather some objective data through which I can craft a plan for my diet and fitness routine. I want to know if what I’m doing is working and if not, why not.
Hi Eric. Feel free to schedule a call with my Coaching Services Team who will point you in the right direction: BenGreenfieldCoaching.com/personalized-coaching/
If you want to screen yourself for cancer and treat it simultaneously, here is a cheap and quite effective way
100ml Water + 30 drops of 25% Sodium chlorite (NaClO2) + 10ml 99,9% DMSO
take a small sip and swish it all around for 9min then disgorge and take the next one and so on…
Otto Warburg was granted a Nobel Prize in 1931 for his discovery that cancer can only survive in an acidic and oxygen-poor environment.
I can post the science behind the ingenious procedure (originated in a German self-help group) if not interested, stop reading.
So when NaClO2 is being absorbed into the bloodstream, it needs an acid to react with to create ClO2 (redox potential of 0,95V – beneficial bacteria, virus have at least 1,45V)
Since Cancer cells are by definition acidic and have a redox potenital below 0,95V, the NaClO2 reacts with the cancer cells which kills them rapidly.
This can get be a pretty intense detox, as reports from cancer-patients in the group are; fever, diarrhea, vomiting. Better start with 3 drops in the solution if cancerous, if not, one will not feel anything even when using 100drops.
Just a quick question, I found your list of anti aging supplements, what is the daily protocol of the below supplements. I.E all the supplements below daily, cycling some on off??
Kratom (use code BEN40 to save 40%)
Kava (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
NDGA (NorDihydroGuaiaretic Acid)
Resveratrol or Pterostilbene
Urolithin (use code BEN to save 10%)
Seed Daily Synbiotic
I discuss “Supplement Dosing and Timing” here: bengreenfieldlife.com/article/supplements-articles/ben-greenfields-ultimate-supplement-guide/ and here: bengreenfieldlife.com/article/supplements-articles/when-to-take-vitamins/
Just wanting to ask are you interested on interviewing Dr Robert Rowen of Santa Rosa, California or Dr Isadora Guggenheim of Nyack, New York who has had success with Ozone Therapy treating Covid and Long Covid?