June 29, 2016 Podcast: 354: Grow Muscles Faster, Pro Athlete Biohacks, Living Long With High Cholesterol & More.
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the tab on the right (or go to SpeakPipe), use the Contact button on the app, click Ask a Podcast Question at the bottom of this page, or use the “Ask Ben” form at the bottom of this page.
- Ben is using a mini air purifier.
- The rise and fall of Theranos: so many lessons in a drop of blood
- Want a muscle to grow faster? “pre-exhaust” the slow-twitch fibers prior to strength training – and check out the book “Neuromass” by Jon Bruney.
- I’m guessing this has something to do with negative ions/grounding/earthing effect…try some EarthRunners perhaps?
- Yet another very good reason to camp and hunt (massive fat loss) this study ROCKS.
- This mitochondrial lesson is EXACTLY why I have “go fast” and “go slow” in my Look Good Naked/Longevity plan.
- I’m glad the NBA is finally catching on to all our “weirdo” biohacks.
- Another NBA biohack – transcranial direct current stimulation (TDCS) – professional athletes seem to be early adopters of what we scoff at.
- HIGHLY recommend you pay attention to the vagal nerve tips from @drjackkruse in this excellent article.
- After stopping marathoning @ryanhall3 is looking pretty bad ass, isn’t he?
- What do you think is better for the body? Hard, hard 5K or long, long marathon? Here’s a clue.
- Training in Line W/ Your Genetic Potential Can Boost Your Performance Gains More Than 600%, DNAFit™ Studies Say. Here is where to get DNAFit test for yourself.
This podcast is brought to you by:
-EXO Cricket Bars. Go to http://www.exoprotein.com/ben, where you can try a sampler pack with all their most popular flavors for less than ten bucks including free shipping (that's 33% off!) and discover what all the hype is about.
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories on his morning, daily and evening routine! What did you miss this week? A clay mask, a park workout, a morning routine change-up, an epic post-race salad and more.
July 8-10, 2016: Join SEALFit and Ben Greenfield for a SEALFit 20X event at Ben Greenfield's home in Spokane, WA – combined with Obstacle Course training with Ben Greenfield and Hunter McIntyre. Get all details here and get in soon because this one will fill up fast!
July 12, 2016: Ben is speaking on “Shattering Fat Loss and Diet Myths” at the Natural Grocers store in Gilbert, AZ from 6-7pm. Click here for details!
August 6, 2016: Join Ben for the Portland Spartan Sprint and 4 hr Hurricane Heat. Click here to sign up!
August 11-13, 2016: Ben is speaking at the Ancestral Health Symposium (AHS) in Boulder, Colorado. AHS is a historic three-day event created to unite the ancestral health movement and to foster collaboration among scientists, health professionals, and laypersons who study and communicate about health from an evolutionary perspective to develop solutions to our health challenges. Click here to learn more or to register now.
Grab this Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Gear package that comes with a tech shirt, a beanie and a water bottle.
And of course, this week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Rachel Browne, the NEW Podcast Sidekick.
How Much Sun Is Too Much?
David says: Firstly, thank you for all the great information you provide. Secondly, he has a question in relation to dermatology. Being summer, he's started to spend more time in the sun to make sure his vitamin D levels are on point. He rarely uses sunscreen, instead deciding to titrate up his sun exposure as the season goes on. Lately he's been noticing he's not getting burnt but developing nice coloring when he spends 1-2 hours in the sun. However, he is noticing a growth in freckles and moles. Can you speak to how this happens and the mechanisms that drive the growth of moles and freckles on the skin.
Does A Sauna Shrink Your Sperm?
Claire says: Claire is from Northern Ireland and her and her husband like to use the sauna and steam for hypothermic conditioning after a gym workout. Could this be detrimental to trying to convince a child? Also, any biohacks for two 40+ years old's trying to conceive?
How To Live Long If Your Cholesterol Level Are High
Rick says: He loves listening to the podcast, and thanks for causing him to re-evaluate how he uses fatty coffee in his diet as he knows he has high cholesterol. He's been testing and trying to see where it's at as far as particle size goes, and was told today he has high count of small particles size, the ones that cause problems. His 9 year old son was in for his yearly checkup and they tested his cholesterol and it was also high. The doctor said if they don't get a handle on it in the next 6 months they want to put him on statan drugs, which Rick went on 10 years ago and experienced bad side effects. They refuse to put their child on it, so they're just trying to figure out how to stack the deck in their favor as they navigate the healthcare system. Any advice on how to live a long and healthy live with the elevated cholesterol levels?
How To Stop Grinding Your Teeth
Gina says: She's a long time listener. She was recently diagnosed with grinding her teeth at night, and western medicine's only solution to that is to design a plastic mouth guard, so she's still grinding her teeth, just not on the enamel. If you google the average recommendations are reduce caffeine, alcohol and levels of stress, and she's already working on all three. She's quit coffee, alcohol consumption is limited and she's doing everything she can about stress. Is there anything else you've heard of that can help her solve this?
Ask Your Question