Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
A Cool New Pre-Exercise Breath Protocol
I recently finished reading Jesse Coomer's A Practical Guide to Breathwork: A Remedy for the Modern Human Condition. It's a great read for anyone interested in practical breathwork protocols. I've been using one particular protocol from the book for a pre-workout charge-up and it works really well. It's called the “Jolly Green Giant” (it gets its name from the position in which you will stand), and it goes like this:
- In a standing position, place your hands on the middle of your ribcage.
- Take a slow but deep breath in through your nose, using the proper breath wave (belly, ribs, chest). As you inhale, be sure that you feel your rib cage expanding as you pull your breath downward to your belly. Then, fill your chest with air.
- Exhale actively through the nose.
- Repeat this at a slow pace for ten breaths.
- Next, speed up the pace of your inhales and exhales, inhaling through the nose and out through the mouth. Continue to keep your hands on your mid-ribs and be they move with your rib expansion.
- Repeat this for a minute.
- Next, switch to mouth breathing for your inhales and exhales, making sure to use the proper breath wave and rib expansion.
- Repeat this for a minute.
- When you are finished, you can start your workout with the confidence that you have set your breathing pattern up for success.
Anyways, this is worth trying before your next workout, and Jesse's new breathwork book is definitely worth reading. Get it here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
This episode was brought to you by Kion (code BEN10), Organifi Gold Chocolate (code BENG20), Joovv (code BEN), and Paleovalley Beef Sticks (Receive a 15% discount off your order when you go to paleovalley.com/ben).
This episode was brought to you by Kion Omega (code BEN10), Organifi Red Juice (code BENG20), Four Sigmatic (code BENGREENFIELD), and Thrive Market (Receive a gift card worth up to $20 when you begin a new membership).
Ben Greenfield's VIP Text Club: To receive exclusive texts from Ben Greenfield, text the word “FITNESS” to 411247 (within the U.S. only).
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save Up To $200 On Joovv :::
If you've been considering getting your own light therapy device, and have been following me for some time, then you probably know that the one I use and recommend—Joovv—rarely goes on sale.
So, needless to say, you'd be wise to act now while Joovv is offering up to $200 off on select devices!
If you're not familiar…
- Red light is readily absorbed by surface tissues and cells, leading to enhanced skin health and healing.
- Near-infrared light, invisible to the human eye, penetrates into deeper tissues, leading to enhanced recovery and inflammation support.
With Joovv's new Recovery+ Mode, you can boost your body’s natural recovery, healing, and regeneration process faster than ever with continuous red light and pulsed NIR light.
From now until the end of November, Joovv's Generation 2.0 devices are discounted for up to $200 off. (Take $100 off a Mini 2.0, and $200 off a Solo 2.0, Duo 2.0, Max 2.0, Quad 2.0, or Elite 2.0!)
This offer ends 11/30, or until supplies last, so grab one while the grabbin's good here!
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness, and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
You definitely don't want to miss this year's Kion Black Friday sale.
Because it actually MAKES you money (get up to $100 in gift cards with every purchase) and gives you FREE stuff (first 100 orders, starting at 6 am MT every day, get free Kion products).
- Orders over $100, get a $25 gift card
- Orders over $150, get a $50 gift card
- Orders over $200, get a $75 gift card
- Orders over $250, get a $100 gift card
Oh, and the best part?
You can shop from the comfort of your own home. No lines, no crazy hoarders, no masks required.
Just click here and stock up on all your health and fitness favorites to get up to $100 in free gift cards—and maybe even score a free bag of Kion Coffee, bottle of Kion Omega, or tub of Kion Mixed Berry Aminos.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Leave your comments and any news or discoveries that you think I missed below!