March 22, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– The Artificial Intelligence Bike Now In My Office
If you didn't get a chance to read the recent study: “Reduced Exertion High-Intensity Interval Training is More Effective at Improving Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Cardiometabolic Health than Traditional Moderate-Intensity Continuous Training“, I'll sum it up for you…extremely brief spurts (I mean, very brief, as in 10-20 seconds) performed during a quick 10 minute a day workout achieved superior health and cardiovascular benefits than a long, boring, steady-state workout.
Enter the CAR.O.L bike. Standing for CARdiovascular Optimization Logic, CAR.O.L is an AI-powered, interactive exercise bike with self-learning algorithms that took four years to program. “She” automates each HIIT workout and guides you through touchscreen and audio prompts. This thing – based on studies like those above – is clinically proven to give you the same cardio benefits of a 45-minute jog in under 9 minutes, with only 40 seconds of hard work. It has built-in AI algorithms that personalize your resistance to guarantee you hit max power every session in order to deplete your glycogen stores as fast as possible, and studies have shown that after just four to eight weeks of workouts with CAR.O.L three times a week, your body’s insulin sensitivity will increase by 28% or more.
It's incredibly convenient, and better yet, no sweat at the office…so you can just get on and get off during one of your “Pomodoro” breaks. You can click here to get the bike and use code GREENFIELD for $150 off.
– Great Book I Discovered For Fixing Knee Pain
“The Knee Pain Bible“: On a recent trip to Vancouver, I had a sudden jolt of pain on the front of my knee while descending the airport stairs with two heavy bags. Once I got to my gate, I pulled out my little massage ball I travel with, mashed my adductors (not my knee!) for two minutes, and voila. Pain gone. I learned this trick from the handy little book: “The Knee Pain Bible“.
In this book, you'll learn:
• Where your knee pain is actually coming from, and how to get rid of it.
• What IT band syndrome is and how to release the muscles causing the irritation.
• How to fix runner’s knee, and jumper’s knee as easy as 1, 2, 3.
• The difference between trigger points, and adhesions, how they are creating your knee pain, and how to get rid of them.
• Why your specific knee pain diagnosis is not a death sentence.
And so much more! For 16 years, the author suffered with unimaginable knee pain and has since not only healed his own, but countless others. This book is well worth owning if you ever get knee pain on the front, side or back of your knee. You can grab it here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– 8 Unexpected Foods That Will Enhance Your Gut Health
– April 6, 2019: The Future of Personalized and Precision Medicine with Horses, Bourbon, and Ben Greenfield at The Kentucky Castle, Versailles, Kentucky. I join doctors Matt Dawson and Mike Mallin for a special presentation on the future of medicine. Register here to join us for this unique & extremely limited event.
– April 12 – 13, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you'll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here's the link to more info.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
The podcast with @jack is officially live: “Advanced Stress Mitigation Tactics, Extreme Time-Saving Workouts, DIY Cold Tubs, Hormesis, One-Meal-A-Day & More.” – this guy is a true hacker of health… https://t.co/RU9ZknIcnl
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) March 16, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Jack Dorsey dropped out of college to start Twitter and is now a billionaire businessman. He is the CEO of Twitter, CEO …
The Ultimate Clean Energy Bar for Hard-Charging, High-Achievers
As a busy CEO, coach, professional athlete, international speaker, and top 100 podcast host—I needed a bar that would meet the intense demands of my lifestyle, while also satisfying my strict nutrition and purity requirements. I’m happy to say, THIS IS IT.
After years of habitually eating low-quality protein bars, I started having elevated blood sugar, gut rot, energy swings and toxins present in my blood tests. So I wanted to do something better. I wanted to learn how can a bar provide adequate amino acids for recovery without spiking insulin and glucose, or creating mTor and longevity issues from excess protein intake?
You're about to discover exactly how I did it. Meet the Kion Clean Energy Bar.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!