January 20, 2022
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…
- Japanese Professor Creates Lickable TV Screen You Can Taste…06:25
- This new year try walking backwards: It pays…12:10
- “A hundred steps backwards is worth a thousand steps forward”
- ‘Fountain of youth’ pill shows ability to dramatically increase longevity in mice…13:47
- Can you get more fit from the blood infusion of a fit person's plasma? Oh gee, here we go…16:38
Interesting data on hydrogen-enriched water for traumatic brain injury and for cognitive performance…19:12
- Hyperbaric oxygen to the rescue for beauty and skin health. I dig it. (I use this one about 5 days of the week for 30-60 min.)
- These results suggest that essential amino acids play a novel role in maintaining brain health and protecting against neurodegenerative disorders…29:06
- Which chemicals are in your fast food? (burritos and burgers are particularly problematic)…32:20
- Ben's smoothie recipe:
- Blend with ice
- Goat milk from the backyard or get it from Amazon here
- Soak frozen raw liver cubes in kefir in a mason jar
- Frozen avocado cubes
- Omica Organics Stevia
- Sea salt
- Kion Colostrum (8 heaping scoops)
- nurish.me Liquid Curcumin (use code BEN25 to save 25%)
- Kion Creatine
- Nutola granola topping (use code BEN to save 20%)
- Podcast with Ben Patrick:
- Water and Wellness hydrogen tablets
- Podcast with Tyler LeBaron
- Hanu Health podcast with Nathan Bryan
- HBOT Vitaeris
- HBOT podcast and article:
- A New Treatment For Blasting Tissues With Oxygen, Growing New Blood Vessels, Recovering Faster, Killing Bacteria, Building Stem Cells & Much More!, with Dr.Jason Sonners.
- How To Biohack A Hyperbaric Experience – A Physician Spills His Insider Secrets On How To Use HBOT Properly To Accelerate & Optimize Healing, Performance, and Recovery.
- humanⁿ neo40
- Kion Aminos
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldlife.com/calendar
–The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes. This is your roadmap to a culinary journey that includes ancient food and wild game preparation tactics, biohacked smoothies, meat rubs, cocktails, desserts, and beyond—without any restrictive diet, limited ingredients, or tasteless “health foods”! Order yours today here!
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Listener Q&A :
Q: Should You Increase Your Protein Intake As You Age?…42:30
In my response, I recommend:
- Q&A 438: Is A Carnivore Diet Bad For You, How To Build More Muscle With Cold, The Best Baby Food, Alcohol Microdosing & Much More!
- Thorne Bio-Gest
- Bioptimizers Masszymes
- Total protein daily intake = 0.55g~0.8g/lb.
Q: How To Fast Without Feeling Nauseous…46:51
In my response, I recommend:
- Not uncommon to feel nauseous when intermittent fasting
- Ketones and Amino acids before bed
- Morning ayurvedic practices that help with poor vagal nerve tone
- The Perfect 11-Minute Morning Routine: How To Make Your Day Better By Using Ancient Ayurvedic Principles To Optimize Your Morning Routine with Dr. Bhaswati Bhattacharya.
Q: How To Target Lactobacillus Growth…51:40
In my response, I recommend:
- Dr. William Davis yogurt recipes
- Super Gut by Dr. William Davis
- Seed Daily Synbiotic
- Ben's yogurt recipe:
- Lactobacillus Reuteri
- Prebiotic fiber
- Goat milk from backyard or get it from Amazon here
- Pendulum Glucose Control
- Go With The Gut: New Israeli Research Probes Microbiome Responses To Personalized Diets
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
–Kion Coffee: Elevate your daily grind with pure, delicious Kion Coffee. Available in Whole Bean or Ground, our coffee meets the highest standards for health and taste.
–Magnesium Breakthrough: Top 7 forms of magnesium for stress and better sleep, ALL IN 1 BOTTLE. Get a 10% discount when you use my link.
–Clearlight Saunas: You can be sure that I researched all the saunas before I bought mine and Clearlight was the one that stood out from all the rest because of their EMF and ELF Shielding and their Lifetime Warranty. Mention BEN GREENFIELD and you’ll receive an extra discount on your purchase.
–HigherDOSE: Get your own Infrared Sauna Blanket or Infrared PEMF Mat at HigherDOSE.com today and use my exclusive promo code BEN at check out to save 15% off!
3 thoughts on “Q&A 439: Benefits Of Walking Backwards, The New Fountain Of Youth Pill, Biohacking Skin Health, Chemicals In Your Food & Much More!”
Hey Ben, was listening to a podcast a while back where you we talking about NAD+ and the different ways you can supplement it. Also heard you say on this podcast that too much NAD supplementation could possibly adversely effect you at a young age. Is this something I can just stop taking or do I have to take it forever now? Ala testosterone. Just so you know, I’m 29 but used to be extremely overweight around 370. Have made it down to 245 but was taking NAD in an effort to reverse some of the negative effects being that overweight probably had on my body. I’ve been using it for a little under three months. Was taking the life extension 100mg daily for the first month, then the TruNiagen 300 mg daily for the last 1.5 months.
Great information but I have a suggestion:
In the segment where you answer questions from “The Clubhouse” the audio from the questioners is just about incomprehensible when I listened today on the podcast. I would suggest either you drill down and fix the audio so listeners can understand it or a quick fix is just simply for you to readout the question Ben says- “Joe Sixpack asks how many minutes a day to exercise is optimal?” This might be a good interim solution.
Noted, thanks for the suggestion Mike!