December 2, 2023
Before asking your question, search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Life!
-Was Ben wrong about vitamin C…05:02
-How fast do you lose muscle after you stop training…11:59
-The impact of exposure to artificial light…27:25
-The benefits of multivitamins…34:05
- Recently, I’ve been getting into multivitamins and even been experimenting (particularly during travel, when I want fewer bottles of supplements) with Xtend-Life's formula by Warren Matthews, which I podcasted about here: “Why Your Multivitamin Probably Has The Wrong Ingredients In It, Statin Confusion, The Best Kind Of Weight Training For Longevity & More With Warren Matthews and Ivor Cummins,” and which you can get here: Xtend-Life Total Balance Men’s Formula (use code GREENFIELD to save 15%).
- So why a multivitamin? Research indicates that, especially for older adults, taking a multivitamin supplementation can result in memory improvements — read up about it more here: “A neuroscientist who studies the aging brain says he started taking multivitamins because of his own research”
- More on memory: A multivitamin improved performance by “the equivalent of 3.1 years of age-related memory change” compared to a placebo, helping to maintain cognitive functioning and potentially enhancing it
- Other research found three years of multivitamin supplementation translated to a 60% slowing of cognitive decline. Improvements in global cognition, episodic memory, and executive function were also noted
- Research has also revealed multivitamins can reduce lung cancer by 38% and improve levels of several other nutritional biomarkers: “Supplement use and gastric cancer risk in the Southern Community Cohort Study”
- *Fantastic* tips here on how to limit the damage from airline travel: “Does Traveling Age You Physically?” including:
- Consume high amounts of antioxidants from food and supplements during, before, and after the flight (foods rich in color/flavonols/polyphenols and supplements like vitamin D/E/C are a few of my favorites):
- Iodine for soaking up radiation
- Grounding and earthling
- Magnesium (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
- Faraday cage/EMF blocking
- Hydrate and don’t drink alcohol
- Consume *small* amounts of red wine while staying physically active for at least 5–10 minutes per 2 hours of flight time (the article says wine, but I’m a bigger fan of nitric oxide precursors such as Calroy’s Vascanox).
- Try these mini-workouts, which you can do in stealth mode during a flight without getting too many weird looks: “10 Exercises You Can Do On An Airplane Without Looking Weird”
- Deskbound: Standing Up to a Sitting World by Kelly Starrett
- Plenty more in my book Boundless for fighting jet lag and staying Fit as a frequent flyer
Want to submit your question for Ben to answer on the podcast? Submit here or send a direct message on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. To make it easy to spot, preface your question with “Q&A Podcast Question: (ask a question)” and keep it concise, please.
Q: Tom Franco asks: Would you please be able to provide some insight on what you’re eating day to day again, maybe even run through what you have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the past week? I find myself having the same stuff all the time, and it’s almost like there aren’t that many foods! Thanks, dude, absolutely love you.
- Elements of Vitality: December 8, 2023
Return to the Elements of Vitality: This will be the second time my good friend Dr. John Lieurance and I collaborate to bring you the most effective and cutting-edge health and wellness advice, protocols, and some of our favorite tools. If you’re into health and wellness and want to stay on top of all the cutting-edge, latest, and greatest innovations and protocols, you don’t want to miss this event. Learn more here and use code GREENFIELD for 5% off at checkout.
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
Organifi: Get the restful sleep you need with the most soothing ingredients! Organifi is a delicious superfood tea with powerful superfoods and mushrooms to help you sleep and recover so you can wake up refreshed and energized. Go to Organifi.com/Ben for 20% off your order.
Joovv: Get an exclusive discount on your first order of my favorite in-home light therapy devices. Just go to Joovv.com/ben and apply code BEN.
BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough: The 7 essential forms of magnesium included in this full spectrum serving help you relax, unwind, and turn off your active brain after a long and stressful day so you can rest peacefully and wake up feeling refreshed, vibrant, and alert. On top of the promo code ben10 for 10% discount, you can unlock a special gift with purchase – for a limited time only. Go to magbreakthrough.com/ben now and get your gift.
BioStack Labs: NAD Regen increases your energy, enhances your cognitive function, and slows aging. Get 15% off your purchase of $100 or more by going to biostacklabs.com/ben.
Xtend-Life: Achieve longevity through “future-proofing your health.” If you have to choose one supplement, pick Xtend-Life Total Balance Premium! Use code BEN15 at www.xtend-life.com/ben for 15% off sitewide, plus free shipping.