July 31, 2020
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
Brain Biohacking Summit I’m Speaking At (This One Threatens To Be Goooood!)
You may have already heard the rumblings about this event, and now it’s officially scheduled and happening. This September 26-28, 2020, I’ll be traveling to Lexington, Kentucky to speak at an event hosted by WildHealth at the world-famous Kentucky Castle, where I’ll be revealing all my latest brain biohacks and brain optimization stacks.
You can click here to attend the event live (*seats are extremely limited!*) or you can register to attend online for full access to all talks. The code for a 20% discount is BEN.
Here’s the deal, this is not just any old conference. Instead, the room is going to be jam-packed with superstars including:
- One of the godfathers of plant medicine himself, Jim Fadiman…
- The top regenerative medicine doc in the country, Dr. Matt Cook (a 5-time podcast guest of mine!)…
- Decorated female Crossfit champ Julie Foucher (who will also be leading workouts!)…
- Brilliant doctor, teacher, entrepreneur, and innovator Andrew Haase (I’ve had a chance to hang with this guy and I’m not joking – he’s a genius)…
- Andrew Ozinskas, an herbalist, medicine maker, and wildcrafter with an incredible knowledge of wild foods and medicines…
- My own personal mentor (the top-secret, unnamed guest who I’ve been working with for two years) presenting on all things plant medicine (including advanced plant medicine tactics I guarantee you’ve never heard of)…
- And many other super special guests, including a Harvard professor, a neurofeedback practitioner, a psychiatrist and mindfulness expert, a neurology/neurosurgery double board-certified MD and expert in building biology, EMF, and environmental factors, and the list goes on and on!
As if that weren’t enough, experiences you’ll get to partake in if you attend the live event include:
- Cold-hot thermogenesis and training in the sauna, cryotherapy unit, and ice bath at the castle…
- Wild foods foraging and wild herb foraging in the Kentucky forest followed by a scrumptious, mouth-watering post-foraging feast…
- Daily yoga sessions, along with mindfulness meditation and gratitude practices….
- A full breathwork session followed by an immersion in holotropic breathwork (a life-changing experience if you’ve never done it!)…
- And much, much more…
If you want to discover everything you’ll need for the rest of your life to optimize your cognitive function and upgrade your brain, and also get access to never-before-seen material on plant medicine, breathwork, and beyond, you don’t want to miss this event. You can click here to attend the event live (*seats are extremely limited!*) or you can register to attend online for full access to all talks. The code for a 20% discount is BEN.
I hope to see you there, or see you attending online! Prepare for your brain to blast off!
I Think This Is Going To Be The Future Of Soft Drinks, Vitamin Beverages, & A Whole Lot More
OK, so I think this is pretty cool. My good friends at Thorne are using super complicated high-tech science (they're kinda like the Nikola Tesla of nutrition) to create a simpler alternative to today's over-processed (and over-packaged) “health” beverages.
This is not another soft drink giant peddling sugar-packed beverages as “healthy.” Thorne is a health company that happens to make better health solutions, which is soon to include drinking your vitamins. Instead of sugar water spiked with some food coloring and a penny's worth of unnecessary vitamins, their dissolvable discs are a contemporary solution for getting essential nutrients, without any of the unessential ingredients.
The result is a healthier health drink that reduces the need for the unnecessary—like unnecessary plastics and packaging that already pollute the earth and oceans. So we can now do the fish and ourselves a favor while also cutting the crap from our bodies and the planet.
Effusio will come in four delicious flavors scientifically formulated to provide four distinct benefits:
- PreforPro® – A breakthrough prebiotic ingredient that supports good gut bacteria within hours of taking it, without the need for fiber, carbs, or starch-based ingredients that can cause excess bloating and gas.*
- GreenSelect® – A decaffeinated, green tea phytosome that contains antioxidants and nutrients that promote an optimized microbiome and assist with regulating metabolism.*
- Pomma+™ – Pomegranate extract sustainably sourced from California orchards. The extract contains unique micronutrients that promote a normal inflammatory response throughout the gut and suppress the growth of specific bacteria.*
- AuroraBlue® – A proprietary complex from a berry species hand-picked in Alaskan rain forests and tundra. Ten times more effective than other berry species. Micronutrients in the AuroraBlue complex promotes balanced blood sugar levels and helps maintain a healthy weight.*
You just drop in the disc, stir, drink up, and enjoy.
The technology Thorne is using for these “disc drinks” is from Effusio, which is a health solutions company leveraging innovative 2D technology to provide healthier alternatives to traditional beverages, announced its plans to launch its first product this fall, which is designed to deliver essential vitamins, minerals, and complex nutrients via environmentally-conscious discs that are dissolvable in a variety of warm and cold liquids. The company will deploy the printing technology and use some of the world's purest ingredients and formulas through its partnership with leading nutritional supplement company, Thorne.
“Effusio will revolutionize the concept of modern-day health drinks,” said Paul Jacobson, Chief Executive Officer of Thorne, and Co-Founder of Effusio. “In a world where consumers are mired by overly processed sports drinks, energy drinks, smart waters, soy beverages, and kombuchas, these dissolvable discs are an environmentally sound, contemporary solution for receiving essential nutrients, without any unnecessary ingredients.”
The first Effusio product will be available this fall and additional dissolvable disc products will be added to the portfolio in the coming year. Ultimately, the 2D technology will be deployed to print dissolvable discs that can make carbonated beverages and plant-based alternative milks. All products will undergo rigorous manufacturing protocols, quality checks, and efficacy testing at the Thorne facility, which has one of the largest laboratory and quality assurance/quality control platforms in the industry.
Consistent with Effusio's mission to provide health solutions that allow consumers to optimize their health without compromising on sustainable or green manufacturing practices, the product packaging will be plastic-free by utilizing a unique resin composition to specifically meet these goals. Over time, Effusio will shift to completely home compostable packaging, which can also be processed with organic waste to produce high-quality biomass material. That material can also later be used to create new packaging or returned to the earth as a fertilizer for agricultural production.
“Our product will enable consumers to enjoy a healthier alternative to traditional beverages that is both nutritional but also environmentally friendly. In fact, our innovative approach to packaging and manufacturing practices will create a sustainable product that reduces the need for trucking heavy water, thereby reducing the carbon footprint; decrease the need for and reliance on distributors in the beverage channel, and effectively turn the beverage business into an e-commerce business,” said Dr. Stephen Phipps, Chief Innovation Officer of Effusio.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
The Latest Research On Ketones & Ketosis For Performance & Recovery, Do Ketones Break A Fast, Using Ketones For 45 Days Of Crossfit Murph, Ketone Esters vs. Ketone Salts & More With Geoffrey Woo of H.V.M.N.
This episode was brought to you by Kion Cold Thermogenesis Challenge, Organifi Red Juice (BENG20), Clearlight Saunas (BENGREENFIELD) and Thrive Market (Receive a gift card up to $20 when you begin a new membership using my link).
This episode was brought to you by Kion Cold Thermogenesis Challenge, Butcher Box, JOOVV (Order using my link and receive my brand new book, Boundless absolutely free!), and Paleo Valley Organ Complex (Receive a 10% discount off your order when you use discount code BENGREENFIELD10).
Ben Greenfield's VIP Text Club: To receive exclusive texts from Ben Greenfield, text the word “FITNESS” to 411247 (within the U.S. only).
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save 15% On The New Probiotic I've Switched To :::
Unfortunately, as you can read here in “A new kind of probiotic could change the $38 billion market by using real science,” most probiotics simply do not seed the gut.
So I started looking into “SEED” probiotics after meeting their chief scientist at a health conference and being incredibly impressed. SEED is a microbiome science company with a deep bench of scientists and doctors developing microbial therapies that are backed by both human clinical data and quantifiable endpoints showing they actually do “seed” the stomach (hence the name).
SEED’s first product is a consortium of 20+ strains of bacteria supported by multiple double-blind, randomized, human clinical trials looking at a variety of endpoints—including intestinal transit time, stool consistency, regularity, ease of elimination, bloating, and intestinal barrier integrity.
In other words, this is the best new probiotic. Period. I’ve been popping three every day. Their website is pretty fun to explore too. Use code BEN15 here for 15% off your first month of the Daily Synbiotic.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness, and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
Featured Product: Free! Kion Cold Thermo Challenge
Join me, team Kion, and thousands of others around the world for the Kion Cold Thermo Challenge!
Exposing your body to cold offers some serious benefits for your physical and mental wellbeing, including improved cardiovascular fitness; elevated mood, attention, and mental function; enhanced fat burning; and most importantly—it'll make you feel like an energetic badass.
When you join the Kion Cold Thermo Challenge, you'll get free access to:
- Cold Thermo Unearthed, Kion's brand new e-book…
- Daily tips, tools, and techniques to get the most out of your practice…
- The accountability and support of thousands of others chilling along with you…
- A chance to enter an epic giveaway!
Click here to sign up today to access all the exclusive content—then prepare to take the plunge this Monday, August 3rd to unleash your true physical and psychological strength!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
A combo of fasting plus vitamin C is effective for hard-to-treat cancers, study shows:https://t.co/0eNzibrHPz
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) July 27, 2020
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Demographers, epidemiologists, gerontologists, and other researchers on aging have long puzzled over the theoretical…
Leave your comments and any news or discoveries that you think I missed below!