October 7, 2021
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…
Umbrella Review: When it comes to cancer risk, guess what the very WORST thing is from a dietary standpoint? Clue here…06:05
Guess which sport is most correlated with longevity? Answer here…13:30
Blood flow restriction WITH aerobic exercise allows for decent training of VO2max but at LOWER intensities. Pretty cool…17:45
Are eggs good or bad for you? The experts weigh in (and I agree with the consensus/summary)…23:50
Someday I don't think folks will chuckle so much or find it ridiculous when I talk about suppositories for sleep or cleansing coffee enemas…the latest “butt” research…31:10
Resources Mentioned In Intro & News Flashes:
- FÜM natural inhaler (use code BGF to save 10%)
- Lucy Gum (use code BEN20 to save 20%)
- Feel Free (use code BEN40 to save 40%)
- Q&A 435: 5 Death-Defying Supplements, What Foods Kill You Fastest, The Best Pre-Workout Mix, Carb Cravings After Cold Thermogenesis & Much More!
- BFR bands (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
- Kaatsu (use code BEN to save 5%)
- Vasper machine
- Cyrex Food Allergy testing
- Zevia Cherry Cola
- Ozone Generator
- Join me and my wife Jessa at Runga for The Gathering. Click here to grab one of the very limited spots we have open to the public for The Gathering at Runga (October 7-9, 2021).
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldfitness.com/calendar
–The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes. This is your roadmap to a culinary journey that includes ancient food and wild game preparation tactics, biohacked smoothies, meat rubs, cocktails, desserts, and beyond—without any restrictive diet, limited ingredients, or tasteless “health foods”! Order yours today here!
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
–Kion Clean Protein: Organic natural flavors, Himalayan sea salt, and stevia deliver rich chocolate and velvety smooth vanilla flavors that are out of this world—seriously, even in plain ole’ water.
–Thrive Market: Organic brands you love, for less. Your favorite organic food and products. Fast and free shipping to your doorstep. Receive a gift card worth up to $20 when you begin a new membership.
–Organifi Gold Pumpkin Spice: A new take on an ancient secret: Pain-soothing herbs, incredible antioxidants, and phytonutrients all in one delicious, soothing “Golden Milk” nighttime tea! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code BENG20.
–Seed Daily Synbiotic: A formulation of 24 unique strains, each of which included at their clinically verified dose, to deliver systemic benefits in the body. Save 15% off your first month's subscription when you use discount code BEN15.
-What Are The Best Metrics To Track For Fitness And Longevity?…44:10
- How Rich Guys Stay Fit, Heart Rate Recovery, Resting Heart Rate Tracking, Heart Rate Variability, Cold Soak Temperatures, Little-Known Pre-Sleep Supplements & Much More With Keith Rabois.
- Oura Ring
- Katalyst EMS workouts
- The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown
- Moov device
- Wearable sensors for monitoring the internal and external workload of the athlete – article from Journal of Digital Medicine
-What's The Best Chocolate To Avoid Heavy Metals?…54:10
- Forest Finest
- As You Sow
- Root Proof label – Knowing The Origin
- Navitas Prop 65
-How To Build Muscle With Low Testosterone Levels…59:45
- Consider the following before supplemental testosterone:
- Vitamin D/K2
- Adequate carbohydrate intake
- Podcast with Jay Campbell:
- Podcast and article on testosterone:
- The Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone on Muscle Size and Strength in Normal Men:
- Effect of testosterone on muscle mass and muscle protein synthesis:
- Laser lights on the balls
-How To Use A BioCharger…1:07:52
If your review is read on the show, you'll receive a sweet bag of BGF swag mailed to your house!
5 thoughts on “Q&A 436: The Worst Food For Cancer Risk, Are Eggs Good Or Bad For You, The Sport That Makes You Live Longest, What Is The Healthiest Chocolate & Much More!”
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing information, please keep sharing…
Hi – Can you give the portions and brands of the coffee enema ingredients, particularly the probiotic and butyrate?
This should help: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/digestio…
Hi I recently listened to your podcast with Jay shetty and I really enjoyed it.
As someone who struggles with sleep, it was a great episode to listen to.
I’d love to try some of the things you said you use for sleep. I couldn’t find them online ..maybe I was spelling them wrong.
Are you able to tell me those apps and devices you use ?
For example the hack b ? Or neurocall?
Thank you !
Hi Joseph! I think you're referring to the Hapbee (bengreenfieldfitness.com/hapbee) but this article is "The Last Resource On Sleep You’ll Ever Need" https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/the-last… I recently published a link to an interesting story on the link between a culturally-consistent diet and sleep: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34420524/